Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am

Alright, I ordered one of the rule books (Age of Rebellion, since I like the idea of a Republic diplomat or spy). We'll see if I can figure it out!
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 am

I am a SW fan, been playing Saga with friends lately. I do know the FFG system.

My question might require a lenghty answer but here goes: How do you convert this to a PbP? I don't understand.

If I compare it to this l5r game, will Dark edge Village be Nar Shadaa and the surrounding areas be other planets? With such a big area covered how will we ever encounter other PCs?

Maybe if you link me to a previous PbP game I can see for myself.
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed May 10, 2017 11:57 am

It works quite well actually. And Dapper has things in place for movement between systems.

Here's the old forum.

http://korriban.fallenash.com/index.php
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed May 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:I am a SW fan, been playing Saga with friends lately. I do know the FFG system.

My question might require a lenghty answer but here goes: How do you convert this to a PbP? I don't understand.

If I compare it to this l5r game, will Dark edge Village be Nar Shadaa and the surrounding areas be other planets? With such a big area covered how will we ever encounter other PCs?

Because in Star Wars, interesting people always bump into eachother, no matter how big the planets or the galaxy is. :lol:
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Akodo Runno on Wed May 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Seppun Aramoro wrote:I am a SW fan, been playing Saga with friends lately. I do know the FFG system.

Because in Star Wars, interesting people always bump into eachother, no matter how big the planets or the galaxy is. :lol:

Well its the will of the Force!

SW version of a Wizard did it. =D
Lion Clan • Samurai • Tactician
Status: 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor: Exceptional • Courtship: 2
Carries: Things
Akodo Runno

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed May 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Is Havoc Squad a thing yet in this timeline?
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 10, 2017 3:24 pm

If we gained a ship from our mentor in the previous game do we still end up with the +5 obligation for a total of 10, or is that treated differently?

Can Lightsaber be used in place of melee in Huttball, or are Lightsabers (perhaps wisely) banned?
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:If we gained a ship from our mentor in the previous game do we still end up with the +5 obligation for a total of 10, or is that treated differently?

Can Lightsaber be used in place of melee in Huttball, or are Lightsabers (perhaps wisely) banned?

If you have a ship already you do not need to add more Obligation.

Just not a common weapon for players. Not so much banned just not supported.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Is Havoc Squad a thing yet in this timeline?

In some form yes, Havoc Squad is kicking around.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 10, 2017 3:42 pm

That is a good question mostly the setting is going to be much larger than the last game, each forum is really massive district or quarter but still players will be encouraged to meet, join other threads and hopefully go on adventures together. There ill be moving plots that should hopefully entice multiple people to work together.

Players will have a large sandbox to work in but the majority of the action takes place in Y'toub space where Nar Shaddaa is, and specifically the Smuggler's Moon with Nal Hutta as a secondary location. Star Wars despite the vast size seems to have people constantly running into each other no matter how improbable.

My goal will be to encourage players to play together and like any other game people like to meet, talk and do interesting things just with a larger tapestry. This setting is large but I am hoping to give incentives for people to come together... be it to talk politics, discuss the next shady deal, or try to do some Huttball.

It worked well last game and I think will be even more fun this time with all the varying factions and stories.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Force Sensitives

After some consideration and thought and clarification of the rules this is the final word on being a Force Sensitive. There is only way to start with Force Sensitivity, this is by beginning with a specialization in Force and Destiny, there is a secondary way by choosing a profession from Edge of the Empire or Age of Rebellion and then spending XP to gain the Force Emergent or Force Exile universal specialization. You can only gain Force Rating from the universal specializations if you did not have Force Rating before hand. This is the only way to gain Force Rating in play if you did not start with a Force and Destiny class. Gaining a Force and Destiny specialization does not give you Force Rating, you have to gain Force Emergent or Force Exile if you decide to become Force Sensitive.

So in short, if you want to be Force Sensitive start as a Force and Destiny profession or take the Force Emergent or Force Exile Universal Specialization. Once you have a Force Rating, the only way to gain more is to either suck souls like Zash, and she isn't sharing, or gain the Force Rating talent through advancement.

Taking Both universal Force specializations will only net you 1 Force rating if you did not have Force before and 3 in total if you get all the Force Rating talents. This better reflects the spirit of the setting and eases my sanity.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Wed May 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Tagging for attention.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Ide Samai on Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm

*makes notes of Havoc squad stuff for plan B*

Any idea how Destiny will be solved this time around? 1 pool for all players again?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed May 10, 2017 5:24 pm

So, being all excited for Huttball (who isn't?!?!), I was wondering:

How will Force Powers work in Huttball? Add Force-die to suitable skill-rolls? Gain Boosts?
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Akodo Runno on Wed May 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:So, being all excited for Huttball (who isn't?!?!), I was wondering:

How will Force Powers work in Huttball? Add Force-die to suitable skill-rolls? Gain Boosts?

Only if I can put money on it.

Then bribe one side to take a fall or at least figure out which side the Hutt's bribed to take a fall :p
Lion Clan • Samurai • Tactician
Status: 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor: Exceptional • Courtship: 2
Carries: Things
Akodo Runno

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat