Day 9 [EE] Ooooooh No They Didn't! (Expecting)

Re: Day 9 [EE] Ooooooh No They Didn't! (Expecting)

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 am

He was still smiling when he opened the fan, but looking up and seeing her face made the expression fade in sympathy.

"Although I do not wish to see you upset Unicorn-sama, I am honoured that my art moved you, much as it did me." He closes the fan slowly. "I take it something carries heavy on your heart?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 pm

She looks up at him, "Un. I've been... frustrated with recent events. Much of your words reflect to them."

Kitakuhime keeps analyzing him a bit further, curious about his eyes. "As if it were an omen of sorts... what was your inspiration, if I may ask, Seppun-san?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

His eyes widen at her question as he notices her staring at his eyes. He was taken back by her depth and how she could understand his inner iworkings so easily and instead of turning his eyes away he locks onto her gaze:

"I think you already know what inspired me, wise Otaku-sama."

He breaks the gaze and looks at the paintings again with a heavy frown: "I have this feeling that us meeting so late in this Miai, will be a fate I will carry with me in... contemplation."

or Regret? What a thing to call a Sin.
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Kitakuhime looks to the same painting as he does, following the movement. "Indeed. Events could have brought us to meet each other sooner. But such are the Fortunes, no. We cannot expect or demand their favor. Blessings come when one's worthy enough."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 1:29 pm

He continues staring at the painting: "Fortunes? Seems they curse as much as they bless, if not more?" He mentions very pessimistically if not heretically.

"Do you like the art puppeteering, Otaku-sama?" He said, the question loaded with insinuation of man and the heavens.
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Kitakuhime tilts her head a bit, and looks at his fascinating eyes. She blinks a bit trying to find proper words. "Puppet..."

The girl lowers her head apologetically, "Gomen, I am unsure I have ever seen it. My childhood was rather quick, our toys were our weapons. Could Seppun-san explain to me?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 1:46 pm

A smirk at her innocence grows across his face: "Puppeteering: When one greater being controls another lesser being to it's every whim, every movement, every fate."

He stays silent for the thought to sink in his eyes fixated on hers. "The art of the aforementioned is when the greater artist controls the lesser being, the puppet, to do what it would like the other greater beings, the audience, to see. Mostly for their amusement."

"I have no taste for it really, none at all. Perhaps you should learn more about it, to understand my distaste."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 pm

She frowns at bit, thinking inwardly, but doesn't lose eye connection. She raises a curious eyebrow. "Controlling someone simply to amuse an audience sounds cruel. But a servant should oblige to his lord nonetheless, and then honorably show a better path to be trailed. Puppets have no soul, samurai do."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Puppets have no soul, samurai do.

"Indeed lady Unicorn-sama, it would be cruel world where samurai are controlled like puppets." He confirmed what she said, hoping that she would realise.

Only now did he notice the peculiarity of her eyes, almost unnerving. Odd how they both had eyes that were dissimilar to other's. Perhaps his fading eyesight is what made her unsettling gaze one of a bearable beauty.

"Have you ever stared into the sun, Otaku-sama?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 2:25 pm

"I... have." She replies, practically hypnotized by his intriguing questions. "After the Dark Ride, Lady Amaterasu made me weep. I dared to look more than I could –– I guess only the worthy can. Our Champion, some say, was the only one capable of looking at her even when surrounded by darkness."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 2:52 pm

He raises both eyebrows at her answer, not having expected it, his eyes still fixated.

"Then you have seen Her beauty, when others can not?"

His expression joined by a smile: "So have I come to notice a beauty. Many would not not meet your gaze, for they have not the protection to do so their eyes see too clearly. My eyes have grown weak and when most things seem dark, I have noticed what others cannot bear see: the direct beauty of your eyes."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 3:11 pm

"Her beauty is the warmth she provides every day. There's no need to look. Even during the night, I am sure soon she'll be there to bless me once again, until my final day comes."

She blushes quite a bit at his compliment, staying silent for a while, blinking away. She wonders to the next painting so he wouldn't notice and both feel embarrassed. "You're too kind."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 3:26 pm

He steps closely to her as she moves to the next painting.

"Kindness is not why I say such things, my sincerity is paramount. These observations, the things I say are what occupy my thoughts."

He stares blankly at the painting and sighs

"But they are all for naught. Fate has dealt a hand I cannot play. And again I say, a shame we met so late in the Miai."

He glances at her from the side of his eyes : "You know you are very coveted Otaku-sama, I have even been approached not to view you as prospective spouse."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 3:35 pm

She tilts her head again, wondering herself, approached not to view me as spouse. The girl glances likewise, to meet eyes. "Seppun-san's sincerity and courtesy are paramount. There's no shame if your intentions are honorable. I am happy we have met, even if late."

She closes her eyes, taking a gentle deep breath before asking, "I can only hope this -approach- was genuine and proper."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm

He smiles, but more at himself than her. I am not sure I am happy we have met

"Having a great name like yourself carries a burden of unwanted attention. I will confess Unicorn-sama, I had noticed you for no other reason than to marry into a powerful family, so was my duty. Things changed during the Miai and so did my interest in you."

His eyes settled on her's again "I cared little for the intentions of the other suitor, my position in the Miai gave me preference over his to choosing you, and I used that as leverage to gain favour."

Hows that for Unicorn-honesty

"Odd, have I met you before that meeting, things might have been very different."
Seppun Aramoro

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center