[D10 LE, open] Serious Moonlight

Re: [D10 LE, open] Serious Moonlight

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 12:14 am

"Not bathtubs, per say," she giggled. "In lieu of bathtubs I would be more than happy to accept a substitution in form of a hot spring or even a clear water river, if I must. Is that still too much to ask? Much like the shrines, temples and other buildings, I'm sure that it'll be a part of your list of projects now that you have a place to call home. I'm quite sure that soaking in a bath will have your kin prioritizing that project. I'll have you know, the best baths are found in the Scorpion lands."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:13 am

"Oh, well, rivers." Puffing carefully on her freshly lit pipe, Saksaha shrugs. "Swimming in rivers is all very well in high summer. I used to like it very much. But when the season has turned, I want a hot kettle and a cloth inside my tent much more than ten rivers." She pauses for another drag and then adds, on a faint breath of pale smoke, "Still, I will like to try your baths some time. When I have gone to be married to a man from another Clan, such things will be common, I guess."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Hotaru smirked on that note, "Well, the seasonal rivers, then! I'm sure the days here have been pleasant enough that a bit of water, even if chilly, could have a world of difference. I suppose you do have that experience to look forward to, among many things. We are kin, but there's a world of difference when you add buildings into the equation. Have you even considered shopping for wares, rather than trading for them?" And from gaijin, too.

Edit: Whoops. She meant trading.
Last edited by Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 am

"What is the difference?" Saksaha asks, looking quizzical behind her pipe with its thin wisps of smoke. "Trade sheep, trade foreign silver coins, trade the koku of this empire, it is all one sort of thing. And the Ide, at least, are good at all of this. But we have few markets yet in these new lands of ours. There will be good chances for some merchants here soon, I think."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 12:45 am

"Perhaps not much...but it sure beats carrying a trail of animals with you or milking your goods out before exchanging them." She said with a cautious note regarding sheep, remember her experience. "However, that's something you and our merchants can explore in their own time. What I'm wondering, is if there will be a way to potentially purchase a few thing from the Unicorn soon. Your beads are very pretty, I have to admit!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 10, 2017 1:50 am

Saksaha grins. "I think this will happen also. There are many things we must trade for before we are settled well here, and we have things you have not seen to trade in return. Like Moto clothing." With the stem of her pipe held loosely in her right hand, her left comes up and she twirls a strand of those beads around a fingertip. "These come from my grandmother, but the pattern is common. Maybe you will set a new fashion among your people." She giggles.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 9:20 pm

"From your grandmother?" She murmured curiously as she gave another look at the beads. Wearing heirlooms weren't uncommon in Rokugan but jewellery and trinkets fare better than kimono and other silks. Beads easily could lend themselves to the former's longevity.

"Me?" She blinked twice on that curious thought and she combed through the long strands of her hair curiously in thought, wondering how she would look in them. "Maybe that could be possible. But! How do you go about putting them on, first? Do you have to braid your hair, or can you keep it straight?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 am

"Men and women of my line do not wear our hair loose outside," Saksaha says quite seriously. "To do this invites the plains wind to blow our luck away. This our ancestors knew." She eyes Hotaru's long locks--conspicuously breaking this rule--and concedes, "Maybe this is different here, where the air is full of kami. But I think it will not show well anyway unless you make one or two braids, or a knot. If the beads tangle in your hair it is... well." She winces.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 12, 2017 1:05 am

"Oh..." she narrowed her eyes on that bit of superstition and filed it away for later use. The Scorpion Clan did have a strange reverence for superstition, sometimes.

She winced slightly as well at the thought of her hair getting tangled and concurred with her. Curiously, she combed through her hair to find the bit of red that added some colour to her dark tresses, vaguely meant to represent the red string of fate on her person. "I think I could think of at least once place to start on a braid," she brought up with a curious glance at Saksaha.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 12, 2017 3:32 am

In the dark, Saksaha can only somewhat make out the color, but her vision by bright moonlight is just a little better than most people's these days. "You should have red beads then, carnelian, with gold or silver," she suggests with a small smile. "It grows this way?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 pm

"That sounds like a pretty good suggestion, Iuchi-san!" She said with bob of her head in approval. "It's even more pitiful that you don't have a market around here, even for trading. I don't suppose that your kin would have been interested in a netsuke of the Fortunes or a hairpin?"

She smirked at the question and shook her head. While she was extraordinary for her ability in clairvoyance, she wasn't special in that way. "Oh, no! That's something done with a little red dye and tons of combing to keep it all straightened."

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to The Dueling Fields