[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 3:34 pm

The imperial straightens his kimono in a rigid manner and walks to the middle, back straight, head held proud. He bows appropriately to the organisers and his fellow samurai. He does not look for those peculiar pair of eyes.

"I, Seppun Aramoro, would be honoured if this one will be excepted into the Ide-family of the brave Unicorn clan by offering himself as a husband to the most eloquent rose, Ide Samai."

He waits for her and their nod in acceptance, then moves over to Samai with a sincere smile.
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Sun May 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Takashi seems to have applied a stony impassivity on the day of reckoning. A slightly s shiney for kimono and carefully tied ponytail of hair make him look as elegant as he has at any time during the miai.

The impassivity turns out to be short lived, as he smiles widely at the recognition of his clansman Yurio. The smile is strained by the apparent lovers departing, but it holds as he shakes his head sadly. I knew there'd be at least one such couple...

(PM if you care to chat, now that the jolly Kitsu is smiling again.)
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Tomonaga had remained cheerfully blank for a number of the picks, but the last one drew a flicker of his eyes, and perhaps the slightest of smiles. It was hard to tell, really.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun May 07, 2017 4:10 pm

After a bit, the Shinjo moved to stand near Kogo, Tomoe, and Tsukimi. "Good morning ladies," he says with a warm smile.

"It seems there are so many going before me that I am unlikely to make a selection. So while I a bit relieved I probably won't be forced to choose between such wonderful women, I'm also a bit curious as to how things will play out. I did want you all to know that I wish you all happiness no matter how things turn out." He offers them a respectful bow.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun May 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Her heart fell, but she kept up her On.
"Thank you, Shinjo-san. I wish you many wonderful travels, when we leave Dark Edge Valley, and if we are lucky, may we meet up again somewhere along the way."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Kitakuhime snaps the fan close along with her eyes. She holds the item down with both hands to gain leverage and control the the mild –– and yet imperceptible –– shaking that recently assaulted her.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Butaj can't help pacing a little back and forth, and sideways.

(If you want to include Butaj in your chatting, assume he just drew near and PM me!)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun May 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:Her heart fell, but she kept up her On.
"Thank you, Shinjo-san. I wish you many wonderful travels, when we leave Dark Edge Valley, and if we are lucky, may we meet up again somewhere along the way."

"It's not over until it's over, but what I do know is that you will make some fortunate husband very happy, whether it is here today or elsewhere in the future. I've been fortunate to get to know you and hope to spend time with you in the future. At the very least you have made a friend in me here at the miai," he says offering a smile.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Saksaha is present for the ceremony in her full beaded-and-ribboned regalia. Her eyes widen a bit as the five Otaku charge in and seize their prizes--especially because one of them is Yogo Yuichi, of all people; the other choices are a bit more comprehensible--but Otaku are Otaku, after all. More than condemning the unexpected upset, she rather wishes she'd been offered the option of doing the same...

... and then she herself is the very next one to be picked, and a happy smile lights her brown eyes and turns up the corners of her lips as she looks across the space at Udo. Well! This is a good conclusion. And a good start to the next adventure.

((...wanted this to show up in "view your posts," at the least! ;) ))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:After a bit, the Shinjo moved to stand near Kogo, Tomoe, and Tsukimi. "Good morning ladies," he says with a warm smile.

"It seems there are so many going before me that I am unlikely to make a selection. So while I a bit relieved I probably won't be forced to choose between such wonderful women, I'm also a bit curious as to how things will play out. I did want you all to know that I wish you all happiness no matter how things turn out." He offers them a respectful bow.

Kogo nods her head, having expected this for some time after the conversations they have had. "I wish you happiness as well Shinjo-san, in whoever chooses you to share their life. And I will hope to see your face and have a conversation with you again sometime. And perhaps we could finally read Leadership together." She says with a smile. It is more authentic than previous ones, though there is still a slight strain to it.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun May 07, 2017 6:41 pm

As the top finishers made their choices, next on the list, and the first one to which Tenzo paid particularly close attention, was Seppun Aramoro. Once his Imperial cousin announced his choice of Ide Samai before the crowd, the Otomo wondered: had all of his cousins expressed interest in marrying out into the Unicorn rather than bringing one into the fold? At that, he could not recall, at least not from their meeting more than a week ago at that point, but it also mattered not when the choice was already made: an Ide and a Unicorn his cousin would become. The Otomo watched his Seppun cousin move to join his bride in watching the proceedings and offered the man a small smile and nod of his head as he passed.

If that is what you wished, Seppun-san, a very good choice indeed he thought to himself, fan fluttering and attention turning back to the center as another dear cousin, Seppun Hitako, appeared to be next.
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Fei knew too little to care about most, however, there were at least two that had caught her eye. Ide Amaya's departure was met with a glance. Giving her about as many questions as answers. Chief among them, the answer, had the woman shaking her head in disappointment. Which was a refreshing lighter note from the glare that Hideo received as he abandoned the woman who was to be his wife, abandoning the Unicorn.

When they departed, Fei resumed her rather incredibly neutral demeanor. Waiting to see who she would become when this was all over.

[PM if approached.]
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Hitako, when next called up, looks over the crowd of those present (not including her cousin and his beloved), and then stares hard at Iuchi Dong-Ha. "I have considered hard on this question. There are pluses and minuses to any action I could take. I am, to some, the spoiler. The one little noticed until too late. And now, it is my choice."

"I could choose one that would hate me, on the off chance my duty might gain from it. But one that is assigned a duty and hates it, one that even calls into question the Seppun's duty, has no place among them. I thought of others whom I liked, and who could join amicably enough, but do not wish to part those who are blessed by Benten. I am a shugenja, and celebrate those the Fortune has blessed, so would not attempt to break them apart. Another I spent time with, but see more as a sibling, not one to marry. Therefore, I will choose the one who remains and best fits the circumstances. I will choose Shinjo Hanashi-san."

She then steps down, and moves to the side, for the next to speak.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun May 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Hanashi bows, and straightens. He barely knows enough not to embarrass anyone with an emotional display.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Butaj approaches Hanashi to shake hands with him in congratulations. No words are necessary if the man find none in such a moment.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center