(Day 9, EA) Fusing My Religion (Expecting)

Re: (Day 9, EA) Fusing My Religion (Expecting)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 2:18 pm

"Someone of great passion and spirit," she nodded in approval with an encouraging smile. "There's no harm in voicing your prayer out loud, it might even earn the attention of the Fortunes and they do favour the bold! As you've shown yourself to be. Hopefully, the shall heed your call. Asako Yuki-san has shown herself to be a good and capable person. She volunteers around here too, you know."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm

It doesn't surprise him that Yuki is helping around here. He smiles cheerfully at Hotaru who's just given him more confidence that Benten-kami will hear his plea. ""We're both trying to earn the favour of Fortunes for us to be together. She's more diligent than Butaj, and knows what to do better."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Hotaru chuckled and looked upwards at Butaj. "Well...it's tough to do better than another when earning their favour. I'm sure you two can share the responsibility of that role. At the very least, I hope I've given you a leg up on praying at the shrine? Everything I've shown you also go for other shrines too! I'm sure there will be plenty others like this one in the future! You can also consider visiting others."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 08, 2017 9:20 pm

"Butaj is grateful to Bayushi Hotaru." He smiles friendlily. "He'd like to proceed to other shrines now, to the one about marriage."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 10:41 pm

"Right this way!" She gestured down the row of shrines. It seemed only right that she should stick around and guide the Moto around. If he was as clueless as he claimed to be, she couldn't have him wandering about and accidentally praying to the Fortune of Strength for his marital arrangement wishes. That'd be awkward.

She showed the way to a statue of what seemed to be a nondescript woman in a kimono. However, what was extraordinary about her was that she wore an obi with a rather intricate bow in the back, to symbolize her association with tying things together. "This is Musubi-no-kami, the Fortune of Marriage. Despite her domain, you may be surprised that she's more prized with bureaucrats and parents than samurai who prefer another...Marriage is a complicated process and sometimes prayers are needed to ensure that they go smoothly. It would be horrible if you were prevented from meeting your love before someone missed counting the assets exchanged in the process, ne?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 pm

"Counting the assets? What does it mean?" Having his mind firmly entrenched in 'abduct who you love' paradigm Butaj is not getting what she's telling him.

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 12:30 am

"It's likely that a nakado will better explain things...I'm just a miko who assists in doing weddings, did I mention that? And soon, I'll be the one getting married." She raised a finger to point something out. "However! I can answer that question as best as I can. Sometimes when spouses are exchanged in marriage, lords or parents have to exchange goods in order to balance out the fact that a samurai is leaving one clan and going to another. This is done to balance out the fact that one Clan is lousy a loyal servant but gaining goods that will aid in keeping the remaining servants. The other clan receives the other samurai and grows larger because of it. So...during all of that, Musubi-no-kami's blessing is important.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 am

Butaj frowns. What she says brings to him the recollection of Senpet slave auctions. Here it looks like neatly wrapped in culture and religion and so appearing as fair. But people are still treated like livestock. That Butaj finds revolting. He looks at the altar to Musubi-no-Kami with suspicion but kneels anyway and brings his hands together like Hotaru has taught him.

"Musubi-no-Kami, Butaj has a plea. Please let the Unicorn and the Phoenix see great value his match with Yuki will have. Many good things will happen from our union for both Clans, Butaj is quite sure of it, and he'll strive to do so. Please, give us a chance."

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Hotaru didn't join him in praying here but she did curiously observe his offerings to the Fortune of Marriage, which was easily the less joyful of the Fortunes after she explained her purpose. Perhaps the custom of arrangement was new to the Unicorn but it seemed Butaj under the purpose.

She offered him an encouraging smile at Moto afterwards. "I think you'll have no trouble having any of the Clans see value in matches made here. That is indeed part of the reason why our lords have decided to send us here. However, I suppose it is right to wish for the Phoenix Clan's blessings, ne?"

"Now...who was next on your list..." She murmured as she looked around.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 pm

It was her advice who, so he's a bit puzzled, but maybe it is some kind of a test, so he focuses in good fath. "....Hotei-kami?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm

He was right in that regard and Hotaru's face lit up at the mention of the Fortune. "Ah, my apologies, Moto-san! I should have remembered, especially being so devoted to him. A thousand pardons, Hotei-no-kami! Anyway, this was please..."

Hotaru showed him over to a shrine where a golden statue of Hotei was found, sitting atop a large amount of wealth, which was one that she personally donated to the Shrine to set up a place for him. "This is Hotei-no-kami, the Fortune of Contentment. His indomitable spirit can never be brought down for that he is always laughing and peaceful. In fact, those who follow his example usually find themselves blessed with many friends and happiness. Just something to keep in mind! If you wish to ask for his blessing of happiness, this would be the shrine."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 am

He nods and kneels again, adding a coin to the pile.

"Hotei-no-Kami, this is Butaj. Butaj is already very happy with Yuki so he would just like this to remain so. But he would also like for this miai to end with many happy people, especially women Butaj admires, appreciates and cares for, but who he cannot marry and make happy himself like he makes and will make Yuki. May Khulun, Kitaku, Misa, Mizuki, 'Hotaru, Imane and others be happy with their spouses. May they be good lovers, partners and protectors for them, gentle when needed and fierce when needed. May there be many lovely babies from it not far from now. And may everything turn out all right because everyone deserves some happiness in their lives. I know it's a big request but Butaj thinks that this miai is important so it'd better turn out well for everybody."

After a bow to the altar he rises and looks at Hotaru, seeking approval.

"That should be good enough, right?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Hotaru did join him in prayer to the Fortune, which was perhaps for the best. She expected him to say much, as he did already plea with the other Fortunes. However, she didn't expect her name to be included in that prayer, among others. To be good lovers and babies involved. She maintained her composure but there was little to fight off that tinge of red that found its way to her cheeks.

She took a step back from him and gave a few slow nods of approval. "Yes, that sounds quite a bit! I'm honoured to have you think of me...I'm sure Hotei-no-kami will be more than happy to see to your wishes!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu May 11, 2017 2:19 am

He smirks. "Butaj hopes he's not overdone it and Hotaru actually likes the idea of an active husband and many babies. Hotaru's constitution is on the smaller side so Butaj hopes it won't be too much of a good thing if Hotei-kami chooses to listen." He looks curiously at the shrine maiden.

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Hotaru opened her mouth in a vague smile, having really no other counters for what he said, wondering if she should acknowledge the whole part about the smaller constitution. She gave a open shrug with both hands. "Welll...children are part of the plan, at least. Haha!" Oh my Kami, what the heck?!

"...Is anything else this one could do for you? I hope I was of home help, at least!"

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion