[D1 LM] Family Matters

Re: [D1 LM] Family Matters

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 am

"Dong-Ha, son of Dong-Suk. Most just call me Dong." He explained, satisfied that everyone had food. Well everyone but himself. Dong-Ha rectified the matter shortly, scooping himself a generous portion. "There are seconds." He voiced with a pleased tone of someone who had had to sometimes ride an entire day without stopping to eat.

"Iuchi Wataru and Yayoi... nemurenai, right?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:01 am

"Amongst other things; My family line are traditionally historians, and somewhere along the line that extended to specializing in keeping old items in good shape, including old scrolls and other items too intrinsic to our past as Rokugani to leave behind or sell."

She sat with legs tucked to her side, bowl on her lap in both hands.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 am

"But that is not your calling, right?" Saksaha adds after a slurp of tea. "Oh, forgive me. Saksaha, daughter of Sirga, daughter of Silun. I am not sure if we have been introduced before."

She sighs contentedly and settles a little more onto her cushion. "It feels like morning, doesn't it?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 am

"Ah." another, shorted nod followed as Dong-Ha brought his bowl to his lips, taking a sip from it. "My father's a meishodo sensei." He knew that his father was not particularly renowned or popular among his kin. Some were better craftsmen while others could produce more potent magics with their trinkets. Dong-Ha's hand slipped to one of his amulets as he brushed his calloused fingers over its smooth surface. Many of the meishodo priests had the habit of fiddling with their amulets.

Dong-Ha nodded at Saksaha. "The Lady Sun seems most gracious today. Feels almost... auspicious, don't you think?" Superstition ran strong through the Dong-Suk's school of meishodo.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:41 am

"It feels nice," Yukarin said with a smile, "And you are right, Saksaha-sama; I have two older siblings who are dedicated to continuing that tradition. I decided to follow my own passions and gifts."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:01 am

"Nothing wrong with that." Dong-Ha muttered softly, resting his bowl on his knee. "Mysteries of creation are not for everyone."

"We all do what we can, eh." His calloused fingers kept playing with the dangling trinket. "So what are Yukarin-san's passions then?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:04 am

"Full of many possibilities," Saksaha agrees, tying off the earlier thread of conversation--then devotes some energies to her breakfast, leaving a space for Yukarin to answer.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:17 am

"My passions..." she looks over and gives the silent Batul a smile before finishing her thought, "Well, I didn't fall too far from the tree. As the saying goes. I am just more interested in those things my parents kept that were mundane. Take this necklace..."

She reached up and touched her necklace, pearl beads with a jade magatama, "This has been in my family for hundredsof years... but who made it? Why? For whom? Did it ever have meaning to anyone long ago?"Yukarin smiled, "And now that we are back in Rokugan I have the opportunity to see so many new things with long histories; Old texts, centuries old buildings, shops and workshops with dozens of generations of owners from the same family... I will leave the priceless and special items to my siblings; I have more interest in the every day things that make up our culture and history. Hopefully we can start up a robust trade and cultural exchange to learn more about such things."

Yukarin had a habit of being a bit... excitable.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 am

Dong-Ha's gaze followed the young girl's hand to her necklace. "A historian then?" He asked carefully. "You musty be excited to meet our guests then." After all they represented what Ki-Rin had once been."They ought to be able to answer some of your questions." Chances were she'd end up marrying one of them.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 am

"They do have a great many things here," Saksaha says, perhaps a little doubtfully. "Because of staying in one place for so long. I wonder that they don't grow bored with most of it. Not of the really fine things, of course," she adds, thinking of Yukarin's necklace.

"Do you wish to find a trader for your husband, then, Yukarin-san?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Batul lift her head from the bowl in which she had immersed herself, though she heard the words of one brother and the other sisters as well. "I am Batul." She said as she greeted the newcomer when the time came for her to introduce herself, and her mouth was not full of cheese. "Mother is an Ide, and father an Iuchi. From him I got the knowledge of Meishodo, and the understanding of flux of magic, and from mother I got the merchant sense. I also attended some lessons of Etiquette with her Ide family to prepare myself for the arrival to the Empire when we were notified that we were to come back."

The samurai-ko, scoped another cheese ball and ate as if it had been a long time that she had not eaten. She just liked the dishes of her people so much, couldn't understand why they were shun upon by the Empire.

"Can't say I'm the intellectual type, but I do like to socialize when I can."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:03 am

"Good morning Batul-san; I am glad to know I'm not the only one here with formal lessons outside of usual Iuchi training."

She bowed her head before looking over at Saksaha and Dong-ha with a slight grin.
"Curious about the sort of man I am hoping for before the events have even really started, hm?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 am

Dong-Ha for his part looked down into his milk tea, trying to fish out a morsel of fresh cheese. What kind of men his kinswomen wanted to find was not really his business.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 am

Saksaha smiles into her tea bowl with a rather mysterious air, the steam turning her for a brief moment into the picture of shamanic wisdom (if only she were about thirty years older, anyway). "How else should we know what sort of Rokugani to send your way, cousin?"

She giggles, breaking the illusion. "Say, do you know how the old Ujik-hai used to hunt?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 pm

What in the name of Iuchi Moto games have to do with the miai? Dong-Ha frowned for a moment. He had always felt bit alien among the burly Moto and while he had few friends among the family, he could not claim knowing that much of their traditions. "Pray tell us, cousin?" Dark eyes turned to regard Saksaha, curiosity gleaming behind them.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts