A Few Words Before We Go (D11, EA, Ameka's Yurt)

A Few Words Before We Go (D11, EA, Ameka's Yurt)

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Ameka moved around her yurt, picking things up and packing to make sure she left things as nice as she'd arrived. It was something to do while she awaited the arrival of her future husband. There were a few things to discuss before things got too far... It was only fair, and would make things a little easier for him to know ahead of time.

She was filled with determination. But her heart still beat fast in her chest with nervousness.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Re: A Few Words Before We Go (D11, EA, Ameka's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:35 pm

In a mixture of his forwardness and some modicum of respect for etiquette, he called to her from outside her yurt, using her given name. "Ameka-san. I've arrived."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

She paused and poked her head out, greeting him with a bob of her head and a smile. "I suppose we can use our given names, now, ne? Please, Monkhbaatar-san, come in. I still have my tea set out if you'd like some," she says, stepping inside the small swelling to make room for him.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Following her in, he seems happy. She's new to me, but so were the others when I first met them. We will have time.

"Ahh, yeah. Old habits and all that. I seem to be unable to break that one, and have always used given names primarily." He moves to the tea set. "Tea would be nice."

He doesn't seem nervous in the least.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm

"Ahh... Well, that's fine," she says, moving her head from side to side and causing ripples in her long, black hair. She starts setting about making tea. "I'd go through all the normal courtly small talk, but... well, it seems a little silly right at the moment. There were a few things I thought might be fair to warn you about, and one thing I just wanted to say while we are still here and around one another."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:58 pm

"Oh, I don't suspect we'll be apart too long. I plan on letting my mother know of the happenings and I'll secure permission to join you wherever your home is. Probably catch up to you on the road somewhere. I see no reason to spend overmuch time in Unicorn lands when I am not likely to be integrated into a military unit given our impending marriage."

As she works he notices the small scars on her hands.

"I suspect that my lord would consider me writing back about Crane lands will be more beneficial than hanging out in Unicorn lands. I've only recently completed my gempukku so that would probably be the best use of my time."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 6:07 pm

"Fair enough," she acknowledges as she sits down to let the tea steep. "My family doesn't live far away from Kyuden Doji... In the surrounding community. There's at least a lot to see there... hopefully a lot to tell about. I hope you'll like it."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

"As long as there's plenty of new things to see and explore, I'll be quite happy with it."

No time like the present. Should try to be comfortable, he thinks to himself before moving to sit next to her.

"So what is it you wished to tell me?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm

She smiled as she sat next to her. "First the bad news, I suppose. You probably noticed I'm a little bit pale... beyond what's normally considered fashionable. My health is... very poor. Injuries tend to be worse than for most people, and I fall ill easily. I also suffer from muscles spasms during moments of high stress." She lets out a breath. "I'm sure you can imagine what that mean for... having an heir."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 6:56 pm

"It means that if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen," he says with a soft smile. "And it means that I will do my best to care for you. Nobody is perfect. I will do what I can to make sure that you are happy and the only thing I can ask in return is patience and understanding while I learn and learn the Empire's ways."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm

"Well... It can probably happen. I just might not make it through," she shrugs a little. "I'm going to be trying to build health up a little so I can manage it. It'll be okay either way." She paused, then added. "As to that, I think you're going to the right place for it. I'm looking forward to helping, and learning from you, too."

"That actually brings me to the other thing... The good part. I think there has been enough heartbreak for ten years at just this miai." She looks toward him. "I'm going to do my best to make this marriage a very happy one for both of us. I know we don't know one another that well... but you seem very kind. I don't think it will take much work to make this a union that Benten smiles on. And there will be plenty of time for it." With that said, she pours a cup of tea and offers it toward him with a smile.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm

He accepts the cup with a nod. "Thank you."

Pausing for a moment after he takes a sip he looks over at her. "That is always a danger whenever childbirth happens, though your condition does make it more dangerous for you. But I'm not about to subject you to that. We will take our time and when the priests say you are ready and you are up to it, that is when we'll try for children. Your health is far too important and any complication that arose would potentially put any sons or daughters at risk unnecessarily. If it never happens and we simply spend our years enjoying each other's company then that is more than enough for me."

He takes another sip and smiles happily at the tea.

"Though now I suppose I should bring up what I consider may be a drawback to marriage with me... I hope to eventually gain a position as a scout or cartographer to have the chance to explore the empire. I do not know how up to that you would be if such a thing happened, but I imagine a fair amount of travel in my future. I would love for you to be able to join me for that when you can."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

She fills her own cup and listens to his opinion about children, smiling more and more as she sips quietly. "I wouldn't ask for such a sacrifice from anyone... I am truly grateful for your consideration, and I feel truly fortunate that things worked out the way they did."

At the description of his ambitions, she nods. "I would consider that an advantage, personally. I would love to join you whenever I am able. I've spent so much of my life cooped up that it seems like a wonderful opportunity. I've always wanted to see more of the Empire myself. As to how up to it I would be... It's hard to predict." She shrugs. "All the more reason to continue to work to improve my health. I do know I've been feeling better out here in the fresh air than usual, so it might do me good to accompany you."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 8:38 pm

"In the interests of making it more feasible and safer, I will learn about medicine and health concerns. I would love to have a companion while traveling. Even better if that companion is my wife I think." He takes another sip before setting his cup down and turning a bit to face her. "I didn't know fully what to expect when you said my name, but I believe that this will work out better than good." He gently takes her hands while they're wrapped around her own cup. "We may not have gotten to know each other before now, but I look forward to doing so in the future. Very much looking forward to it."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 9:23 pm

She only disengages a hand briefly to set her teacup down and turn slightly so that she could look at him fully, putting her other hand over his. Their knees rested against one another and she brings her Crane-blue eyes up to meet his with a warm smile. "I will make sure I am prepared, too... I wasn't sure, myself, but... I agree. I think that this is a case where our duty can be a joy, as well. And we'll have all the time we wish for getting to know one another... No worrying about other people or how it will all shake out. At least for my part, I am glad I waited." She smiled.

Doji Ameka

Next

Return to Northern Yurts