[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 08, 2017 9:49 am

Yuuru looked around. He knew the rankings and what was leftover. The two choice were good enough; which one he got was no longer his choice.

"Hopefully my wife has some understanding of Duty... unlike so many of these foolish children. It's as if I was watching some satirical play of what a horse miai in Unicorn lands would look like put on by some cynical Shosuro's acting troupe."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 11:29 am

His unpleasant task done, Takeo looked around for Kitakuhime and found her...standing by Yawarakai's side.

He bowed to Kitakuhime first, and then to Yawarakai, as he arrived.

"Shosuro-san," he began, "You have found an astute match. I am certain that the honor of the Otaku will provide a shining beacon for the Scorpion to turn to for, how did you put it, 'the betterment of all?'"

He wore a pleasant smile on his face, but his eyes told a different story.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

Nonin stood beside Yuki, being supportive and waiting for his chance to choose.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 am

So far Ryori and Kyra have remained near the back of the room trying to avoid the drama. He knew he had little to do with this ceremony, not having earned a single point in the last two weeks. His families wealth being the only reason he was still in the running at all. He also knew he hadn't impressed any of the Unicorn Samurai-ko enough to make him stand out. Still one remains to see things through to the end.

Ryori watched with a small twinge of Sadness as the Togashi made his pick, and pride as a Matsu was choosen amongst the first. He nodded expectantly at Imane's choice. He winced at the Unicorn princess being choosen for the Scorpion, and at the choices of Hotaru and the Tonbo, as well as the drama surrounding the Seppun and Amaya. In some ways it was better not to have a chance.

He lookes worriedly toward Khulun, and his two remaining Matsu cousins as the tension seemed to grow thicker and he realized none of the remaining lion would be choosen or get to choose. Only thing left was to see what happened with the Moto princess he met the first night. She was the last of those he cared about present who could even still be matched. That and to figure out what his own fate would be afterwards.

Yurru's comments though gets a dark frown though and a low growl from his sister as she senses his mood Ryori changes from his relaxed patient stance to a more battle ready one. "Please Soshi-san the ways of our hosts should not be mocked, they have been very polite and gracious"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 am

Yuuru turning to the random commentator from the side merely raised an eyebrow and chuckled once through his nose.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm having a private conversation with a friend. Thank you very much Shimizu-san." He bowed his head once and turned away from the nosy Lion.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Takashi's solemnity is easily penetrated by a growl that he's learned well over the days camped here. He calmly but purposefully walks toward Ryori and Kyra. He holds out a hand for Kyra to sniff while looking pointedly at Ryori. Takashi's trying to catch his eye, show a raised eyebrow of inquisition, but the Kitsu speaks no words yet.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote:Yawarakai takes the brittle piece of wood and paper with a smile and slips it into his obi with a bow. From his own, he produces a fan she had seen once before. A painted fan from the painted governor.

Kitakuhime bows, and takes the fan with both her hands. She lowers her arms, and maintains the item closed in front of her.

Kitsune Takeo wrote:...And the honor of the Otaku," his eyes flicked, ever so briefly, to Kitakuhime.

The recently betrothed princess can't help but to look at Takeo briefly. She blinks, and her eyes return to face the item in her hands. Her face remains placid, maintaining a thin, bland smile.

Kitsune Takeo wrote:His unpleasant task done, Takeo looked around for Kitakuhime and found her...standing by Yawarakai's side.

He bowed to Kitakuhime first, and then to Yawarakai, as he arrived...

Kitakuhime bows in returns, but stays silent. Yawarakai was addressed, not her.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:His unpleasant task done, Takeo looked around for Kitakuhime and found her...standing by Yawarakai's side.

He bowed to Kitakuhime first, and then to Yawarakai, as he arrived.

"Shosuro-san," he began, "You have found an astute match. I am certain that the honor of the Otaku will provide a shining beacon for the Scorpion to turn to for, how did you put it, 'the betterment of all?'"

He wore a pleasant smile on his face, but his eyes told a different story.

"There is honor on both sides Kitsune-san," Yawarakai answered, bowing to the Fox, "and more than enough knowledge and history for the interchange to be quite remarkable I believe. I look forward to taking the next step in this endeavor, as I said, for the betterment of all. That is why we do what we do. And so we must, neh?"

The consistently warm smile at his lips never flickered once.

"What awaits you after this business is concluded Kitsune-san? Perhaps you'd like to come and visit? You would be a welcome and honored guest in our home."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Tomonaga's expression had gone from cheerfully blank to just blank as other couples, or it seemed former couples, had their futures suddenly torn apart. Or so it seemed from watching them. Some he recognized from the Moto singing event.
It seemed that the heartbreak he expected in the aftermath of that came after all, just delayed a few days. Tomonaga averted his eyes, as much to protect himself as to avoid shaming them more. After all, a good merchant knew what people wanted. Even if it was something that they could never, ever, have.

Finally, the moment he was waiting for came. Tomonaga's face remained impassive, although those next to him could see his white knuckles, his fists tightly clenched. Until he heard his name.

This was public. Tomonaga could conceal his emotion. For a moment, he closes his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips. When he opened his eyes again, he wore a socially acceptable pleased expression. The light in his brown eyes, though, was all his own.

He made the way through the crowd to his intended.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 pm

The lion looks darkly at the Scorpion as he is dismissed, but as the Kitsu catches his eye he seems to visibly calm himself, taking a step back before turning, without apology or further comment, back to his clanmmates.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote:
"There is honor on both sides Kitsune-san," Yawarakai answered, bowing to the Fox, "and more than enough knowledge and history for the interchange to be quite remarkable I believe. I look forward to taking the next step in this endeavor, as I said, for the betterment of all. That is why we do what we do. And so we must, neh?"

The consistently warm smile at his lips never flickered once.

"What awaits you after this business is concluded Kitsune-san? Perhaps you'd like to come and visit? You would be a welcome and honored guest in our home."

"An honor I would be happy to accept, Shosuro-san, though I know not where my next duties will take me. I imagine the next few months will determine where I shall Winter. Now that I have attained my gempukku, I expect I will be out and about among the Empire, rather than at home, " he replied.

"Please know that you and Otaku-sama are more than welcome in Kyuden Kitsune as well. Our homes are so close to one another, it would be a shame not to keep our friendship alive with frequent visits. And I am certain that Gekko-san would enjoy the forest and a chance to reunite with Asahi, don't you think, Otaku-sama?"
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 08, 2017 1:31 pm

I see the Shimizu is still as smart as a rock, Tomoe sighed, ignoring Ryori, but she did give a respectful nod to Takashi.

Her turn was coming up soon... just one last obstacle before her. She nervously turned her fan in her hand.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"Please know that you and Otaku-sama are more than welcome in Kyuden Kitsune as well. Our homes are so close to one another, it would be a shame not to keep our friendship alive with frequent visits. And I am certain that Gekko-san would enjoy the forest and a chance to reunite with Asahi, don't you think, Otaku-sama?"

Kitakuhime holds on to her façade as honor demands. She nods, completing Takeo's question with a doubt of her own, "I am sure Gekko-kun would love to reunite with his most astute rival and dear friend. I am unsure, though, that I'll be riding much after I join my new family."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Yawarakai turned to Kitakuhime with a slightly concerned look.

"Why would that be? I thought you'd quite enjoy the chance to ride new lands?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm

"An Otaku marrying outside our family is unprecedented. Our daymio and Champion have to instruct how this will be handled, and if any of the Blessed Herd will join the Scorpion with me." She winces a bit, still looking down.

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center