[D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Re: [D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 7:28 pm

"Honestly, the Isawa jealously guard their mastery of magics," says Nonin almost apologetically, "but trading information, that is a more likely route. Many among the Phoenix are fascinated to learn about the magics from beyond the Empire. With care, much information could be exchanged."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 pm

"I do not suppose we could learn to cast your prayer-charms anyway," Saksaha says between bites, "except some few Iuchi who can hear the voices of these kami already. But even among yourselves, you do not share from one shugenja to another?"

Come to think of it, maybe if she could spend some time comparing a good number of those shugenja prayers she might after all start to figure out their relationship to the methods of meishodo--they do seem to produce similar effects. But she doubts that just picking up one and reading off it would do her any more good than it would Fiyanggu.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun May 07, 2017 8:30 pm

"Each clan has their secrets and a way to conjure the kami. The Isawa are best at this conjuring. We are founded by one of set family." Asakiko gingerly finished the dumpling and took a rice ball. "Many years ago."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 08, 2017 3:41 pm

"In the days before Ide-shiryo rode away with Shinjo-no-kami, it is said that nearly all priests who worked the shugenja magic learned from Isawa," Saksaha says, after another sip of kumis. "Now you are all quite separate from one another, though your magic works the same ways? How do you spread new learning, then? What can you share and not share?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

"Universally helpful magic, such as the water blessing that heals or the earth prayer that strikes down the servants of the Dark are widely shared," says Nonin. "But many are thought of as more . . . belonging to one clan or another. If Moshi-san knows prayers that call upon Amaterasu-no-Kami's blessing, she would be unlike to share them except with others who are equally devout in their worship of Lady Sun."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 pm

"Different clans are attuned to different elements. The Dragon for example they are mostly attuned to fire and earth. The Crane are more air, the Crab to the earth. So we function with what we are attuned and thus the different methods to talk to them and now you bring a new. To each clan has their secrets as Isawa sama has said. " We took a bite of her rice ball.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts