Morning Has Broken (D9, EM, Dong-Ha's)

Re: Morning Has Broken (D9, EM, Dong-Ha's)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 9:28 am

Tomoe had some more of her breakfast as she listened to Dong-Ha speak. It was... quite fascinating, that anyone with the right training could learn to use these charms, without having to possess some sort of special talent with the kami like shugenja usually did.

Oh yes, probably for the best to keep this out of the hands of the Imperials. Especially that Seppun Kato.

"Really? I mean... would that be proper?" she was rather surprised at his offer to teach her. "I did well when the Ide gave us this language-puzzle, but I don't know if... I could learn something like that?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 9:44 am

"Eh... if you became student of the Nobane-line of meishodo, certainly." he shrugged. "We are not jealous of our powers. I don't believe that Iuchi-shiryo did not mean his work to be hidden. He developed the meishodo to help the Unicorn, and I believe it should be wielded like that." Dong-Ha picked up his bowl again, taking a small sip from it. "I am sure you could." His confidence in her seemed boundless. "It might take some time, but I'm sure you have what it takes." After all, Batul had learn to handle the amulets and she was... precious.

"But would you want to?" an eyebrow rose. "Wouldn't you want to continue your studies among the Phoenix?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 9:52 am

"I'm... not sure, really. I enjoy my studies very much, but, I also would consider what would be best for the Unicorn, if I were to marry in," she said with a smile. "I know it might not sound much like an answer, but I've always been thinking of how I can best serve my lord and clan. The Unicorn could certainly benefit from both of those, from what I see: one that is trained in the ways of the courts of Rokugan, as well as one who can wield the mystic powers of your Meishodo."

She had another mouthful of the warm milk as she took a moment to consider the situation.

"... I don't think I know enough about the Iuchi to say for sure what your Family might prefer."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 am

"I don't know." he shrugged softly. "We tend to allow people to take their own paths. Many of the Iuchi who have no interest in the arcane train among the Ide. That being said, the Ide do not yet fully know the workings of Rokugan. You do." That it inself would be a valuable asset. "I think they'd let you chose. Not that I can be certain. The choices that a lowly samurai makes are more or less inconsequential after all."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 am

"That certainly does makes things tricky," she chuckled. "Means I'd have to figure out the best course of action on my own. But I think I can live with that... I'm always up for a challenge, and I'm sure there is much I could learn from the Ide, and vice-versa."

"It will be interesting to see how many will marry in though, and how many will marry out. Maybe it will be something left more up to the pairings to decide, if their status within their clans are similar?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am

"Uh, I think they mentioned that the person being chosen will marry into the tribe.. clan of the chooser, unless they outrank them, in which case the chooser joins the chosen? I am not sure, to be honest. The rules of this thing are not really all that clear." he paused for a moment to fish out a piece of dried goat meat from his bowl, easing it into his mouth. For a while, Dong-Ha blissfully chewed the Unicorn delicacy.

Having finally swallowed, he continued with a smile. "Either way, you'll find a home among us, I am sure of it. I mean, the home might be nothing more than a tent for a while, but I'll try to make it as cozy as possible for you."

"Oh, do you have any possession back home which you would like to bring with you?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

Tomoe giggled a little. It was endearing how much he wanted to make her life as comfortable as possible, even if they had to live in yurts like this.

"I... have some more books at home I'd like to have, and some of my mother's things that father has been holding onto for the day I marry. Hm... I'm not really used to considering that I might need to travel light." Would the Unicorn still travel around in their own lands?
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

"Books fit into a traveling chest easily enough unless you have dozens of them.." he looked at her, wondering if that would be the case. Her tent had been littered with literature after all. "Hmm, what kind of things?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am

"Not that many, no," she chuckled. "I brought most of them with me, after all."

She pushed the meat in her bowl around. "Her bridal robes and kanzashi... a couple of other trinkets that's been passed down in her family, like jewelry and such. I didn't want to take it with me, in fear that I might lose it, or something would happen to it."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 11:15 am

"Oh.." Dong-Ha murmured , reaching to touch her knee as he hoped to comfort her. "That's understandable. I cannot imagine how it would have been to grow without my mother."

"It must have been tough..." he added, the words dying out. "What was her name? Your mother's."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 12:00 pm

"It's alright," she offered a strong smile. It had been almost half her life without her mother, and she had grown to accept it over time.

"Mamiko was her name... my sister was named Tamaki. Mother was... she was very patient and warm, my sister and I were very close to her. She would often tell us stories before our bedtime, and she had a good marriage with father, at least from all I could see."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 12:06 pm

"Still.." Dong-Ha reluctantly withdrew his hand back into his lap."Mamiko-san." he nodded. "If we get married... I expect we will visit your family some point. If we do that... I would like to visit her grave, if you think that's fine?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 12:15 pm

"I'm sure she would like that," Tomoe nodded with a smile. "As would I." Father too, maybe... hard to tell with him sometimes.

"Even if I join the Unicorn, I would want to show you the home of the Hare. I think you'd like it there. Not so many open fields, but so close to the forest and the mountains, there's a lot of nice places to explore."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 12:32 pm

"I am glad to hear that." Dong-Ha smiled sweetly. "I hope I will also get along with your father..." he sounded quite uncertain about that. "As long as he doesn't think I'm stealing you away..."

His eyes brightened as she mentioned the Hare lands. "Yes, I would love that. I would love to take a piece of wood from Shinomen and work into a meishodo amulet. Ah.. I think Matsu-san told me that the woods are... mystical and old. The trees should reflect this, I think."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm

"The forest is very old yes. I've heard the shugenja say that there are many hidden mysteries within it still. I know some people who could probably help guide you through the forest to find the perfect tree for your amulet."

Seeing his uncertainity about her father, it was now her turn to give his shoulder a comforting pat. "I'm sure you'll get along," she offered in a reassuring tone. "He's... rather overprotective of me, but I'm sure he'll see that you're a good man who wants to look after me. Sometimes, I just think sometimes he's not quite ready to accept that I'm an adult now, but... having lost a wife and child, I can't really blame him for that. I mean, losing a child must be the most difficult thing for a parent to experience."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts