Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Yeah, I'm going for low key Republic staffer or employee--but can I do that and be Force sensitive? I'm thinking the Jedi aren't keen on Force wielding hedge knights...

Eh, I think if you became powerful, they might want to keep an eye on you, but they're not going to jail you or mindwipe you or anything. And being a Republic staffer is an excellent way to keep an eye on you, so you should be good. I don't know if the Jedi can draft people or anything like that, either. Anyway, at the start, you'll just have 1 Force die, so this might just be a problem for later!

By the way, if any Republic aides or solder types would like to attach themselves to someone besides Mei, I'll likely be a Republic Captain. More of a inexperienced but highly trained type, not a combat veteran, just so you're not surprised when your soldier has seen significantly more combat than him.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon May 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Is a Republic force user who isn't Jedi possible? I don't know how absolute the Jedi monopoly is.

Can you tell yet that other than playing Republic, I'm really not settled on anything?

I just want to bring it up because it was a few pages, but Mei is playing senator and is looking for anyone who wants to be crew members. I'm going to be the ship's doctor. I don't think he cares what you play, it's just a jump board for having people on the Republic side already together.

EDIT: Or Tomo is good too. But then, you would miss out on serving with my totally legit doctor. Totally legit.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 15, 2017 3:26 pm

I totally forgot that the Service Corp came after the Ruusan Reformation xD. Will have to think more on that. Same with non-Jedi force users. I imagine that it'd be difficult to be open about that without some ties to the Jedi. But I believe you can technically always just leave.

Republic numbers have been increasing steadily so people shouldn't feel too worried about numbers ^^

Tonbo Misa wrote:I was debating about making a brawler, but danged if I haven't realized there's not really an upside. Low damage, bad crit rating, engaged range...

Other than you can take it anywhere without people wanting to take them.

They can take your fists xD? There're also blast gauntlets, where you essentially punch a blaster bolt into them. You take a strain each time you land a blow though.

Oh, and don't blow up your friends xD
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Mon May 15, 2017 3:38 pm

B-b-but... I like my AgriCorps gal! T-T
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon May 15, 2017 3:42 pm

You could always be proto-Agricorps. The person the Agricorps will one day based one.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Someone who was made a "Jedi" because they weren't technically failing and no one had any idea what to do with them?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon May 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:They can take your fists xD? There're also blast gauntlets, where you essentially punch a blaster bolt into them. You take a strain each time you land a blow though.

Is that is only one of the books? Edge only has brass knuckles and shock gauntlets.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm just gonna hunt weird things with my Force powers and let Jedi and Sith look at me strange.
Last edited by Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Tonbo Misa wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:They can take your fists xD? There're also blast gauntlets, where you essentially punch a blaster bolt into them. You take a strain each time you land a blow though.

Is that is only one of the books? Edge only has brass knuckles and shock gauntlets.

It's in one of the splatbooks, which one I don't remember. Since you only have EotE, I can just send you the stats for you to use. Last I remember, it gives +4 to damage and a successful hit deals 1 strain to the wielder.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Anyways, I'll post my preview now; my summer session for my master's degree is finally starting! And in that light, I'll go with someone educated, while also back-filling...

May I present Professor (?)

Kyr'ad Kelborn

Kyr'ad.png
Kyr'ad.png (77.27 KiB) Viewed 3097 times

Anyone fluent in Mando'a would find the man's name ("corpse") to be strange. In response to inquiry, he would tell the account of how, as an adolescent, he was slated for an early grave due to perceived incompetence. He proved them wrong by rising through the ranks until he became head of Clan Kelborn. Nowadays the name may hold more bearing than he would like to admit. His age and his sustained injuries have left him a shallow reminder of his glory days. However, he still offers experience and wisdom to anyone who would hear him out.

Though he has stated he will make no move against Corso Fett, he has advised the aspirant Mandalore to not forget what drove the Clans apart to begin with. The fact that he has not disavowed the idea of any Crusade occurring has led to much speculation on his loyalties.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon May 15, 2017 4:19 pm

That would be appreciated. :)
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Tonbo Misa wrote:That would be appreciated. :)

It was too big to upload on here so I sent it to you over Discord. Lemme know if you want it sent over another medium. For references sake, they can be found on Page 48 of Dangerous Covenants, the Hired Gun splatbook.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon May 15, 2017 4:27 pm

So, we can use things from the splat books, just not the classes?

Also, how would the Jedi Council react to a force sensitive individual who would quickly fall to the Dark Side if she realized her powers? Asking for a friend......

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Mon May 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Ide Samai wrote:Someone who was made a "Jedi" because they weren't technically failing and no one had any idea what to do with them?

Not having any idea what to do with them doesn't make sense. There have always been trials to become a Jedi knight, and there have always been people who failed, or are never deemed worthy to face the trials.

It's not a new problem, so there must be some plan in place.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:So, we can use things from the splat books, just not the classes?

Not automatically, but you can ask the GMs (that's how it has worked before).
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat