[Day 6 - Early Afternoon] Sacred Duty

Re: [Day 6 - Early Afternoon] Sacred Duty

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Misa smiled faintly. "Likely, yes. My question then, regardless; will my cousin be a good ruler for my family?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:05 am

"Hm." She murmured at first as she took that question into consideration. It was easily the biggest and heaviest question she had been given so far during her stay, as people were more curious about their match or personal futures. "We shall see..."

"As members of the Celestial Order, we are all vassals of the Heavens above us..." she said as she laid out a small pile of sticks at the top, drawing a single stick away and setting it across, just below. "...but also to the Realm of Mortals, where we reside. We are tied by a red string of fate. Yet, fate takes the shape of water, where each ripple traversing along surface until its ultimate conclusion "

With that, she began her process of divination, finding the final results through the remainder numbers given to her. Once she found her combination, she cross-references the scriptures of the oracle she memorized.

"Hm, I sense there is an element of hesitation revolving around your cousin. Inaction causes things to change too. It seems this fate will change to one require travelling, as home no longer is home. Things will go well abroad..." She frowned to herself as she ponders the meaning of her reading, trying to find more than that.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 pm

It was clear that Misa took the question, and its answer, as seriously as Hotaru realized it was. Even after her answer was given, Misa remained still and silent a moment more. Finally she nodded. "The Tonbo have had some tradition of divination since our founding, so I realize the vagaries of the future, so I thank you for what your sticks have shared."

She gave a seated bow before falling silent again. It wasn't a certain future, to say the least.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:46 pm

She smiled sadly at Misa and went about collecting her sticks again. "Oh, you're welcome! I wish I could give more insight or advice than that. I fear that the subject is beyond my station to properly suggest anything, especially with such great potential on his shoulder. Perhaps a journey away from home will fill produce the answers needed for your cousin and nothing dictates this journey will be forever. Sometimes, you have to look at things from without before truly knowing what is within. Much like the knowledge we glean during our stay here, in our own small ways."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:58 pm

"Her shoulders." She still smiled. "I am not certain she can travel as a family daimyo, at least not far or often. That said, being in Tonbo lands likely has kept her in that state of mind she's been stuck in. It is something I will have to see if I can do for her."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 am

"I trust that Tonbo-sama's advice may be the ultimately guiding hand in what needs to be done." She said before putting the container of sticks in her satchel once more. "You mentioned that the Tonbo have a tradition in divination, I can't say I knew about that until now, please forgive my ignorance! Is there a particular method you favour? Have you delved into the art, yourself?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 am

Misa shook her head a little. "I have not, in part because the strongest line of diviners have been those that can speak to the kami. I believe a few have tried the sticks, and a few the stars, but it is mainly through prayers. I was trained in Dragon lands, so I had little direct exposure myself."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 pm

A blind bushi...The blindness must come afterwards or she's some zen master... She thought to herself, when referencing what little she knew about the Dragon in general. "Oh, a bushi? And you've trained with the Dragon too? I suppose that puts you in a different place than the rest of your family. Well, until recently, anyways. On the other hand, I take it that you do have a strong spiritual connection nevertheless. It would be great to have you at the Shrine more often. We might even have shrines dedicated to the Fortunes eventually!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue May 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Misa smiled faintly at Hotaru's words. "It has given me a a different perspective than the rest of my family, most certainly. It is in part why I advise my cousin and came here seeking a husband, one that can instill hope and courage."

She paused, touching at the hilt of her wakizashi thoughtfully. "My training was as much spiritual as it was physical, if not more so. In truth, I'm not very good with kenjutsu, and I'd be hopeless in a fight. Most of my time was spent in meditation, or perfecting the tea ceremony. The only real good I am with my blade is iaijutsu." She nodded, her momentary thoughtfulness dissipating. "I would be honored to visit the shrine more often Bayushi-san. I find it quite peaceful."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 05, 2017 10:38 pm

"You're more than welcome to come by at any time! Well, I hardly own the space but I'm sure the monks here wouldn't mind seeing more visitors. I'm typically in at least once a day and I'll be glad to help you with anything you wish, if you need it, Tonbo-sama."

"Perhaps one of the key talents you forgot to mention was your wisdom?" She smiled at Misa, despite her not being able to see it. "Was that not earned through your training too, in some part? I wish I could see myself in your role some day. Not just to those who seek me or value my opinion, but to a lord or person of great importance. Of course, my Family would value a political and military adviser more."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat May 06, 2017 11:55 am

"Who's to say where true understanding comes from?" Misa smiled softly. "Though, I don't truly have the luxury of being only one sort of advisor. Perhaps my family will get help from advisors from the other Dragon clan families on matters of clan import, such as war... but then, perhaps not. Bayushi-san has shown fine wisdom herself, so I don't doubt she could provide it if given the chance."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 12:01 am

"I don't think any truly wise person would get their information from only one person. To have your opinion taken into consideration or even your opinion weighed in consideration of other is still a powerful duty nevertheless." She chuckled. "Well, it would be great to do more with my talents and gifts...but I'm glad to give my advice to those who ask for it at the temple steps, or here for that matter. I suppose I can contend being an advisor in people's lives, only once in a while, rather than every day."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 11:29 am

"One can never tell the future. Even if your life is to stay that way, advice once can be just as changing as many times. It is the quality of advice that matters, after all." Misa gave a sigh, but kept her soft smile. "Bayushi-san only need find a listening subject."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 1:46 pm

She smiled sheepishly and gave a shrug of her shoulders. "I do get a few listening subjects over at the Shining Retreats, here and there. Perhaps I should consider travelling more to find my subjects than wait for them to come to me, in that case, to find more subjects. There are very few people out there that have no use for advice or knowledge of their potential future! Do you think you'll be travelling more in the future?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Misa shook her head softly. "No. I only left Tonbo lands before to go to train with the Mirumoto, and my duty as an advisor means there will be very little traveling, not unless my cousin must attend a winter court or such. What with my family needing to rebuild still, that doesn't seem likely anytime soon."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion