Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Re: Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon May 01, 2017 2:06 am

"Well maybe, I'm no expert on riding." He had only risen once after all.

"As one who fought one, I would think she knew the difference, but who knows." He shifted slightly trying to get more comfortable.

"I just thought someone should know, for the sake of her husband as much as her. These marriages are meant to.improve relations between you and the other clans after all."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 am

"Yes... maybe Ide Samai-sama or Iuchi Yukarin-san would be better suited to talk with her about this," Saksaha says, thinking aloud. Someone not me! "Anyway," she adds after taking another drink, "some of the songs were good to listen to, and also appropriate. I was glad Otaku Imane-sama sang for you, Ichiro-san. Her voice is also good, I did not know that before." She smiles from behind the rim of her cup.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm

It took him the second round of mentioning those names for him to get the hint, and with a nod he agreed. "I'll look for one of them tomorrow then."

At the mention of Inane a frown briefly crosses his features. "I don't know what I'm going to say to her tomorrow. Her song, well I missed it."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 am

"Oh." Saksaha studies the bottom of her cup through the small amount of clear liquid remaining in it. "That is too bad. But I think she will understand. It was very close to the end." She drinks the last shochu so she can get a better look at the details of the ceramic... yes, that's it. "Do you know her? Do you like her?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 2:31 am

"I hope so." He sighed, and took a drink from his cup, it was near empty as well. "I'll do what I can to make it up to her but, I'm not good with this sort of thing." Maybe he could sing a song, or write a poem? "I do know her, and well, I do like her. There are only two women I've met at this miai that I think I'd really like to marry, and she is one of them."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 am

"She has done well in the challenges, also." Saksaha examines Daisuke's face with tipsy seriousness. "And she is not too tall. If you like her back, you should tell her."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 am

Picking up the almost empty bottle he offered to refill her cup. "She has, and you are right she isn't that tall, and I also find her eyes quite lovely."

"It's just that." He takes a drink perhaps for courage. "I do like her, but." The volume of his voice drops a little lower, as his cheeks grow pink. "Everyone was singing about love today, and I don't know if what I feel is that." His voice was nearly a whisper when he said the word love, perhaps barely audible in the small tent.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Saksaha holds out her cup for the rest of the shochu. She still seems pretty coordinated, movement-wise.

"Um. Hmm." She takes a drink and considers. "I don't either. But I still tried to make a song."

She scratches her cheek and sips again. "I think maybe it is like... it could be like..." she begins hesitantly, "well, like in winter, the very cold part of winter, the way the herders in their tents sing songs about spring coming. Or like the songs we make at foaling, about how swiftly the horses will run when they are grown. There are many times when we make songs about what might be, what we hope will be, but isn't yet."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

"You sung to someone then?' This piqued his interest, he was rather curious as to who may have won her over. He was certain it wasn't him, she would of mentioned herself instead of Imane if it had been. He just hoped it was a good man, and not one of those that had their names sullied in the rumors.

"I see." He muttered mostly to himself. That made a lot of sense, in it's own way. "A song for the future then, that I think I can understand."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 7:46 pm

"Yes, a song for the future!" That was a much more concise way of putting it. Clever Badger.

"Ah..." with her blood already warmed by the drink, Saksaha colors a bit more than she otherwise might. "It was Togashi Udo-san. The Moto dared us to try, and I did not want to be shy of the challenge... and that one helped my heart feel easier when I was full of worries this morning. I thought maybe this is enough to make a song on."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 pm

He took a drink from his cup, but frowned as he noticed it empty. Where had he put that Shochu? "Maybe I should try to make one then."

Swimming Saksaha blush he straightened a bit curious as to who she might name. Udo? He'd never met him, so he couldn't say how good he might be. At the very least he had no bad rumors. "It's a start at least." He said offering a smile. "If he hurts you though, feel free to tell me, I'll drop him in a hole or something."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 am

Saksaha giggles. "I think he might be good at climbing out, though." She adds more seriously as she sets down her empty cup, "I do not know him enough to hurt him yet, I think. Or him to hurt me. But maybe we will become this close some time? Friends can hurt, and lovers, but if this is not possible then you have no lovers or friends." She nods with a shochu-induced sense of profundity.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 am

He chuckles in response. "That's fine, I don't want to keep him down there forever." Unable to find anymore booze he set his own cup down. Had he hidden that sake from himself? Probably. "That's true." He nods along with her. "Likely means you don't have anyone to talk to either, or drink with."

"So I think it's best to have many of both to be happy." He paused any blinked once as he realized what he said. "Err, I mean many friends... Don't need any lovers but your wife."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 03, 2017 2:13 am

"Right, right. Many friends, one husband." She waves a hand reassuringly... then waves it a little more to make extra sure it's her hand and not the inside of the yurt that's swaying. "Though my grandmother once told me that in the days before Shinjo, the Ujik-hai princesses might have two or three husbands... but this sounded like a lot of trouble to me. Um. And I think your shochu is working after all."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 am

"Two or three husbands?" That sounded fairly absurd. I mean how could a lady make love to multiple men at once? At her mention of the Shochu though he grinned. "It will catch you by surprise, if you're not careful. Shochu is pretty strong atuff."

"Why I like it so much, have to be careful though. If you drink to much, you tend to fall alot."

Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts