D9 EE - Fortunes Favor Fiery Phoenix?

D9 EE - Fortunes Favor Fiery Phoenix?

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Kaizen stood ready to see this matter come to a close. He pondered the whole mess. Kakita Mariko had been a friend, they were innocent youths till the ghosts of the recent past twisted their fates. Kakita Jinosoku so full of pride and vengeance. Who would the heavens choose?
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Re: D9 EE - Fortunes Favor Fiery Phoenix?

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Yuki was there with a slight frown on her face. Kaizen had come to her for support in this matter, and her clanmate would have her support. She remained quiet, not wanting to risk distracting Kaizen and allowing him to focus on the duel at hand.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Isawa Nonin on Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Nonin stood beside Yuki, trying to keep calm, but he keeps touching his medical kit as if to reassure himself that it is there.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Kakita Jinosoku approaches the dueling field and pauses at the edge, allowing his gaze to drift across the open area. After a moment, he approaches the gathered Phoenix and bows to them. "Shiba-san, Isawa-san, Asako-san."

He looks to Kaizen with mild amusement. "I was somewhat surprised to receive your letter. If nothing else, you are a man of action, which speaks well of you."
Crane Clan • Bushi • Terrible Duelist • Emo

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue May 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Ameka hadn't heard about the duel long before it arrived and didn't really know what was going on, but it involved someone she knew and a clansman, so it was worth being here to at least see it play out. It might also be worth seeing what all this mess was about. Maybe it related to why he was surprised when she behaved like a sane human being the other day. She bowed to the Phoenix and the other Crane present, her expression more bemused than anything.

This must be the guy. She didn't recognize him from the rest of the miai.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Miya Mei on Tue May 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Mei and Ti-Lu rode along the outskirts of the field, making circles similar to the ride she took the previous few days ago with the Otaku heiress before their duel. Soft wounds of spoken words can be heard as she talks with her horse, but the exact nature of what she says is unintelligable. Finally, seeing a group gathering, Mei pulls back on the reins and approaches slowly.

"Good evening, Doji-san."

She calls down from the horse to the woman, bowing from her seated position.

"Is something going on?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue May 02, 2017 10:57 pm

She bowed to the Miya as she approached, a little deeper than normal in deference to her status. "Miya-sama, good evening." She looked toward the two duelists. "A duel between one of the miai participants that I know and one of my clansmen. I truth, I don't know the details of what has led to the duel, but I am certain they will be announced in short order. Given the participants, I felt it was important to be here."

Doji Ameka

Postby Miya Mei on Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 pm

Mei nods and dismounts Ti-Lu, placing a hand on his nose, telling him to stay.

"I practiced with a Phoenix earlier today. They are quite skilled. I am Kakita trained and she gave me a good challenge. I imagine this duel will be quite similar. You are in for a good demonstration, either way. My name is Miya Mei. A pleasure to meet you."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 pm

"Yes... I'm certain it will be quite an education," she agreed, and smiled a bit at the introduction."Doji Ameka, of the Kakita Artisans. It's a pleasure to meet you. Once this is finished, I hope you will allow me to share one of the things I make with you as a token of our meeting."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 02, 2017 11:09 pm

It was only most proper that a Shinjo, the Family directly under the Kami that founded their Clan, was asked to preside over a duel by Ide Dabo. Armed with her Naginata and dressed in her light armor for a show of authority rather than having any intent on using either. Stood between the two sets of stands on the Southern side Fei watched over those that gathered and more keenly on the two duelists. Ready to usher those to their respective places when it was time or, hopefully, not have to do that and just watch as the other Samurai did so themselves.

Standing off to the side at the center in order to ensure that the duel was executed properly, and without interference.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed May 03, 2017 2:40 am

This amount of attention at the dueling fields?

I really hope it's not Mei again...

Hideo approaches, looking over the group bowing but moving to stand near Mei.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 am

Mei bows to Hideo.

"Good evening Seppun-san. It seems my challenge the other day reminded people of the art."

Mei looks back to Amaya.

"Something you made? I cannot acept that, Doji-san. Surely the Unicorn would like to see your skill in the arts."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 am

Kakita Jinosoku wrote:Kakita Jinosoku approaches the dueling field and pauses at the edge, allowing his gaze to drift across the open area. After a moment, he approaches the gathered Phoenix and bows to them. "Shiba-san, Isawa-san, Asako-san."

He looks to Kaizen with mild amusement. "I was somewhat surprised to receive your letter. If nothing else, you are a man of action, which speaks well of you."

Kaizen stood from his meditative position bowing to the Crane, he noticed the small gathering, but his focus was on Jinosoku, "Kakita Jinosoku-san." The Shiba bowed and said, "That you would follow me here and attempt to bar me from my duty is why I challenged you to the first blood. Though further that you would assume that this was the wish of Kakita Mariko-san and take her place only shows that you lack confidence in her own judgement and skills. Do you find this time and place acceptable?" Kaizen's voice carried none of its usual warmth and his eyes showed icy contempt.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Ameka, standing neat Mei, bows to Video as he arrives politely. "Seppun-sam, pleased to meet you. I am Doji Ameka."

"They've seen it, Miya-sama, it's all right. And they'll see much more of it if I marry in. But we can discuss that once things are finished here," she says with a polite how before turning to watch the duelists. The disagreement may or may not pan out to be worthwhile, but the art deserved full attention.

Doji Ameka

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed May 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Yuki frowned a little with the knowledge that it had been Kaizen that issued the challenge, but she did not waver from his side, seeing the growing collection of Crane and Imperials. She bows to each as they arrive, but doesn't speak for now. The duel was first, after that was over, then she would see.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Next

Return to The Dueling Fields