Matriach meeting (D9, LE, Expecting)

Matriach meeting (D9, LE, Expecting)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Kogo made sure her tent was clean, Noburu outside and the flap open. She had not had such an honorable visitor to her Yurt yet and she was slightly nervous, though it did not show. The Crane doesn't count...Though one cannot help but admire one who would call a Matsu a failure with her lion outside and her katana nearby. That one has steel inside her spine. Kogo finishes her preparations and waits.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Re: Matriach meeting (D9, LE, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Kitakuhime reaches out the northern yurts to meet with Kogo, as the messenger had directed. She carefully dismounts not to disturb the warcat and makes sure to tie Gekko just a little bit loose –– in case he needed to act.

The Otaku announced herself before entering, drawing the ear of the lioness to her. "Konbanwa. Otaku Kitakuhime here!"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Kogo comes to the front door and bows to Otaku-sama and Gekko. "Konbanwa Otaku-sama. I am honored to have you here. Please, come inside." She clicks her tongue and Noburu moves to the other side of the tent away from Gekko, to give the horse space.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:00 pm

The Otaku bows, and Gekko snorts at her command, perhaps in thanks; maybe it was sarcasm. Kitakuhime slaps him before entering the yurt, though. "Thank you for the invitation. I am definitely curious about the Matsu. Many are saying we have much in common. As the Moshi do."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Kogo nods, noting the slap and allowing a brief smile to cross her face at it. That looks familiar. "Indeed Otaku-sama. I suspect we have much we could learn and share with each other." She produces a bottle of sake and one of kumis, as well as two cups. "Do you have a preference? I could also send for tea if you would prefer."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:14 pm

"I'll drink whatever Matsu-san would like to have." She sits, folding hands over her legs. "How has it been, so far, the miai?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Kogo pours sake for the two of them, putting the kumis to the side. "It has been...educational. Seeing many different clans interacting and meeting so many of the Unicorn is an experience I will not quickly forget." She hands the sake to the Otaku. "How has it been for you, Otaku-sama?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

"Troublesome." Kitakuhime fetches the bottle, and in turn, serves Kogo more, letting it spill just a bit.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Kogo notices the spill and moves to clean it. "Is there a way I might assist you Otaku-sama? Troubles are sometimes best when shared."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

"Oh! Gomen. That is a custom we share. It is polite to serve others, and spill some to show we are happy to provide even more than we may have." She bows, apologetically, and then moves to clean with Kogo.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Kogo smiles. "Ahh, that is good to know. I am sorry I was unaware. Please, do not worry." She stops the cleaning. "As I said, educational. Even the smallest things we do are sometimes new to us." She looks at the Otaku. "This miai...has had its share of difficulties. But I am still glad for it."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Kitakuhime smiles back. "It is still not over, Matsu-san. Much can happen. For better or worse. Speaking of which, what were your highs and downs, so far? If you're willing to share this bond over sake."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Kogo nods. "You are correct Otaku-sama. There is still time yet." She ponders, trying to come up with a political, but honest answer. "I was disappointed at the puppy training event. Though it was something I expected to do well at, I was disappointed in my performance. I suspect more time might have brought greater possibility, but it was a disappointment nonetheless. I suspect the Iuchi events will not favor me. " She sips the sake. "What about you Otaku-sama? What were your highs and lows?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm

"A low: the shooting contest. I should have picked another target. I was too impulsive and chose before the judge could even explain the rules. That was stupid of me."

Kitakuhime raises the cup.

"Kampai!"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 pm

She smiles and responds. "Kampai!" She takes the sake down. "I fared far better than I expected at that contest. Not enough to impress the judges, but for a first time, I was pleased." Her face grows more serious. "As for highs.....Earlier in the miai, I thought perhaps that things would be working more in my favor. I felt favored by some. It was...pleasant."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Next

Return to Northern Yurts