Ride in the Dark (D8, EN)

Re: Ride in the Dark (D8, EN)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm

"Well as a representative of the foolhardy population and it's presiding chief... I must say being locked down in a yurt watching for kids is not exactly our view of fun and excitement. A partnership though, like the one you spoke of? That's far more appealing. Fools gotta be allowed to be foolish sometimes and make new discoveries and adventures." He smiled.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm

She puts a hand over her mouth, not to laugh more. "As long as husbands don't go bossing things around, and do not take our mounts to war, everything is candid."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:17 pm

He smiled handsomely as he saw her hand move, "I'm better on my own two feet, Otaku-sama. I'd never put your horse in danger, even if I'd put myself in danger."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

My horse?

She raises an eyebrow. "Have you met Imane-chan, by chance?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm

He nodded, "I did have the pleasure of meeting Otaku Imane-sama."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:27 pm

"Tell me your thoughts about her. Her flaws. What did you notice?" She keeps looking at him for a before paying attention to the road again.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:31 pm

He chuckled, "This very much seems like a trap Otaku-sama."

He smiled, "She's a lovely young woman. There's much about her that I find desirable. Strong, free-spirited, and possesses a beauty that will only continue to brighten with age. Much like yourself I might say. She did suggest to me that a marriage to her would entail me sacrificing my duties outside of the home at some point in the future, and I informed her that while I'd be willing to do anything my lord required... I may not be the best man to be tasked with such a duty. I am a man who would be best put to use subduing those who break the laws of the Emperor."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:45 pm

"Thank you for being so sincere. Soshi-san." She nods. "Imane-chan is correct, though. Marrying into the Otaku might be exactly as she mentioned. Which is not diferent from what I said earlier. Many Otaku man have duties as scouts, horse tamers and infrantrymen. They are proud, fierce and honorable. Not spineless as you once mentioned –– I took no offense, by the way. I could have."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:47 pm

He nodded, "I didn't mean to infer they were 'spineless'. I often don't find the right words for what I'm trying to say. Your patience with me is greatly appreciated Otaku-sama."

He smiled and looked over to Kitakuhime, "So should I expect a marriage to you to be something similar to what Imane-sama described?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 pm

"Similar?" She taps on her chin, trying to capture the proper words. "Imane and I, even if cut from the same cloth have diverging duties. So, perhaps it would be wise not to expect something as equal."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:51 pm

He nodded, "What type of duties do you expect to have in the future... you are an heir to the Otaku line are you not?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 pm

"I am, yes." She inhales deeply, feeling the not so subtle weight of that compromise. "I expect I can serve my family, Clan and Emperor as they see fit. I am a samurai, after all. Such as you. Too much expectation is the same as too much fire: it burns what gives us sustenance."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm

He smiled and nodded, "A priest from a temple near my home always taught that 'expectation is the root of all sorrow'. When we build up these images in our head of how things should go... we often set ourselves up for disappointment. Doing your best for your family and the Empire is all one can truly do."

He looked up ahead on the ridge in front of them, "Do you have any questions for me Otaku-sama? I'm as open a scroll as they come."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm

"Please don't take this as an offense. You have been sincere to me, by mentioning some of your Clan twist words. So, I be sincere to you in return. Are there Scorpion participants involved in the spreading of those slandering that harmed us so much?" She finally asks him.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm

He shrugged, "It's highly possible. There are a few troublemakers around here... I don't see eye to eye with them on the issues that have been presented; so I'm not as informed on their dealings as they are. I personally thought we were here to build and strengthen ties with your clan and it's people. Deriding you and your kinsmen go directly against that. If I were to point a finger at the culprits, there would be some Scorpion and some Crane in the mix..."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field