Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Re: Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 pm

The birds remain eerily still atop the archery targets.

"... your return... has not gone... unnoticed..."

One of the birds twitches suddenly, its wing jutting sharply outward before it regains control of itself and tucks its molting appendage back into place.

"... I am... simple samurai... a herald... "
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:44 pm

“Our steeds shook the heaven and earth, I am sure many saw and feared our coming.”

She spits and adds, “Herald huh? Well you best be on your way dark spirit, this place is under the protection of the Unicorn and Shinjo’s faithful.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Tsukimi felt queasy.
Khulun was ballsy, the Hare would give her that much, to be sure.

"A herald for whom?"
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:52 pm

There was a rattling sound from the birds. After a moment, it becomes apparent that it is laughter.

"...no more a spirit... than yourself... Moto..."

The same crow twitches again, its neck bending at an unnatural angle as the others continue to whisper.

"... a gift... to welcome you... home...

The twitching crow doubles over, making weak, coughing sounds as it starts to wretch up something from the depths of its rotting body. The other crows barely spare it a glance.

"... tomorrow night... return... if you understand..."

The twitching crow heaves one last time, allowing the trinket to fall from its beak and land in the darkened grass at the target's base. Without further hesitation, the birds take to the skies, circling upwards in an ever-widening spiral.
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:55 pm

Khulun crouches and picks up whatever the evil spirit coughed up.

She ain’t afraid of no ghost.

"Even the dead know to give tribute to the strong," she says with a curious tone.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 pm

The object, slightly gore-covered, was a small ivory netsuke in the shape of an interlocked crane and ki-rin. From the weathering of the ivory and the way the details had faded, it looked ancient.

(Lore: History/Intelligence TN 25 to identify)
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:01 am

"I have no idea what this is," she says aloud.

OOC: Lore TN 25: 2d10 13
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 am

Udo studies it.

"Me either, but I'm not sure you should keep it." Udo looks up into the night sky. "Regardless, if you return tomorrow you must let me accompany you."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:01 am

“Why would I not return and I will take it to the Iuchi, they will know. Evil spirits may scare other samurai but we Moto are made of the Earth and our blood is the fire. I descend from the Eater of the Dead, I fear nothing. My grandfather once saw death and spit in his eye,” she says confidently.

“You are welcome to join me Dragon.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 am

"...I'll be here as well. We're invested in this now. I'll stand beside you." Tsukimi dipped her head lowly, and swallowed what felt like sandpaper.
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 am

She tucks the charm away and adds, “I welcome your aid, samurai.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 am

Udo inclines his head toward Khulun. "You are truly brave, Moto-san. Not everyone acts so well when confronted as you were."

Udo pauses and lets there be some silence before continuing. "Well, If Moto-san won't let this ruin her night, this one shall not let it ruin his. Shall we walk? Perhaps we shall find a more charming talking animal."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 am

“Moto die, but we do not yield,” she says grimly.

“More talking animals? Bad luck that, a dog that can speak two words is worse than a man that knows a hundred,” she says with a sage nod and makes a sign to ward off any spirits.

“If we are walking tell me more of yourself, perhaps I’ll make you a bride. If you’re lucky.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 am

The two seemed to pair up, and Tsukimi resigned, giving a thin-lipped smile and a small nod.

"I'll leave you two to it. See you tomorrow. Goodnight." She bowed again, and excused herself, to return to her yurt.

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:06 am

Udo bows at the retreating Hare. "It was a pleasure. This one looks forward to tomorrow."

Udo chuckles. "This one has been called lucky before, though I think perhaps having you as a bride takes more than luck. All the best things require hard work and luck." He smiles at her and slightly bows.

"A dog that can speak two words may be worse than most men that know a hundred, but there are plenty of Samurai who I wish knew fewer words." He gives a crooked grin.

"But enough about the animals. You wish to know about this one?" He touches a tattoo on his arm. "My animals are all in tattoo form. I am of the Togashi Order, an ise zumi. I trained in the mountains as a martial artist and a monk, as do all in my Order. I was better than many, but worse than a few. I drew praise and criticism."

Udo looks around for a good place to walk. "The Dragon enjoy the mountains, but I am happy to be here."

More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field