[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun May 07, 2017 5:26 am

Yukarin stood nervously near a wall in formal clothing and with a yellow flower in her hair. The actions of the Otaku had been startling... but not enough so to shake her out of her ruminations.

Her feet pointed inward, the toes of her sandals rubbing together in her awkwardness.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 am

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:After a bit of contemplation. Hiroji turned to look where Yue was standing and headed over to her. He bowed before he spoke. "Yue-San. It appears I have failed in my task." He paused, his expression pained. "I wish you the best, with whomever you choose. I hope you will be happy." He bowed again.

Yue looked to him and perked her brow. She bowed back to him and then put on a soft smile. "Your arranged wife seems to love you. I hope you will come to reciprocate those feelings."

She looked towards the two departing. What could those two be planning?
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun May 07, 2017 5:57 am

Mizuki watches the couple go. Didn't think the little Ide had it in her. Well, they may change their mind when they see what it's like to be a ronin. But of course, it'll be too late.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 6:04 am

Hitako watched the late display, and her cousin's actions. She wondered what he would do in the end. Would he accept the actions of the Unicorn, or leave to follow the Waves?
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sun May 07, 2017 6:41 am

Batul stood next to her cousin Yukarin, specially for support towards the woman who seemed excited with the coming selection. For Batul it was more of a surprise everything. She had not brought honor enough upon herself to be able to select her own spouse, but because of the many present bachelors in place, she knew that she would be selected... hopefully.

The samurai-ko selected for the occasion a very rokuganí style oh-Furisode, of very long sleeves to the floor, even though her hands were folded together hiding in the opposite sleeve. The purple of the Unicorn was the main color of the kimono, with golden flowers of different sizes falling in rain to a pile on the bottom of the kimono.

The samurai-ko nudged her cousin slightly, in comforting support.

As Amaya-san leaves, the samurai-ko is startled and even starts to follow, taking two steps towards her, but then she remembers her main duty in the Miai, and she stays with sorrow eyes while she wishes deep inside her that the samurai-ko finds her loved one.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun May 07, 2017 6:53 am

Hiroji nods, his sadness evident. "With time, I'm sure. I will do my duty and I am sure I will find happiness in it. I hope you will too."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 am

Yukarin feels the nudge and looks over at Batul, giving the younger woman a brief bright smile; She knew her cousin was in a tough situation with her standings... and yet here she was comforting her; The least she could do was act less nervous and appreciative in return!
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yuzuki on Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 am

Yuzuki was there, somewhere out near the edges of the gathered crowd. Perhaps only now coming to realize that she hadn't quite managed to accomplish the feat of drawing enough attention to herself to be considered top of the eligibility scoreboard.

Oh well. Her gaze fell on a butterfly as it passed by.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 am

Otaku Imane waited in her finest clothing, watching the events unfold. A golden necklace accompanied the fragment of crystal that hung around her neck. Despite being more fashionable than her day to day wear it was clearly the sort of outfit that could be worn in the saddle. An Otaku was always ready for a cavalry charge to break out...

She felt proud of her placing in the overall standings. Third out of all these fine samurai, with only the mysterious Togashi and the delightful Doji ahead of her.

When the Otaku rode in to whisk away several of the participants she wasn't surprised in the slightest. Her mother had done the same, although without the complication of a miai as pretext. Apparently her father had hardly complained. She felt a pang of compassion for Ide Amaya and Seppun Hideo, and happiness for Matsu Yurio who had impressed her with his tenacity.

Once the Otaku abductions were over she looked toward the judges to watch what was to come. Either the Togashi would pick her or she would get to make her own choice. Her hands rested easily on her hips, one of them absently stroking a finely carved wooden comb that had been slipped into her belt.

(OOC: open to conversation, feel free to PM if you want to chat)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 am

Yuki was decked out in her finest clothing for the event, clothes which she'd kept safely tucked away for the miai just for this occasion, and looked stunning for it. Yuki had her cousin's fan in her hand, and though she hadn't expected to use it so early, it snapped open as the Otaku came forward and demanded their spouses. Yuki shot a glance over to Amaya as she fled the field with Hideo. Will that be me as well today? May the fortunes watch over you, Ide-san.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 am

Taichi was there, curious as to what lucky lady would have the honour of snatching him up.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am

Taira took a place to the side, sitting on one of those wonderful folding stools the Unicorn had, and sipping a cup of that miracle, coffee.

He was dressed as was his practice, in a practical black and red kimono. His tall collar was discarded for a black scarf, so as not to interfere with his coffee.

Now to see what would be.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 9:06 am

Butaj has listened keenly and has observed intently. True love is more important than the rules. Finally! Someone has made Ide Dabo admit how it should be done, and he applauds the Otaku that have done it. His heart is filling with hope that his love won't be denied either, and his hands clench over the fan of his beloved. But wait, why does Hideo and Amaya depart? Something wrong with the love match? It does seem that the affection is a bit one-sided for Otaku Jijjing... This is most unfortunate, and brings Butaj back into tense, pensive mood. Despite his best intentions, he can't avoid pondering dreadful scenarios for himself and radical moves that would follow...

Once he notices her coming it melts his worries instantaneously. A loving, reassuring gaze is sent to Yuki.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Akil on Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 am

Akil sat and listened and watched, his face kept carefully neutral. The Otaku were certainly surprising, but you wouldn't know it looking at his face.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 am

Yurio had been idling at the back, not expecting to be called to pick or be picked until somewhere near the very end of the ceremony. He'd been very disappointed in his performance and was dwelling on that so he didn't really notice the Otaku Icebergs roll up until they said his name. His reaction was predictable.

But the scouting school . . . . ? Sensei is going to be very unhappy with me . . . . . Dogs . . . . I'm going to train dogs . . . . Well they'd better be brighter than that ^%^$^&%$^& ^&$^$^&$ %$$£$ Inu was.

Snapping out of it he went to stand by his new fiancée, adopting the proper and correct KITTEH CAN DO ANYTHING pose.

Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center