[D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Re: [D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 am

"I can understand." he nodded. "I think it is good for us to blend somewhat with the rest of the Empire. Hopefully, it will help us adapt."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 2:34 am

"I hope it will help them adapt to us. We are already good at adapting. We have been doing it for seven centuries and more," Saksaha points out with a half-smile. "It is these other tribes who are out of practice."

Then she rather hastily swings down from Gio's saddle and takes a few strides over to retrieve her pup before he can ingest part of a weed she's pretty sure will be bad for him. "No, Yolo. Drop it." She holds the little creature by the scruff of his neck. "Drop."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 01, 2017 2:42 am

"Come here, Airi." Kemuri commanded.

The puppy had been considering helping the other puppy, but the treat giver drew her away.

"I have a feeling that this adaptation will be difficult for us too." he said as bff e picked his dog up. "Just the idea of having a permanent home is hard to grasp."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 3:16 am

"No, drop it!" Saksaha sighs and resorts to prying the little fuzzball's mouth open and extracting the dangerous flower "No foxglove for you!" She fumbles around in the grass and finds a woody twig to throw for him to chase instead. "Go get it! Bring it back this time!"

"It is strange," she agrees, turning back to Kemuri while wiping her hands on her skirts. "Land that is ours, instead of someone else's we are passing through. Or no one's because no one wants it. Will they expect we will fill it all with cities made of wood and stone houses? And farms?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 am

"They will be disappointed, if they do." he shrugged. "I don't think that will be necessary, as long as we contribute something to the Empire."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 am

"Yes," she agrees. "And Shinjo-no-Kami has spoken to that, so it should be well." If we don't screw it up. But we won't.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 am

"All the more reason for us to make ties with the other clans and begin forging bonds." he nodded. "We need to know what's conning."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 3:22 am

"Some will be easier than others, I think," Saksaha admits, shading her eyes as she looks out over the field to see if the puppy finally figures out fetch this time.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 9:28 am

"Airi, no!" The other puppy wriggled free of Kemuri's grasp and chased after Yolo. "Hopefully, the Empire will listen to us more than our puppies do."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

"Mm. Well, we do not need them to obey us. We only need them to take us as equals." Unspoken but nevertheless quite clear behind these words is the thought that for some of the Rokugani Saksaha has encountered so far, this alone will be difficult enough.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm

"Of course." he nodded. "Hopefully we can at least gain their respect. To some extent, that depends on this miai."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 03, 2017 1:06 am

"... is there anyone's respect you have gained especially, Marta-san?" Saksaha inquires, watching the pups' twin trails loop through the grass.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 3:03 am

"One of the Lion, Matsu Kogo. An imperial, Miya Mei, though that's a bit more than respect." he smiled. "A few others, perhaps."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 03, 2017 9:06 pm

"Oh, Miya... Mei?" The name rings a vague bell.... Right, that one. "I have not met her, but I think I remember the song she made yesterday. It was... really something."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 pm

"It was definitely interesting." he chuckled. "She sang for me after I sang for her. We've grown close over a short period of time."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields