[D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Re: [D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 04, 2017 3:25 am

"That's good," Saksaha smiles. "Um... it is good, right?" She glances at Kemuri. It's nice that people around her seem to be finding such connections, as long as they have the wherewithal to make them end happily... musing on the plight of her cousin Dong-Ha and others like him distracts her from watching the puppy bounding back until it crashes excitedly into her shins. Without the stick, of course. Still, he came back! "Good dog!"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu May 04, 2017 9:33 am

"It is." he smiled. "I just hope we've prepared ourselves for the possibility that we won't be together in the end. I don't want to regret what we have."
Last edited by Shinjo Kemuri on Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Scooping up the puppy for its reward of some belly rubs, Saksaha nods. "That is a good thing to remember." With her arms full of wiggly fluff, her next thought can't possibly make her frown, but she does sound a little more serious than she might otherwise be as she adds, "I worry that not all who meet at this miai have so much foresight. Is an alliance for our tribe still good if it comes with broken hearts and bitterness?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu May 04, 2017 2:28 pm

"I have the same concerns." he nodded. "It is all but certain that some of the relationships that have formed will not be able to continue. Hopefully, that won't lead to hostility, but it wouldn't be the first time that love led to conflict."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 pm

"I do not think that is what our khans thought to have when they made this miai, though," Saksaha says wryly. "So I hope no one does anything foolish."

Speaking of foolish, the fuzzy black pup, writhing in puppy ecstasy, manages to flop right out of her arms. He bounces up and down at her feet, barking fiercely at Gravity-san, his greatest foe!

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu May 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Airi watched calmly, having learned the futility of challenging Gravity-sama.

"I have faith that the miai will be remembered positively, overall."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 am

"This is partly up to us, I suppose," Saksaha sighs lightly. "I do not know whether I am more glad to carry on my journey as far as another Clan's land, or... or what. This"--she gestures vaguely around them, creating more excitement in the pup, who seems convinced she's about to throw something again--"does not feel like a homeland I can grieve for leaving yet, anyway."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 pm

"It's not the land that would hold me here." he agreed. "But, I am still hesitant about leaving my family."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Saksaha shrugs slightly. "This will not be easy, but it is not like being left behind on the journey. We will know where our people are. We can write letters, and visit."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat May 06, 2017 8:14 am

"True." he nodded. "It will just be different. Everything will be different. I look forward to it."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat May 06, 2017 11:46 pm

"I do too. I think."

It would just be easier if she had a better idea what kind of 'different' to expect.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 am

"We'll find out way." he shrugged. "We always do. It just takes time."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 am

"Hm. Better to be in even a bad marriage here than lost in those other dark lands, after all."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun May 07, 2017 4:49 am

"Exactly." he nodded. "Here, we can build a future with a home."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 3:58 pm

"Even if it is in some tall wood house. Or stone." Saksaha shakes her head bemusedly.

Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields