[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"Regrettably this apple has already travelled far, coming from the trees of the Kitsune Mori, all the way here to Dark Edge Village. Asahi brought it for the horse that most impressed him during the stay. If you do not accept it, it shall surely go bad as he will not allow it to be given to any other," Takeo insisted a second time.

"While I am certain Gekko-kun would love this apple, I have to deny taking the precious gift to him, since it would sadden the warhorse so very much not to be able to see his fox friend."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"While I am certain Gekko-kun would love this apple, I have to deny taking the precious gift to him, since it would sadden the warhorse so very much not to be able to see his fox friend."

"If I return to Asahi with this apple, it will be a dereliction of my duty. He will never trust me again and our years of friendship will be tainted by my failure. Please Otaku-sama, accept this on behalf of Gekko-san that Asahi will continue to have faith in me," he offered a third time, his eyes smiling as he did so.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Kitakuhime tucks the fan inside her obi and extends both hands to fetch the fruit from Takeo.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 3:29 pm

After he hands over the apple Takeo stepped slightly back, widening his address and speaking to both.

"Again, I must congratulate the two of you on your pending nuptials. I should take my leave that and allow the two of you to become better acquainted. I will ensure that Ide Amaya-san and I invite the two of you to our own wedding once the arrangements have been made. Until then, I would offer a few parting words - they are words that have given the Fox strength through many difficult times - words that we have built our clan around. I hope that when the two of you find yourself faced with adversity, they may inspire you as they have inspired me," he said with a bow to the couple.

As he rose, he spoke, "Fall seven times," he started, and cut his ey s to Kitakuhime before finishing, "Stand up eight."

He bowed again and would move to leave if not stopped.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 08, 2017 3:51 pm

"Carry the Fortunes," Yawarakai intoned reflexively and bowed before he suddenly spoke up again.

"Kitsune-san? I would like us to be friends, even if circumstances seemingly conspire to impede such a thing."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Aramoro returns the nod to Tenzo, a farewell as well as a congratulation.

Ide Samai wrote:Samai smiled politely and started making her way to her... paramour? While she was walking there seemed to have been a commotion... like everyday at the miai. Her dutiful part wanted to go there and separate everyone and make nice, but... this was also her Duty. Her clan can wait. It had her attention during the miai. A few moments alone with her betrothed will not change that.

"Seppun-san." Bowing deeper than needed, she expressed gratitude. "The day has come, no?"

He returned the deep bow, then looked at her directly in the eyes, that was unlike him. "So it has, and was worth the wait." He looks around at all the sad faces and broken hearts. "I am a lucky man to have been able to choose a bride like you. Although I do not know you well, considering the short time we had, I am certain that you fit what I would want in a wife in every aspect. I look forward to this lifetime."
Last edited by Seppun Aramoro on Mon May 08, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Having finally been given the nod, Nonin steps forward, feeling as if all eyes are upon him but he managed the singing, he could do this. "I also wish the thank the Unicorn for hosting this wonderful and fascinating event, I was honored to attend and even more honored to be returning to the Phoenix lands with the most honorable and diligent Shinjo Liu Fei as my bride and a strong addition to the Isawa family and Phoenix Clan."

He bows deeply to his chosen and then to his hosts. And then walk over to Shinjo Liu Fei. "Blessings upon you. I hope you like snow," he says with a kind smile.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Yuuru's words shattered the Lion's hopes and dreams of a life with the woman he had fallen in love with; there were so many Unicorn brides, so many possibilities to marry and with one fell swoop the Soshi had robbed him of the one that had gifted him his heart.

The Scorpion and the Lion had become unlikely allies in the past years, the flexibility in their honor being ignored in order to better handle the Crane. He had even grown to see them as honored in their own way, worthy of being even called friends.

How could he had been so foolish.

His eyes set on the Soshi, void of any of the warmth gained during the miai, and he stared for what seemed as an opportunity before turning away.

The day would come where he'd pay his due.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Looking to Tsukimi and Kogo and gives them a nod, his name having been called, he smiles and gives them a bow. "I do hope for the best for both of you, and look forward to speaking with you further in the future. I'll be certain to write you both and will hope our paths will cross in days yet to come."

He then moves to meet the woman that picked him for the first time.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Yuki, left alone after Nonin's choice and Liu Yue choosing her cousin, manages to smile that those two seem to have at least gotten what they wanted out of this. There was some happiness here, even it if would not be hers.

She looked to the lists and saw two names that she did not recognize. Yuki turned to look at the two men and little showed on her cold face.

She didn't thank the Unicorn for putting on the miai, she couldn't, having had love pulled away from her. She simply didn't have the energy left for the games of samurai any longer.

"I will take Moto Baatar."

Her duty done, Yuki saw no further reason to be here and walked away from the ceremony.

/exit
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 pm

"I have had to deal with it in the past," she offers before bowing to the man who would become her husband. She had not thought to be calling herself Isawa Liu Fei, having little knowledge of the Family. However, she had witnessed the man attend to Shiba Kaizen the day prior. At least, at least he was not someone she felt she would grow to detest.

Still, there was much to learn in the coming days, "I will hope to not allow you to come to regret your choice, Isawa-sama," she said earnestly, bowing again.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Hirase, when chosen, smiled, though it was brief; his concern for Yuki was clear.

Still, he did not follow her; she deserved time to go to pieces alone and, besides, he had another Duty. He turned to the woman who would be his wife when the year turned, his gaze seeing hers.

"Please, if you would...introduce me to Yogo-san. I wish to make it known to her she will be welcome in our home, once it is established."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:Looking to Tsukimi and Kogo and gives them a nod, his name having been called, he smiles and gives them a bow. "I do hope for the best for both of you, and look forward to speaking with you further in the future. I'll be certain to write you both and will hope our paths will cross in days yet to come."

He then moves to meet the woman that picked him for the first time.

Ameka smiled, genuinely. In part, it was a matter of all of this finally being over and settled. The other part, though... well, there had been enough heartbreak here today. Life was too short to saddle herself with unhappiness. If she was determined to make her future marriage a good one, it was time to start now. She stepped up to meet him. "Shinjo-san..." She bowed to him. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I know we haven't met before, but... I hope meeting now marks the beginning of a time of happiness for both of us."

With that, she took out her fan from earlier in the miai, still pristine, and offered it to him.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 5:26 pm

"My good Shinjo-san, I can only see a comfortable life ahead for us," he says. "I cannot promise you a great romance to make the pillow book writers blush, but I will do everything I can to make you a place among my family. And to make that place welcoming and . . . your home."

"Let me properly, introduce myself," he says, "I am Isawa Nonin, a shugenja of the Phoenix Clan and student of the Void. And, no less importantly, soon your husband."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Monkhbaatar bowed to her, not really knowing of the game should be played in this instance. So he erred on the side of caution. His first refusal was accompanied by a pleasant smile that suggested he believed the game of refusals was expected.

"I couldn't possibly Ameka-san," he replies, with his normal forthrightness. "I have nothing to offer in return for such a lovely gesture."

And it was true, because he wasn't about to offer her one of the fans he received from Kogo or Tsukimi and didn't have one of his own. That seemed a bit insulting.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center