Winds of change [D10, EM]

Winds of change [D10, EM]

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Thunderous hoof beats upon the plains. Check.
A colourful rainbow mane. Check.
The feeling of an intense wave of honour rolling forth. Priceless.

Imane and Almatar rode out across the plains like a force of nature. They were as one, in their element, in the moment.

The miai was almost over and the littlest Unicorn had a lot to think about. Was it appropriate to pick a husband based on her gut feelings? Would she even have the opportunity? Did it matter either way?

For now it was nice to be able to forget about thinking and just ride.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Re: Winds of change [D10, EM]

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu May 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Yuuru saw the familiar steed as it ran down the fields towards where he was sitting... It had been a long night for the Scorpion. Far longer than he would have liked it to be.

Most of his soul was dark with thought, but as he saw the Otaku princess riding atop her steed he couldn't help but smirk ever so slightly.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm

It was Almatar who saw the Scorpion first. Imane wondered what Yuuru was doing out here on his own. Probably looking for some dangerous animal to wrestle.

With no discernable signal or effort she guided her steed toward the seated man. The ground shook as they approached and she came to an abrupt stop nearby.

"Ohayou Soshi-san, a beautiful morning wouldn't you say?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu May 04, 2017 5:37 pm

He smiled weakly, "Indeed Otaku-sama. Only made more beautiful by your arrival. Have you had your rice?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:04 pm

There was that question again. "You flatter me Soshi-san. Perhaps in return for accepting this praise you could tell me why samurai here are so obsessed with rice in the morning?". She looked at him curiously. Surely jerky would be a better breakfast?
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm

He smiled and chuckled once through his nose, "It's a form of a greeting. Like... 'nice to see you' or something. It's just a routine around here. Do you have anything you all say as a common greeting like that? Maybe in one of the other languages?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:43 pm

"Oh. I see." She smiled, glad they weren't trying to tell her what to eat. "Thank you Soshi-san, that is very helpful."

She thought in Mekhem. "Yes actually. We sometimes day Salam alaikum in greeting. It comes from the language of the Burning Sands."

Almatar wandered a little closer, turning so they were sideways on. "So, how have you been these past few days?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu May 04, 2017 6:47 pm

He chuckled, "It's been an interesting few days Sayyeeda Imane."

He tried his little phrase he had picked up from Khulun. "Lots of confusion... big decisions ahead, neh?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 pm

"Interesting indeed, Sidi Yuuru. It is 'Sayedda', but your are almost there." She said it encouragingly.

"Yes, big decisions. Those of us who do not lead the scoring are at the mercy of fate. Have you met any Unicorn who you would be pleased to wed yet?" The was a slightly teasing smile. "If not there is still a little time, but most of them are over there." She gestured towards the Yurt city.
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 pm

He chuckled, "There are plenty of remarkable women here who I'd be pleased to marry."

He smiled and looked up to the rider, "But not all of them are over there."

He tilted his head and smiled handsomely.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 5:48 am

She briefly arched an eyebrow then looked around to see who else was out here.

"Perhaps some of our Shinjo scouts are hiding out here?"

Having been given a speech about why Yuuru could not core with being an Otaku husband (her interpretation) it didn't occur that he meant her.
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat May 06, 2017 8:17 am

He chuckled, "If they are they are concealed well enough that I didn't know they were here. I was of course referring to you."

He smiled, "Anyone would be a fool to not want to be married to you. And I am no fool."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Imane looked at him closely, pondering his words. "This is the same Soshi Yuuru-san? Not his twin?"

She ruffled the rainbow mane with one hand as she leaned in a little. "I am remembering a very nice meal in which it was explained to me that Soshi-san would not thrive as my husband." A polite smile was offered.

"This was all put very eloquently, with understandable reasons. Hence I looked forward to our future meetings as friends who understand each other."

#friendzone

"Has something changed in the last few days Soshi-san?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 pm

He smiled and shook his head, "No, I am that self-same Soshi Yuuru."

He then smiled, "I seem to remember that I was honest with my good friend Otaku-sama about my reservations in fulfilling on one specific aspect of Otaku-sama's expectations. But further contemplation makes me wonder if other possible benefits don't outweigh the simple reservation that I offered to better assist you in your quest for a spouse."

He tilted his head and smiled handsomely, "My humility last time seems to have led you to believe I am not interested. Perhaps you'd allow me to describe why I think I would be an optimal spouse for you this time since I was so deferential last time... Will you allow me to make my case before completely casting me aside?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Imane couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm, although being the honourable soul that she was she didn't want to feel she was leading him on.

"Your previous honesty was well received. I was left with the impression that you had decided you would not thrive as an Otaku husband. It would not have felt honourable to pursue such a marriage." She patted Almatar and sat up straight, offering a slight bow.

"But how could I refuse your request Soshi-san? I will of course listen to what you have to say."
Otaku Imane

Next

Return to The Western Fields