[Day 9, LE] Watch Over Us

Re: [Day 9, LE] Watch Over Us

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 pm

"All things can be learned by somebody, but not all by the same person," says the practical Saksaha, with a shrug that rustles her clothing and faintly rattles her beads. "I am interested in you Dragon, though. I have been so ever since you reached to us while we were in darkness."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Misa smiled brighter at that. "And I the Unicorn... though my family have only joined the Dragon in the past few years. It's in part why I wouldn't say I can speak on typical behavior. Even if I trained among them."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 pm

"Oh. I am not sure I knew this." Did she know this? "Wait, maybe Usagi Tomoe-san did mention this tale. But I did not realize she meant it was so recent. This must have been difficult for you?"

Saksaha's tone is sympathetic but also a little lost-at-sea. Minor Clans are something of a new concept for her, so she can't quite get her head around what it might mean to have had one and then joined a Great Clan. Is it a promotion, or what? But Tomoe had mentioned 'hardships,' anyway, so some unpleasantness seems a safe guess.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Misa gave a slight nod, but didn't lose her soft smile. "You could say such, yes. It would take a while to properly explain the full situation, if you knew nothing of it, but my role is to help move my family into the future as a part of the Dragon... to let those difficulties be a thing of the past."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 7:36 pm

"So, this is not so different from us, then. Once small and separate, now part of something big again."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 pm

"An apt way to put it, yes." Misa's smile warmed and widened. "My family and your clan could learn much from each other."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 8:06 pm

"Well, it is good that you come here, then," Saksaha says decisively. "Others come saying they want to help us 'adapt,' to make us 'fit in.' Or they talk of 'borders' and 'alliances' to we who have never had any borders, and always sought friendship with everyone of good will. But I like best you people who come to learn together with us.

"The ones like you... or Udo-san."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 8:15 pm

"It isn't the borders that define us, nor the things we have in common. It is our differences, something that some samurai have a difficult time accepting." Misa gave Saksaha a bow. "If you should ever find yourself in Dragon lands with the freedom to travel, please stop by Kyuden Tonbo. I would be honored to show you what little we have, and I'm certain we could help you learn more."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm

"I would like this."

Saksaha starts to put out a hand to shake on it, but when Misa doesn't react--obviously, she can't see the gesture!--Saksaha remembers she's not supposed to do that with Rokugani anyway. So she also bows, which Misa can't see any more than she could see the offered handshake... but maybe she'll interpret the sound of movement. Plus, the silent Sanmi is still watching.

"We also are used to not having many things around us. For us it is because we keep and value only what we can travel with, but maybe it ends the same way."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 pm

The servant girl leaned in to whisper to Misa. The Tonbo looked a bit curious at the words, but as Sanmi leaned back she smiled and held out a hand. "For us it is because of our past, as well as our present. Which is good; I am not certain we could properly put you up in a fancier room if you had extravagant tastes."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Saksaha raises her eyebrows--again, visible only to Sanmi--and clasps Misa's hand firmly with her own small warm one. "If it is really needed, I am used to sleeping in tents," she says with a laugh. "Now we have taken hands as friends. Wherever I go, I think you will be welcome also. Whether it is the Iuchi camps, or... well, wherever else."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 10:33 pm

She gave a faint smirk at that, shaking hands back before they both let go. "I'm not certain that would be necessarily true, though there are few Lion men present at this miai I believe. Still, I thank you for your kind offer, arigato."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 08, 2017 9:16 pm

"I do not think any of these Lion will choose me." Well, there was Yurio... but she doesn't really believe he's serious. Besides, he isn't ranked highly enough; someone else will certainly snatch her first. Saksaha shrugs. "Anyway, whatever enmity you have with their tribe, any husband who would turn away my friends would not share my bed for long. The children of my people are raised to know the value of guest-rights."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon May 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Misa gave a good hearted laugh and a soft, warm smile. "I am certain whomever marries you, you will make certain your children are raised right."

A moment later Sanmi approached and whispered something to Misa, who nodded and gave a bow toward Saksaha. "I've been informed your family is starting to gather for their contest. I should go so I can feel prepared. Carry the Fortunes of Rokugan with you Iuchi-san."

She turned, making her way out of the shrine.

/exit

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 pm

"Travel safely, Tonbo-sama," Saksaha says, and bows. She probably isn't just talking about the journey out to the fields.

Saksaha herself stays at the shrine a little longer, contemplating the darkening sky, before heading off toward the stable. No sense walking to the ritual when she could ride, after all.

/scene

Iuchi Saksaha

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion