GM Questions

Re: GM Questions

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun May 07, 2017 4:22 am

Will there be a picking thread - and with the forcedpicked secret loves be picked there?
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 4:26 am

Moto Butaj wrote:And were Yuki's points from D10 included?

Doesn't look like it. Probably a cascading problem since I skipped her in the D10 event.

Fixed!

Seppun Hideo wrote:Will there be a picking thread - and with the forcedpicked secret loves be picked there?

I can go set up a reaction thread, but the actual picks are taking place in the OOC thread (for the sake of ease and sanity).
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun May 07, 2017 4:41 am

Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 am

Not that it matters due to the expected Secret Love intervention, but Kitteh got missed out on A for Effort!
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 07, 2017 12:27 pm

For planning purposes...

When we get down to those PCs who got points but not present partners, if I'm reading right, the absentee Unicorn spouse will marry into that PC's Clan because the PC has points and the absentee partner does not? Or is there an option in that case for the PC to decide to join the Unicorn if they'd prefer?
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:Not that it matters due to the expected Secret Love intervention, but Kitteh got missed out on A for Effort!

I had you down as missing one.

If you want to put links in your private forum (since it's likely easier for you to find them than me), then I can address the mistake!

Asako Hirase wrote:For planning purposes...

When we get down to those PCs who got points but not present partners, if I'm reading right, the absentee Unicorn spouse will marry into that PC's Clan because the PC has points and the absentee partner does not? Or is there an option in that case for the PC to decide to join the Unicorn if they'd prefer?

With the NPCs, I am fine with it going either way, if a player really wants to marry into the Unicorn.
Mindshred

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun May 07, 2017 1:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1168#p49466

40 - Matsu Koto

Should be Kogo*
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Ponymen and Ponywomen picks don't conflict, so maybe they could be taken concurrently? It looks like there is no hurry in the crowd, so bottom table choices can get rather delayed if it is not sped up a little?
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Will end game goals cost XP? Could affect some choosing to bestow Blissful /Bitter.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Ponymen and Ponywomen picks don't conflict, so maybe they could be taken concurrently? It looks like there is no hurry in the crowd, so bottom table choices can get rather delayed if it is not sped up a little?

Perhaps, but in the interest of avoiding a potential mess, let's just keep it going one at a time.

This isn't going to be a quick process in any case.

Kitsune Takeo wrote:Will end game goals cost XP? Could affect some choosing to bestow Blissful /Bitter.

Mindshred

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Considering I barely know this girl will Blissful Betrothal actually mean you have to be a happy couple from now on in RP?

Does it have to be genuine love? Could it just be that one is a helpful spouse that runs the estate and family well?

Must it be chosen at time of picking the person?
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:Considering I barely know this girl will Blissful Betrothal actually mean you have to be a happy couple from now on in RP?

Does it have to be genuine love? Could it just be that one is a helpful spouse that runs the estate and family well?

Must it be chosen at time of picking the person?

Blissful / Bitter options remain open through the end of the game.

Most marriages are going to be pretty much just fine without either of those options. You're going to have good days and bad days, but generally stuff will (probably) work out.

Blissful Betrothal is that "dancing through the fields of flowers as 90s pop music plays in the background" sort of marriages in which both people are stupid, nauseatingly happy with each other.

Bitter Betrothal is basically having married someone who has made it their entire goal in life to ruin everything you stand for.

If you're not sure, I'd recommend against Blissful Betrothal and just keep the XP for other things. Not taking it doesn't mean that your marriage in unhappy.
Mindshred

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 pm

For roleplaying D11 purposes... when are the various marriages arranged at the miai going to take place? I have been assuming not instantly, but that being so, what would be a typical/expected time-frame? (Though if the choosing thread actually ends with a cult-style mass wedding on the spot, I guess that would be good to know too. :lol: )
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:For roleplaying D11 purposes... when are the various marriages arranged at the miai going to take place? I have been assuming not instantly, but that being so, what would be a typical/expected time-frame? (Though if the choosing thread actually ends with a cult-style mass wedding on the spot, I guess that would be good to know too. :lol: )

People will be married in the spring, as is tradition.
Mindshred

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat