(D9 EA) Who the Heck is This Guy?

Re: (D9 EA) Who the Heck is This Guy?

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

He nodded and answered approvingly, "Very shrewd of you Shinjo-san. You might make a surprisingly good Scorpion."

He mused on the thought glancing over at her until something clicked.

"So you're saying Otaku Kitakuhime-sama is in the latter category?" Yawarakai asked with a touch of surprise.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm

"Are you vouching for Soshi Taira?" she asked, mostly joking.

"If I did believe that, do you believe that I would admit it?" Yue gave a small laugh and then shook her head. "I am sure that Otaku Kitakuhime-sama has many suitors. It would be clever for her too to not select a suitor so publicly."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 5:33 pm

"I'm not sure I can vouch for someone I haven't met more than I could any of my other kinsmen whom I have not met, but I haven't heard anyone complain about him yet and shrewdness is a trait often associated with our clan, though we do not have sole claim to it by any means," Yawarakai responded, laughing in kind.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

"Sou desu ka." Yue scratched the back of her head. "However, I do not think I will be marrying into the Scorpion. The only option I see on the board is you." Her lips turned to a small smirk. "I do not know if that is your intention, Shosuro-sama."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 6:06 pm

"No? But your consideration of Soshi Taira-san? And there are a few others too if the clan were your objective rather than the individual," he offered, pointing out a few names on the board.

"But no Shinjo-san, I have no intention to pursue you. Much as I think you would be a good match for some, I believe us ill-suited," he said, his smile maintaining the same appearance of warmth despite his words, "I'm sure you understand, and I mean no insult by the words. I believe our needs differ, that is all."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 6:11 pm

"Soshi Taira would marry into my Clan. So would Yogo Yuichi and Soshi Bantu," she added, for the sake of clarity.

She smiled back, not offended by his words. "I hear that you are a governor, Shosuro-sama. I do not believe my skills would be suited for such a life."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm

"That I am. I am responsible for maintaining and elevating the Painted City. And with my brother's passing, I stand to one day assume responsibility for much more than that," he explained.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 pm

"Sou desu ka. I cannot imagine the difference in our responsibilities." Yue cupped her chin and looked back at the rankings. "I imagine you may want someone who matches your status. I suppose Otaku Kitakuhime-sama fits that description." She glanced at him, wondering if he was gauging the shiotome's character with his earlier questions.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 6:33 pm

"Matching my status is not as important as matching with someone who has a significant political presence. Who can help bind our two clans together in a lasting fashion. Otaku Kitakuhime-sama would be one way to accomplish that, I suppose, but my intentions in coming were not to simply find the closest I could to the heir of responsibility within your clan and make them my fiancee. There is more to politics than one's birth, neh?" he responded, smiling at her while his eyes made another scan of her face.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 6:44 pm

"I believe Otaku Kitakuhime-sama has the most presence," Yue stated. She cupped her chin. "The Ide are known for such matters. I would recommend my sister but she is similar to me. Neither of us are politically minded like our father."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 6:46 pm

"I take it your sister is Shinjo Liu Fei?" he asked.

"I think she would be a good wife for a bushi, a sensei, a magistrate, maybe even a traveling courtier, but not for me I think. I think she would find the experience a bit claustrophobic."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 6:53 pm

"Hai. However, my sister may surprise you. She favors boldness and strength in a man." Yue looked at him and smirked. "I am sure you are not lacking in those qualities, Shosuro-sama."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Fri May 05, 2017 3:23 am

"In some ways, but she also likes physical strength and martial prowess and those are things I possess only in a limited sense to keep my body active. We didn't even bother sparring, I expect it was a disappointment for her," Yawarakai answered with a rueful grin.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri May 05, 2017 3:27 am

Yue kept her mouth shut about thinking that the Bayushi man was also not a man of martial prowess. However, he did have some skill with the knife, or at least he had claimed such. "My sister may surprise you with her opinions. She is not an easy woman to read." She smirked. "It takes years of practice."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Fri May 05, 2017 3:28 am

"Then I shall take your word for it," he said, inclining his head.
Shosuro Yawarakai

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center