Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun May 28, 2017 10:13 pm

And here's the Neutral story to balance it all out :3

3656 - Nar Shaddaa

Aris never expected a meeting on the Smuggler’s Moon to be so boring. He rocked back and forth in his seat and looked at the woman sitting across from him. She was an interesting sort, a woman with mismatched eyes and golden hair. But what made her most intriguing to him was her apparent lack of interest in his advances.

“I feel pretty safe in your hands,” he said with a sly smirk.

“She’s not the one keeping you safe,” interjected a brute of a man. He was a wannabe, a “tough” guy who had grew overconfident over bullying others.

The industrial spy leaned back and interlaced his fingers behind his head. “I dunno, the nice Mandalorian lass here seems to be handling the hard part.” In the corner, Thera Ordo stood, twirling her locks with a finger. If it were not for her Beskar’gam armor peeking out of her cloak, he would not have recognized her as a Mandalorian.

The security chief slammed his armored fist onto the table. “Don’t you dare insult me, coward! You’re the one begging us to protect you!”

“Enough! I didn’t come here to deal with bickering children.” Evangeline waved Malto Brin back and stared coldly at Aris. “I assume that the terms are acceptable?”

He nodded. “Yeah. I’m glad that the Hutts have decided to continue our mutually beneficial relationship.” He took a final swig from his drink and slid it over to Malto. “Do me a favor and get me another drink?”

“This isn’t over.” The armored man stomped over to the office’s door. “We’ll talk about this later, Evangeline.’

“Yes. And we will go over how you damaged my brand new, kriffing chair.” Evangeline let out a sigh and looked back to Aris. “I wish the Hutts demanded more professionalism from their mercenaries.” She let out a small chuckle and poured the glass herself before pushing it over.”

Aris shook his head. “Hey, I can’t be having a fine woman such as yourself serving me. Why don’t we get outta here and hit up one of the bars. I’m sure you have to pull to get in somewhere nice and special.”

The blonde shook her head. “No. I try not to get too involved with men who would sell out their own mother for the right credits.”

“Suit yourself. I can’t imagine you get close to anyone in this field.”

“You would be correct.” She poured herself a glass and smirked.

“Guess Huttball players don’t trigger any alarms for ya.” He received a glare for the remark, enough for him to hold out his hands as if surrendering. “Alright, alright.” Aris turned his attention to the Ordo woman. “What about you? You’re familiar with Nar Shaddaa by now, yeah?”

Thera continued to play with her hair. “Well, yeah, but I think I should work on my end of the bargain first. There’re a lot of dangerous bounty hunters I need to ward off quickly,” she murmured, “It would be a shame if something happened to you, Mister N’ventas.”

“Mister N’ventas. I like the way you say it.” He then leaned back forward and smirked. “But in all seriousness, I’d like to get started immediately. Setting up security is nice and all but it doesn’t bring in the big bucks like a good heist. You know, I had a pretty good operation back on Corellia until it started falling apart.”

He took a sip of his drink and then let out a sigh. “I need other slicers, obviously. Some smugglers would be nice. Preferably cute ones, like the twi’lek lass I worked with for a bit. Hm, you haven’t heard from her or any of my other associates, yeah?”

“I can’t say I have. Maybe you should check with an information broker,” Evangeline replied, “But if you’re in need of smugglers, I believe Dango the Hutt has a relative who captains his own smuggling crew. Can’t say I’ve seen many Hutt smugglers before. There is also a Republic senator too. Quite the sight.”

“There’s a Mandalorian mercenary with his own crew who comes to mind,” Thera added, “If you are in need of some muscle, that is.”

Aris tiled his head. “What about your own sister? Nothing to say on her?”

Thera frowned, for the first time seeming actually upset. “I do not think you two would get along.”

He shrugged. “Whatever you say. I won’t push it. Anyways, thanks for the pointers. Feel free to send in more recommendations.” He got up and smiled to both of them. “Now then. The night is still young and I’m ready to enjoy this moon for all it has to offer.”

“You realize that the night has lasted almost an entire standard day, right?” Evangeline replied.

“All the more reason to celebrate before it is over. Now then, unless either of you fine ladies wants to come along, I’ll see you at the next meeting.”

And much to his disappointment, he left that room unaccompanied.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 pm

So, just to check, and apologies if this has been asked, but if we're in a fightin' mood, are there a good number of fightin' opportunities? Including if we're only moderately fightin' capable?
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon May 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:So, just to check, and apologies if this has been asked, but if we're in a fightin' mood, are there a good number of fightin' opportunities? Including if we're only moderately fightin' capable?

There will be blood.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 pm

*puts leash on Tomo*

No fightin' without forms filled in triplicate!
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 29, 2017 3:29 pm

I'll try with more detail;

Item; Czerka Arms 411 Holdout Blaster
Book; Fly Casual, A Sourcebook for Smugglers
Pages; 42-43

Does this holdout add a setback die to find it like a normal holdout pistol?
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon May 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Sure sounds thematic for that holdout Blaster.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Are we following the approximate way the Performer specialization handles performing? (IE: Agility/Coordination for physical performances like dancing, miming, acrobatics, etc. Then Presence/Charm for non-physical performances like singing.)
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm

We will be opening the forums up to players on Thursday, submissions still start on the 4th of June, but you can hang out chat and get ready for the game. You can sign up with your character's name or not, we can change it after character submission.

So the 1st the forum opens, the 4th submissions open... the 7th Pregame opens and then the 9th the game launches.
Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Are we following the approximate way the Performer specialization handles performing? (IE: Agility/Coordination for physical performances like dancing, miming, acrobatics, etc. Then Presence/Charm for non-physical performances like singing.)

Yep that sounds fine.
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 31, 2017 12:25 am

Hey, we're closing in on the forum open date. To save you guys from having to deal with too much NPC spam, I'm going to be stopping my previews when it opens. Fiction? Maybe, we'll see. But anyways, the theme for the rest of the previews is Information. Allow me to present...

Jal Nav'loso

Jal.png
Jal.png (77.28 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

This Devaronian is a prominent information broker working under the Hutts. He knows better than to sell any information on his primary employers. However, selling dirty little secrets on the rest of the population is fair game. Sometimes he is known for giving away such information for "free" out of the "kindness in his heart."

Due to the nature of his business, he is known for being incredibly paranoid, with his hands always ready to draw his blasters. He refuses to take anything as fact until he investigates it himself.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Going off the same theme as yesterday, today I will present the Republic's very own...

Matthias Norsoa

Matthias.png
Matthias.png (83.44 KiB) Viewed 3527 times

Matthias is an agent handler for the Republic Strategic Information Service. He is responsible for making the tough calls while the field operatives carry out such actions. In this, he views it as an effective separation; the operatives can feel more at ease knowing that their actions were not their choice.

However, this dissociation does not always follow through in practice. There have been several instances where information will be leaked out, exposing the heinous actions of the agents under his command. It is those agents who are condemned for such actions in the courts. And while that could also be considered an extension of their duties, it should come as no surprise that he has earned some notoriety.

---

And that's all folks! I hope to see you on the opened forum tomorrow!

"But wait, Nekoinu, you didn't post an Imperial character in this batch!"

That's because I already posted someone whom fits the theme :3

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 pm

The forum is open to players, you can create an account with your character name or your handle, we can change it later. There is an OOC chat and a place to ask questions, we will have to authenticate all new accounts but I should be around tonight to do that.

Have fun, I am Dapper Dog there.

http://narshaddaa.fallenash.com/index.php
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Submissions are go.
Moto Khulun

Previous

Return to Out of Character Chat