[D8 EM, Hitako's] Excuse Miss Imperial

Re: [D8 EM, Hitako's] Excuse Miss Imperial

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 6:29 am

She shrugs. "Not really. The Fortune most often called on for wedding ceremonies is Musubi-no-Kami, the Fortune of Weddings and Marriage, not Benten-no-Fortune. We all understand the importance of Benten-no-Fortune, but do not mix her into marriage. And so, if love is not part of marriage, we say so. Oh, it is always good if you can love the one you marry, but hardly essential. And I have no idea how I could not do my duty with a man I did not love, if he was my husband. As I said, the Unicorn and the Empire, particularly the Seppun, are very different."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 am

"But there is more than duty to such unions. Usagi-san told me that traditionally oaths are exchanged. Now, I do not know the contents of these oaths, but I would think that..." Dong-Ha clenched his hand into a fist. "... lovers would not be mentioned. A marriage is supposed to unite two families as it unites the couple. To suggest that it would be a merely an arrangement is..." he huffed. "I mean I understand that the high and the might might not have that many choices, seeing how they must tie the binds between others... but surely normal people like us ought to have a say..."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 5:25 pm

"What makes you think I am normal? My family may not hold a lot of land, but we are fairly high within the ranks of the Seppun. My mother, additionally, was from the Otomo, and a good part of them. Within my line, on both sides, arranged marriages are the most common, and love within the marriage is unusual. The arrangements we use are because of that, and because we cannot afford for there to be issues that draw us from our duties for emotional reasons."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm

"Uh... what does it matter if Seppun-sama is special? I am sure Seppun-sama is... special." he corrected himself. "But even then, don't you lament the loss of choice? That you are but a means for your family to make.. connect with others? Don't you feel used?" he pressed the matter, leaning towards the Imperial. "There must be hundreds...thousands of samurai bearing the mon of the Seppun. Do they all have to sacrifice themselves?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 5:58 pm

"Yes."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Dong-Ha huffed. "That's... that's quite something." He shook his head in disbelief. Shinjo's tits... tits here and tits there. The fabled Empire, the home of the Ki-Rin did not seem to make any sense. "Uh... I hope you will change your mind, Seppun-sama. I wish... you would think of your own happiness... and mine, when you make your decision. I will of course not make a scene out of it but... I wish you could find someone who could make you happy. Someone who could fit to your life."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm

"I will certainly take your words into consideration, Iuchi-san. Though, I do wish there was another with Spiritual training among the choices for Unicorn males. You wouldn't happen to know of any I missed, would you?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 am

"Alas, the Iuchi are only so spiritual, Seppun-sama. As much as we tend to the rituals of our clan, the power we possess... comes from within. We do not need to borrow the powers of the spirits for our magics." Dong-Ha explained. "The power is, what you think it is, Iuchi-shuryo is said to have said. That is our creed... if we have one."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue May 02, 2017 4:56 am

"But, none of the other men competing here among the Unicorn have any training in it? What about Courtly training among the men?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 am

"Uhhmh... not really. Shinjo Hanashi-san and Shinjo Kemuri-san, both of Marta, I believe, hail from the family Marta that have kept the records of my kin since our departure. I cannot claim to personally know them." he offered. "If the Imperial families with to learn from the Unicorn, approaching the Marta would be a first step."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 am

"Thank you. You are the third I have heard from suggesting these two. Seems the Fortunes are directing me. I just have to listen to them."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 6:19 am

"Seppun-sama is welcome." he bowed to the Imperial. "Yet, I would recommend that you approach them as individuals and not as members of their family."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 am

"Hmm. I will have to figure the best way. Would they prefer letters, or should I arrange to encounter them at 'random', do you think?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 02, 2017 8:31 am

"Uh, I think you could just seek them out. The heimin ought to know where to find them. I mean, in the morning and evenings at least. Not much you can do here."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts