(D9 EM) How Did a Week Go By So Fast?

Re: (D9 EM) How Did a Week Go By So Fast?

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu May 04, 2017 10:05 pm

"Riding a horse is important, Yasuki-sama," she corrected with a smirk. "I would say to be bold in what you are skilled in, such as commerce or sake."

She smirked. "Hai, I prefer my kumis. However, I have high hopes for your sake."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu May 04, 2017 11:37 pm

"That's good advice, Shinjo-san." Tomonaga said with a grin. "I've followed it before. I think I shall continue to follow it."

"Ummm... can I ask how you've been otherwise, since we last spoke?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 1:07 am

Yue tilted her head. "Are you still being hesitant with me?" She let out a sigh. "It has been a long week, Yasuki-sama. I am sure you have heard most of my life through rumors."

Except the part where I actually stayed in Mizuki's room. Twice.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 1:48 am

"Not really." Tomonaga said. "I mean, I heard your singing, of course. I hope that's not the whole story of your week. And if it was, well..." He shrugged. "I'd be sorry to hear that, I guess."

"Ummm..." His lips twist. "I did talk to Hiroji-san. He told me you bounced his suit. Any chance I could get you to reconsider him? He's a good man." His tone is gentle, non-pressing.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 3:43 am

"I fought against an orochi. I thought you would have heard about that." Yue laughed a little. "I can tell you the story another time."

She blinked. "Did he ask you to speak to me?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Tomonaga laughed as well. "Yeah, I did hear about that one. Hiroji-san and Udo-san are both good friends of mine. I'd certainly wouldn't mind hearing about it from you, too."

He shook his head. "He did not. I don't know if he's too proud, or didn't think of it, or if he didn't think it would do any good. But, well, I'm not too proud, I thought of it, and I'm an optimist, so..." He shrugged.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Yue nodded. "Hai. I did not think he did. However, now I must wonder what you are going to say."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Tomonaga pursed his lips thoughtfully. In truth, his asking was rather spur of the moment, an unasked for favor for a friend. Now that it seemed he was asked to make a pitch, though...

"There's a lot that's obvious about Hiroji-san." Tomonaga began slowly. "He's steady. Stoic. Dependable. A little shy. But... there's a lot that's less obvious about him."

Tomonaga's eyes went distant. "When I traveled here with him, for the first few days, I thought it was going to be the most boring trip of my life. Including the ones where I traveled on my own. I didn't think I'd get ten words out of him over the whole trip." He smiled. "But... over time, he opened up. And we talked. A lot. And now I know he'd do anything for me, and I can only try to repay him in kind."

Turning, Tomonaga looked at Yue. "He's got hidden depths, Shinjo-san. And those depths are very worth knowing. He... he cares, in the way that only someone as stoic as him can. He's tough enough that he really can give his all to his friends. Or to his wife. And he wants to, too."

Tomonaga sighed. "So... that's my pitch. You and I don't know each other very well, but your sister and I do, so maybe you can take my judgement as an extension of hers. I think Hiroji will make an excellent husband to whoever he marries. But especially to you."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 6:45 pm

"Sou desu ka." Yue smiled faintly for a few moments and then began to laugh. "Do you sell your sake as well as you do a man?" She scratched the back of her head and continued to let out a few giggles. "Yasuki-sama, I believe such a man may deserve better than I. I am a strong woman, undoubtedly, but I cannot reciprocate his love."

Her expression turned more serious. "Do you think he may be better off with a wife who may love him as a wife should?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Tomonaga joined in her laughter. "I certainly hope I can."

And, just as he matched her laughter, so too did he match her serious expression. "Truly, I don't know. Like I said, he has depths, and I'm not quite aware of all of them. But..." He shrugged. "He knows what he'd be getting into. And it didn't dissuade him at all. I think he'd be happy, yeah, and I don't know if there's another here he'd be happier with. So..." He gave another shrug, spreading his hands. Or, hand, rather; one still held tight to the reins.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 1:44 am

Yue closed her eyes and nodded. "I believe I will be speaking to him myself, Yasuki-sama. However, I will be sure to think on your words." She let out a small laugh. "I heard that the Crab expect many babies from the women. I do not know how well I would do at such a task."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat May 06, 2017 1:50 am

Even the most suave of individuals have their moments when they're anything but. "Why not?" Tomonaga asked cheerfully. A moment later, a stricken look appeared in his eyes.

"Errr... sorry, Shinjo-san. I guess I wasn't sure what you meant. But yeah, Crab families do tend to be larger, on average." He gave her a questioning look.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 5:32 pm

"Hai." Yue looked away, a bit pink. "I suppose that is not a topic to discuss with you, Yasuki-sama. I thought of it as a potential fault in a marriage with Kaiu Hiroji."

She let out a sigh. "How are your arrangements?" she inquired, hoping to change the topic.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat May 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Tomonaga smiled, but a hint of anxiety could be seen in his brown eyes. "Well, I think. Well enough that I'd say I have reason to hope." He sighed. "Not well enough that I'd say I have reason to celebrate." His lips curled up into a smile. "Not just yet, anyway."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 9:20 pm

"I hope you feel more confident when next we meet. Perhaps then it will be an even more apt time to celebrate with your sake," she said with a smirk.

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field