D7 EE Post Performance Pity Party Playing Pangs

Re: D7 EE Post Performance Pity Party Playing Pangs

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm

"Ah, I see. Is your father a bushi as well Shiba-san? I had not come across this ikebana art until we arrived back in the Empire." It seemed like a courtier's skill, but then she supposed that some might think the same of music, or dance.

She thought carefully about her answer to his question before pulling a piece of crystal out from beneath her top. She didn't complain about his use of her name, he seemed to mean well. The crystal shard was worn as a sort of necklace, hanging over her heart.

"This is the tip of a sword I once used to destroy a creature of shadow. That was the past, and reminds me of the day my sensei told me I had a bright future." She held it up to the light and watched the rainbows dancing in its refracted light. "My hope for the future? Time for my people to settle and form new friendships in our old home. A family. To serve with honour and provide an example to others."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Re: D7 EE Post Performance Pity Party Playing Pangs

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

"Hai my Father is a bushi trained as a yojimbo. He likes arranging flowers as his arrangements are a form of meditation for him, he claims they set the world in order, if a very small world. His other reason is the arrangements make excellent gifts, though most often they are for Mother." Kaizen smiled thinking of his family.

When Imane showed him the crystal at first he was puzzled till she explained its significance. "A creature of shadow and a crystal sword... that is... quite amazing. I have never seen a crystal sword, that would seem like a strange thing to carry, but I have never heard of a shadow creature before. Is crystal to them as jade is to the denizens of the realm of the 9th Kami?" His eyes shown with a combination of admiration and curiosity.

Realizing his questions were a bit too excitable he retrieved his On slowly putting it back into place with a measured breath, "You have done amazing things Imane-sama and your goals are most admirable. I hope whatever happens that you see them realized."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Previous

Return to Western Yurts