A whimper, not a bang (D10, LA, expecting)

A whimper, not a bang (D10, LA, expecting)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 10:13 am

Taira went to the dojo after the event, dressed in his hakama and gi, simple black garments with red hemming, and began a series of stretches.

So this was... it.

What an odd week and a half it had been.

He'd hoped to do better, but in the end, he'd given it his best effort, and couldn't ask for more. At least, that was what he told himself.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: A whimper, not a bang (D10, LA, expecting)

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Taira was soon joined by another presence in the dojo. This one was small but perfectly formed, perhaps a little exotic, but also familiar.

"Ohayou Soshi-san, you are not practicing on the roof?" Her tone was pleasant and she offered a bow as she approached, watching his stretches. "I hope you have been well since our last meeting?" Her cousin Khulun had seemed to enjoy giving the Scorpion a hard time.

She wore light clothes suitable for riding, having just been doing that very thing, which were comfortable enough to proceed with her own series of stretches. Almatar waited outside, unsure of why anyone would want to go into a building.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Taira turned as the woman arrived, and bowed.

Then he chuckled, "Hai, I thought I might draw unwanted ire, if I knocked shingles from the roof."

Finishing his routine with some lunges, he added, "I've no cause for complaint, my health is as fine as ever."

That was a nice, diplomatic dodge, he thought.

"And you, Otaku-sama? It has been a busy week, after all."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 3:41 pm

She laughed musically and nodded her agreement. "Your thoughtfulness is noted, and yes! Busy indeed Soshi-san! I am somewhat gratified that I was able to place so well in the tests of martial skill, but I have been left a little confused by some of the other challenges. Whereas you helped to defeat a mighty spirit. We have both had eventful weeks, wouldn't you say?"

If she cared that he had deflected the question she did not show it. She paused to continue her stretches with breathing exercises and got onto her hands and feet to run through some assorted push-ups. Imane made them seem incredibly easy, but then she looked like she might float away...
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Taira did his best not to watch too closely as she did push-ups. Geometry could become an enemy in such situations, and so he distracted himself with the first kata, a series of light punches and high kicks, done slowly, to warm up any muscles not yet ready.

Nothing worse than a pulled muscle to ruin a day in the dojo.

"I'd say that, yes. Whatever I expected, I've long since realized reality is much different. It'll be a little hard to convince my friends at home that I really experienced all of this in such a short time."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:02 pm

"The strangest tales. Often have. A grain of. Truth!" She kept to her feet after the last sat, blissfully unaware of the perspective she had granted the Scorpion.

During of her hands she went to collect a yari and started some basic training kata. She seemed to use one hand as often as two.

"May I ask who has caught your eye in these last ten days Soshi-san? Are you expecting to join the Unicorn, or to take a bride home with you when the time comes?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Dressed in furs and leathers came... a monster.

Fi-fy-fo-fum she smells the blood of a Scorpion. Enter the Moto. Sadly not Butaj... they have to settle for Khulun.

She leans in the door way not wanting to interrupt.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm

That brought a chuckle, and Taira sped up his own kata, moving into a series of more elaborate and difficult feints and kicks. Many were thrown high, as if aiming for the jaw of someone his own height.

"I don't have a good answer for that question, Otaku-sama. A few times, I've thought I did, but now, I honestly don't know. Perhaps it is fortunate that I no longer have any false expectations of being in a position to choose for myself."

A vicious axe-kick, caught just before it hit the dojo floor. He didn't want to damage the mats.

"I've developed an admiration for several of the Unicorn maidens here, and even felt my heart moved, though the sentiment was not shared. I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone else by prattling on about my one-sided sentiments."

He did not yet notice the Moto.

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 pm

She nodded and paused to watch him in his jiujutsu practice. It was not something she spent all that much time on.

"You may find your heart is moved later Soshi-san. Some things take time to build. I am curious though. Were you trained in the Soshi magistrate school? I recall Sushi Yuuru-san talking about it. Something about needing to subdue foes rather than kill them. Of course he also spoke of wrestling giant snakeman..."

She shrugged and noted the form in the doorway. Her face lit up.

"Sayedda Khulun! So good to see you. Soshi-san and I were just talking about the miai."
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:23 pm

"Yes... I imagine so. I wasn't trained in their school, though I've worked with them for the last few years. I've never met a naga, but I imagine it'd be tough to grapple one."

As she greeted Khulun, Taira paused, mid kick, foot suspended against the side of an imaginary hooligans face.

Looking to the entrance, he did his best to hide his dismay. He did it fairly well, in fact, lowering the foot and bowing, but not interjecting.

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu May 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Khulun hides nothing, she was done with all that rot. She nods happily to her clanmate and says, “Sayyeda Imane, the brightest star of the Unicorn, it is known.”

“Scorpion,” she adds in a dry tone to Taira.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:37 pm

"I wish you well Soshi-san. You are a skilled doctor, yes? This seems a valuable thing. Have you spoken with our Iuchi cousins? Their knowledge of medicines from outside the Empire may make for a good match."

Imane moved over to the doorway to embrace Khulun in a warm hug of friendship. "I hope to live up to those words. How are you?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu May 04, 2017 6:41 pm

She returns the hug and says, “I have been well, my prospects are good and I even found a man that seems to adore me. As much as I like I to be adored it is nice to feel such warmth. Have you met Matsu Nintoku?”

“I pray you have found the same?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 6:43 pm

"Only a little."

Was the answer Imane got, before she hugged Khulun, who had gotten a nod in turn at her greeting.

In general, he now felt like a third wheel, so he pulled out a few dummies to pummel.

And then proceeded to do just that.

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:52 pm

"I am delighted to hear this! I think I met Matsu-san at the opening feast, but not since. I am glad for you.". She smiled and then looked a little bashful.

"There is one who is like this, and a few others who seem to be taken with me and who I could grow into being happy with. I suppose it all depends on whether I get the chance to choose, or if I am chosen. Still, the prospects look good and there is still time."

She looked over at the Scorpion. "Do you know how our Iuchi cousins are doing? Perhaps one of them would be interested in meting a skilled doctor who helped to defeat an Orochi?"
Otaku Imane

Next

Return to Calm Heart Dojo