[D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Re: [D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm

"I have been well, thank you, my standing has improved somewhat after the recent contests," he says.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Thu May 04, 2017 3:56 pm

"I am not really keeping track. I am just glad to participate and see the customs of our host." She smiled at both Iuchi. "I am having fun in those. I hope you enjoyed the display of the Taryu jiai." She tilted her head. "I wonder how would you be able to duel if you don't channel the Kami like we do?"
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm

"Well, with swords most likely." Dong-Ha shrugged. "With meishodo it would be only matter of who can grab their stones the fastest, really. It only takes one word to call the magic forth and well, there is no way to control how harshly or gently the elements strike the target." he tried to explain how the Iuchi amulets differed from Rokugani magics. "I'm glad you've enjoyed this occasion, Moshi-san." Dong-Ha offered the littlest girl a shy, disarming smile.

Turning to Isawa, the young Iuchi added. "Yes, congratulations." Nonin had done rather well after all. "You've done you family proud, Isawa-san."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 4:26 pm

"Which I hope will make them happy, they did not have high hopes for me," he smiled wryly.

Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm

"I hope you get to pick your wife." Asakiko nodded. "I will probably be overlooked." She intended a pun.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 5:38 pm

"You may be small in stature, Moshi-san, but you are great in spirit," said Nonin. "Anyone would be a fool to overlook you."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 04, 2017 5:45 pm

After a sip of tasty kumis, Saksaha nods agreement. "It is a pity there are not more men of our Family here, Moshi-san. But if you do not prefer to make other arrangements with one of the other Unicorn, I have a cousin I might write to who is about your age..."

"Your taryu-jiai really was very exciting, but maybe it would not be suitable for Iuchi anyway," she adds a little uncertainly. "Shinjo's laws forbid Unicorn from drawing the blood of other Unicorn. Depending on the circumstances, this might be difficult, right? Among ourselves, our warriors duel only with blunt weapons."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Isawa Nonin wrote:"You may be small in stature, Moshi-san, but you are great in spirit," said Nonin. "Anyone would be a fool to overlook you."

Dong-Ha nodded in agreement with Nonin. "Moshi-san did well with her duel. I am sure they will find someone for you." He knew his word had to sound hollow, yet could not remain quiet.

"Moto cousin?" the young Iuchi asked Saksaha in Menkhem, his tone rather weary. "I hope not."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 04, 2017 5:57 pm

"Iuchi!" Saksaha giggles at Dong-Ha's look of worry. "From my grandfather's side."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 5:58 pm

"I did not know that," says Nonin. "How did such rules come about?"

Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm

"I am flattered Iuchi mina sama, Isawa sama. I wouldn't worry about it that much." She waved her hand dismissively. "It might be my path to continue searching for a husband in other lands."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Iuchi!" Saksaha giggles at Dong-Ha's look of worry. "From my grandfather's side."

"Good..." Dong-Ha muttered, chuckling as he did so. "No sure she could..." he didn't finish the sentence, leaving Saksaha to figure it out.

Isawa Nonin wrote:"I did not know that," says Nonin. "How did such rules come about?"

"That would be during the early year of our journeys. The food was scarce and Iuchi-shiryo suggested that we'd slaughter some of the horses for food. However, hungry and... distraught, Otaku Shiko dono, daughter of Otaku-shiryo and Ide-shiryou drew her steel to defend the horses. Shinjo-kami saw this and stopped them, forbidding us from forever spilling Ki-Rin... well, now Unicorn, blood." he explained calmly, taking a sip from his cup.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Saksaha snorts faintly with laughter, while thinking privately that Dong-Ha might be underestimating the little Mosh's resilience.

"Yes, Dong-Ha-san tells it well." She nods after he finishes his account, the beads in her hair clinking. "Our Lady knew there were always too few of us, and too many strangers all around, to waste our own lifeblood in this way. And even if we are back here now, the law she made is still the law for us."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Fri May 05, 2017 9:39 pm

"We must all obey the strictures of our founding ancestors," agrees Nonin. "We must be true to our traditions and our beliefs."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat May 06, 2017 5:19 am

"Aye." Dong-Ha nodded, moving the leaves rice balls and the honey cakes in a space between four samurai. "Please help yourselves." he waved a hand above the food as if to note that anyone was free to pick anything. "Oh and Saksaha-san brought these..:" the young mystic turned to grab a dish containing friend dumplings. "It's lamb." he explained to the two Rokugani. "Really good." to prove his point, he grabbed one of the aforementioned dumplings for himself.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts