[D10 EN] No regrets

[D10 EN] No regrets

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 am

Waiting...

With the lord moon slowly raising on the sky, Dong-Ha stood by the edge of the village. Poppy, reined and saddled dithered behind his master, mot likely wondering where his owner was taking her on this godless hour. The village around the solitary samurai was quiet with most of the heimin huddled in their huts and likely sleeping. A stray cat walked across the road, stopping to look at the horse before going her way.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Re: [D10 EN] No regrets

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 9:48 am

Wearing the white and red hanfu again, Tomoe arrived at their arranged meeting spot. A little nervous, but also excited to spend time with Dong-Ha again. Especially since she felt she had done well at both of his Family's tests. Only question remaining was if it would be enough to see their match realised.

"Good evening," she said with a happy smile as she saw him. "And to you too, Poppy."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 9:53 am

Spotting the target of his affections across the road, Dong-Ha's eyes brightened. He raised a hand to wave at Tomoe and to beckon her closer, even if he knew she was there for him. Perhaps he was impatient that night. "Good evening, itoshii." His gaze was full of joy as he pulled the small girl into his arms. "Well done kogitsune-chan, well done." Letting go of her waist, he gently ruffled her hair.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 am

The affectionate adress certainly made her heart beat a little faster, as she had been completely unprepared for it. And the following embrace only made it continue beat harder and faster. "Ah... my hair..." she chuckled and put a hand to her hair after he had ruffled it.

"... Maybe I would have made a good Iuchi after all," Tomoe smiled a little shyly as she looked up at Dong-Ha.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 am

"You would." he nodded proudly, his eyes finding hers. "Alas, we'll have to see how that goes. Did you manage to talk to Bayushi-san?" As much as he didn't want to discuss that particular topic, Dong-Ha could not help but to feel curious. "She's been avoiding me, I feel."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 10:11 am

"Has she?" Tomoe had gotten the impression from Hotaru that the two of them were good friends, so that she might be avoiding Dong-Ha seemed odd. "I spoke to her last night, before the test... I didn't get the impression then that she was angry with you, or avoiding you."

She seemed a little puzzled at it all. Maybe it had been something she said?
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 am

"Well, not that I've sought her out after our last talk three days ago, but I have not seen her since." He explained, words stammering from his mouth, afraid that she'd think he wasn't thinking of her. "Maybe she's just busy." Dong-Ha shrugged. "Did she say anything we should worry about?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 10:27 am

"Uhm... I don't think so? I mean, she said you were a friend, but nothing more?" Tomoe wasn't the best at reading peope, so she didn't know what Hotaru truly felt about Dong-Ha, or herself. "So I didn't get the impression she was lying or anything. She was very sweet and honest, it seemed to me."

"Maybe she was a little embarrassed after the song? She said she wasn't quite sure who to sing about, since she hasn't decided yet who to pick."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 10:38 am

"Oh.. that's good." the young man exhaled, relieved. "Well, as long as everyone keeps their word, we ought to have a chance then." he grinned with the purest of joys. "Thank the Fortunes." Dong-Ha's long, calloused fingers wiggled a small sign on his chest. "... to ward of bad luck."

"That could be it, she was pretty flustered when I asked her about it. She told me that kink means a wise man. So, I guess I am a kink after all." he explained, unaware of the other connotations the word might have.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 10:43 am

Err... not quite... Tomoe looked a bit off to the side, but she couldn't quite bring herself to tell him now what it meant. Some other time would be better.

"Mhm, yes, we might have a chance," she nodded, her smile bright and happy too. Tucking some of her hair behind her ear, she looked back to him. "But... you might become a Hare?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 am

"If I am to be a Hare, so be it. As long as I have a chance to be with you. " he nodded, determined. "I just hope I will fit among your kin." Dong-Ha smiled shyly as he spoke. "You think I will?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 10:58 am

"I think you would fit in with us, yes," she said in a comforting tone. "But... as much as the Hare want to grow as a clan and could need someone like you, the more I thought about it, it would seem like your Clan would be in bigger need for people like me who can help teach. Who knows... maybe it could be possible to work something out for the benefit of both our clans? That is what marriages like these are all about, no?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 11:12 am

"Hmnh, there is truth in what you say. If we could convince your lord, I guess it could work out? I mean, my lord won't really care, and I think they'd welcome you with open arms." He agreed with her. "Though, not much we can do about that now." Dong-Ha glanced at Poppy, wondering how she would do among all the trees. "Should we get going?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 11:24 am

"Ah, yes... sorry. My mind got distracted. Let's go, yes," she nodded. It was strange to think that when she first came here, she hadn't wanted to leave the Hare, but over the week, she had seen how much the Unicorn might need someone like her, as a teacher and as a diplomat. They would need her more than the Hare might.

"Should I sit behind you?" Tomoe asked as she stepped closer to Poppy, not quite sure what would be best for the rider.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 11:27 am

"That works." He had had other ideas, but didn't quite mind her holding to him either. Heaving himself on top of Poppy, the young Iuchi offered the Hare his hand. "Come..." his beckoning voice was soft as the evening breeze.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Next

Return to The Western Fields