[D9 EA] Here, there, and everywhere [expecting]

Re: [D9 EA] Here, there, and everywhere [expecting]

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 am

"The Unicorn have been like that for a long time," Baatar said, nodding understandingly. "We've been on the march for a million years, it seems; traveled a million miles. Sometimes this way, sometimes that. Though for the past several years it's always been east, east... looking for Rokugan."

"Now that we're finally here, I guess we'll have to settle down and hold the lands the Emperor has returned to us," he said. "But there'll always be a bit of a nomad in my soul; I think that may be true for a lot of us. I'm not quite sure where I'll end up after this miai; I imagine it won't be up to me where I go. But if I can, I'd like to see more of Rokugan than just Dark Edge Village."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 am

She nodded and listened, sipping her tea and looking more at Baatar than her maps.
"Ono, you don't think you'll get to choose a wife, you think it's more likely you'll be chosen, instead? Hm. Well, then you will travel, truly, to their lands. Unless you and your wife decide to travel the Empire, that is.
That's what I hope to do, regardless if I leave here betrothed or ashamed. I'm not going home, not right away, anyway. I want to see everything." her smile grew bigger as she spoke.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 am

"That does sound like fun," Baatar agreed. "Where do you think you'll go first? I've heard people talk about some of the big cities, but other than that, I hardly know what there is to see that's worth seeing in Rokugan."
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

"I would like to see the cities. But I would also like to see the ocean. The line where the light meets the sea, it calls me." She paused a moment, considering. "I'd also like to climb the mountains in the Dragon lands. To walk above the clouds would be pretty cool!"
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 4:28 pm

"Does the River of Gold lead to the sea eventually?" Baatar asked. "Maybe that'd be a good place to start, since you could just follow the river down from where you normally live. What's down there, do you know?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm

She bops her head excitedly. "That's exactly what I want to do! The River runs out into Earthquake Fish Bay, in the south, straddling the Crab and Crane coastlines. Shio Senkyo no Riku is a tidal landbridge there, considered one of the natural wonders of Rokugan. I desire to see it with my own eyes one day."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 pm

"What's a tidal land bridge?" Baatar asked curiously. "Is the bridge very tall or something? Can you see the earthquake fish from the top of it?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 8:55 pm

She laughed at his innocent questions, and shook her head. "No, it's a sort of sand bar. When the tide goes out, there's a bridge across the bay. When the tide comes in, it's submerged and inaccessible."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 pm

"Ohh, so it's sand," Baatar said, nodding understandingly. "I've seen sand before ... but under water? Is... is there a sunken desert there or something? That would be something to see."

The young Moto, having never seen the sea, looked rather impressed by the notion that there might be enough water in the world to drown an entire desert.
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Her eyes got wide, and she shrugged slowly. "I don't know. But I'm excited to find out."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm

"That does sound like it would be quite an adventure," Baatar agreed. "I.. I'd like to see that someday, too. If duties permit it."

"Do you think it'd be hard for you to get the Hare chieftain's permission to go?"
Moto Baatar

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts