Do you like me? Check 'yes' or 'no' (Day 10, LE, Taira's)

Do you like me? Check 'yes' or 'no' (Day 10, LE, Taira's)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Well. This was it.

The night before everyone paired off, and then went home alone and waited for months.

In that light, it was a bit of a farce... all the drama and excitement. On the other hand, it would define the rest of his life, and it was in so many ways now... out of his hands.

That was a strange feeling, both comforting and depressing.

So he poured a cup of sake, sat on a stool by the entrance to the yurt they gave him, and toasted the waning moon.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: Do you like me? Check 'yes' or 'no' (Day 10, LE, Taira's

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu May 04, 2017 6:27 pm

It had been little over a week since Yue first met him. She had came to him bored and wandering then but now she had purpose. With that first meeting she had thought of him as a good marriage candidate. He was a good conversationalist, interesting and intelligent. She had thought that they could be good partners, exactly as her sister Fei said to look for.

Fighting the orochi had solidified the notion. What she did with her near-death experience had nearly destroyed it.

"Konbanwa, Taira-dono," she announced with a flat tone. She stayed silent for moments afterward and just gazed upon him and that sake of his. I wonder if he remembers me spilling it on myself.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:38 pm

If he did, he gave no sign.

Instead he rose, bowing at the waist, one hand going out to the side, balancing the sake dish on it easily.

"Yue-hime. I hope you are well this evening."

He was polite, but not distant. Just... calm. He had found a certain peace in the finality of things.

With one foot, he pulled out another stool, letting her decide where she wanted to put it.

Reclaiming his seat, he took a slow drink, savoring the dry flavor.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu May 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Yue returned the bow and gave a faint smile. She was relieved to not see him in another state of melancholy. "May we go inside?" she requested.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Taira shrugged, and rose, one hand lifting the stool, the other still balancing the sake dish.

Placing his seat inside, he set up the other stool for her to sit on, though again, it was up to her where she chose to set it.

"So... you've come to your conclusions I assume, given the desire for privacy."

He sat, crossed his legs jauntily, and took another sip. It seemed he was going to take this... as calmly as possible.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm

"Iie," she corrected him. Her expression turned more solemn with an added tinge of annoyance. "Did I upset you again, Taira-dono?" she asked, assuming his calm was due to a perceived slight. She placed her stool in front of him so that they could face each other.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 pm

"No. On the contrary. I'm feeling rather at peace about the whole thing."

He grinned. "It isn't even the sake talking. I find myself in a good mood, now that the end of the miai has come."

With a shrug, he leaned back, resting his free hand on his knee.

"You see... I've had the chance to think too... though I'm curious what insights your thoughts have yielded you."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 am

"Oh." Yue tilted her head, a small smile on her face. She was pleased to see him able to handle it so calmly. "I must admit that I am surprised, Taira-dono."

She shook her head, moving on from that line of discussion. "I have already said that I am unsure of who I will be picking. I hope to decide before I sleep." She cupped her chin in realization. "I have not asked this yet as part of my deliberation: do you have another suitor in mind?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 pm

"No one I particularly expect to choose me, and I know now that I will not be choosing for myself."

He chuckled, offering a shrug, sake dish still balanced in one hand.

"All the women of your clan have proven themselves honorable and good..." A moment of hesitation. "Almost all of the women in your clan have proven themselves honorable and good, in my experience. Whoever I marry, I will do my duty. I will hope, in time, my wife and I can learn to love each other."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Yue lowered her eyes. "Do you still care for me as you did before? Did your feelings mellow out?" She looked back up to him. "Do you still trust me as I trust you?"

The Shinjo turned a bit pink and let out a sigh. She decided to approach her next inquiry as bluntly as possible. "My sister told me I should find a husband who will allow me to have a paramour. I assume that this still would not suit you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Taira listened, and nodded faintly.

"Hai, I do still care for you. Do still trust you... but I am also gaining enough to perspective to know love fades with time, if allowed to do so."

Her second comment drew a simple nod. "Hai... I would not divorce you, if that is what you mean, but it would not please me. I'm... selfish. I don't want to make room for another in my wife's arms."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 5:04 pm

"Sou desu ka." The Shinjo swallowed and closed her eyes. Then this is how it must be. When she opened up her eyes, her face was blank of expression. "Taira-dono, I do not intend on choosing you. My sister," she started and then shook her head, "I believe that I should not sacrifice a potential paramour." She smiled softly. "It seems that you are at peace with this so I can make this decision with less worry.

However, if my intended suitor is chosen before me, I will take that as a sign of the Fortunes that I am meant to marry you. I will stay entirely faithful to you if that is the case." She bowed her head. "What are your thoughts, Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Taira chuckled.

"That is not too far from my own thoughts... you shouldn't make my feelings the basis of your decision. After all, feelings are impermanent."

He took a sip, and then set the dish down, pouring more sake into the dish.

"Would you like some? I imagine it cannot be easy for you to be stern. You're like me, in that regard. Please don't torture yourself about this."

A slow sigh. "You'd mentioned two different alternatives... did one of them displease you?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Yue frowned. "It is not only that, Taira-dono. I still trust you the most among the men present here. You are important to me. Your feelings are important to me. I hope you understand that."

A small laugh escaped her. "You are important to me like my sister is important to me," she clarified, "I do not think I would ever see you as anything but a brother. I believe it would be unfair to marry you under that pretense."

She offered her cup with a small smile. "I will not refuse your offer. This may be the last time I see you."

She shook that thought out of her head. "He did not displease me. His passion for me has not faded as yours apparently has." She let out a sigh. "I do not think it would be fair for me to marry him either."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat May 06, 2017 7:01 pm

"Of course, but what was his feeling on the matter?"

Taira shrugged. "Some men wouldn't care, as long as they had the chance to pursue their love. There are all types, after all."

Pouring sake for Yue, he added, "I am willing to be a brother, in some ways... I hope we don't marry, so I can be a brother to you in good faith. So you and I both can give happiness a try, and be good friends. I hope... well I hope some day we can meet up and talk about our adventures, show off our kids to one another."

Soshi Taira

Next

Return to Northern Yurts