[Day 1 - Late Evening] Campfire Stories

[Day 1 - Late Evening] Campfire Stories

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 pm

A little tipsy and certainly full of interesting foods and inspired by all the conversation at the opening dinner, Hanashi makes certain to get a decent campfire going in front of his yurt, hoping to have guests who would be as inspired as he from it all.

Stories only mattered when you shared them, after all. And there was a tale of a certain Shinjo which needed telling, if there was enough of an audience, of course.

A grin on his face in the flickering firelight, he wrapped up a bit to stave off the evenings wind and crouched before the fire and under the stars.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Re: [Day 1 - Late Evening] Campfire Stories

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:03 pm

"Tell us a story, Shinjo-san!" Moto Baatar demanded. The young Unicorn had made certain to get a good seat near the campfire so he could hear the whole thing.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:30 pm

"Ahhh Moto-san, absolutely I will! But as this is one you may know, let us give others the chance to find the campfire and see if any of the guests of the Unicorn are feeling up to exploring in this fine evening!" He grins a bit, happy to have young Baatar in the audience.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Kogo walked somewhat stiffly to the campfire, feeling the discomfort of after the feast, but determined not to miss out on the stories of the Unicorn storyteller.

*Who knows what kind of stories he might have? Anything's possible!*

As she enters the light of the campfire, she says, "Konbanwa Shinjo-sama. I am honored to be present to hear your clan's stories tonight. "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Hanashi gives a not very often practiced bow, resisting the urge to try and shake hands. Some Ide had told him that offended people at one point or another.

"I am glad to have you at my campfire," he peers at her mons for a few seconds. "Ah, Matsu-sama! Be welcome and warmed by the light. Though I ask if you have a tale of your own to tell, that you think upon it for I hope to not be the only teller of tales each evening during the miai, though I plan to tell a tale each night about this time should duties permit."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:Hanashi gives a not very often practiced bow, resisting the urge to try and shake hands. Some Ide had told him that offended people at one point or another.

"I am glad to have you at my campfire," he peers at her mons for a few seconds. "Ah, Matsu-sama! Be welcome and warmed by the light. Though I ask if you have a tale of your own to tell, that you think upon it for I hope to not be the only teller of tales each evening during the miai, though I plan to tell a tale each night about this time should duties permit."

Kogo blushes slightly. "I am not sure I know of any tale so interesting to be presented to company, but I will endeavor to think of something. Thank you for the invitation."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 pm

"Many welcomes." He pauses a moment, then nods. Yes, it wasn't a gift, so only once. "No pressure of course! It would be wrong of me to ask for a story, before the story has fully formed in the mind of its teller."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 pm

She smiled back at him. "If the story is willing, perhaps it will happen. If not, I am very happy to listen."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 am

A brief nod of contentment at that. "While we wait, may I ask you a question, Matsu-sama?"

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 am

Khulun announces herself with a powerful shrill cry for her kin and then shouts, “A thousand horses, not a single stallion! Did we invite goats or men!”

“My cousins, are you filled with food and drink?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:27 am

"Hai! Any fuller and you would have had to get Mori to roll me back!" Hanashi stands, smiling; "Welcome to the campfire of a Teller of Tales, Moto-sama! Be warmed by its light and comforted by the stories to be told; for we are alive to tell them!"

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 am

“I feel warmer already, my ears bleed from the words of these strangers… they speak at length about nothing. Shiny words, smelling of goat shit,” she chuckles.

“Give me the strong tales of our kin!”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 am

"I plan on sharing the tale of the hero Shinjo Akil this night, and hope someone else shares the second tale in return. At my fire is another of your family," He nods to Bataar, "and one of the Matsu."

He grins a bit. "I was surprised at how many enjoyed stories on our clan; what stories they tell, Moto-sama, will help us learn of this land and what happened since Shinjo-Kami started her journey. I'm certain you have the strength to..."

He gestures to the fire, "find the true embers of knowledge that they've kept a light amidst the shiny words you've been hearing."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 am

“Well until now they have had simply history, now they have true legendary tales not dry dusty scrolls and ledgers to listen to,” she says in reply.

“I hope the Matsu has something good to share, I can’t stand another lecture on Uchibong.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:59 am

A grin at that. The Moto knew the value of a spoken tale.

And he's never met an Ikoma to prove him different. "Uchibong?"

Shinjo Hanashi

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts