Why Must I Always Be Waiting On Yu (D9, EE)

Re: Why Must I Always Be Waiting On Yu (D9, EE)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 am

She couldn't help a rueful little chuckle, "You know what I meant..."

Truthfully Yukarin did not wish to elaborate much either. It felt to... stressful.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:16 am

He nodded and looked out to the sunset as he leaned a bit back into her. "I did."

He let out a large sigh, "And I suppose pining over it won't do me any good. I'll enjoy the sunsets with you that I can and hope that there will be many more sunsets after... I will definitely look forward to the sunset that doesn't signify the end of an evening with you."

He smiled a bit, "Listen to me. All those love songs for you yesterday seem to have gotten me all mopey... I guess I shouldn't have worried about embarrassing you with my terrible voice and at least gotten some feelings off of my chest."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 3:30 am

"And I probably should have had the guts to choose someone to sing for... I've been told I have a lovely singing voice, after all. But the talented people putting their all into their songs, along with more people singing for me than I deserved..." Yukarin sighed, "I lost what little I had in me."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 am

He smiled weakly, "I suppose that's all I could hope to know where your feelings are right now then."

He put a hand on hers gently, "I won't push..."

Even though I want to...

He smiled, "So my dear, what shall we talk about tonight? Funny stories from our past? Visions of a potential future?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 3:59 am

"How about... my feelings I suppose."

She gave a sigh before smiling at him, "I am very comfortable talking to you openly and honestly, even if you are directly involved and it is a bit... scary."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:00 am

He nodded, "It is probably what I am most interested in hearing if I were being truly honest."

His hand squeezed hers tenderly. "What are your feelings my dear?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 am

She sighs softly and leans in even more, "Honestly... a bit confused. And greedy. I don't feel like I know what love is exactly, and my affection for you and Yasuki Tomonaga-sama FEELS like it could be that... But what of the others who sang for me? What if I'm over or underestimating things? What if I'm just a flighty young girl who's read too many pillowbooks? And more than anything I'm afraid I will make a mistake I regret; Not knowing my future husband well enough, breaking someone's heart, choosing based on emotions without considering rationality or vice versa..."

Yukarin purses her lips, "How does one simply DECIDE something that will not only effect the rest of their life, but the lives of others as well? Am I really enough of a samurai to be responsible for such a thing?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:36 am

Yuuru listened quietly and nodded as she spoke. Internally he was wrought with emotion.

I knew it... that damn handsome, rich Yasuki... Damn.. how am I supposed to compare to that?

He looked calm and thoughtful as he pondered her question, "You must do what you think is best of course... sometimes you just have to take that leap. From what I know of the Yasuki, he seems like a decent guy... he's got the attention of quite the harem here and deservedly so. He's rich, charming, handsome, friendly... Really not a lot could go wrong there. You'd have all the comforts money can buy."

He paused, "And for me... well I know how I feel for you... and I don't just think it to be simple emotions. There is much that our families could gain from our marriage... The Iuchi and Soshi would be served by having marriages and alliances between them; we now share a long border... and could accomplish much through working together. I've already asked my mother to assist in a matter of great importance to your clan. Building connections between us would be something great not only for us... but for our clans."

He smiled softly, "I admittedly do not own my own line of sake breweries... My potential for success is a bit further away chronologically. But I know that you're necessary to make that happen for me. I personally look forward to the challenge of building for ourselves a great and comfortable existence. I foresee a great balance between us... our skills compliment each other without too much duplication on either side. If I were to say anything... Does he really need you as badly as I need you? Would you find the same level of purpose with him as I know you would with me?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 am

As she listened Yukarin leaned forwards a little, putting an elbow on her thigh and chin in her hand as she did so. She was silent for a bit after the last question, a fairly lengthy pause in fact.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:48 am

Yuuru watched her carefully with an expression of interest, "I don't mean to deride him or anything. I'm smart enough to know he's not a bad choice. He's the safe choice... I get that. He's like you in a lot of ways. He has things you are very interested in and could provide the type of existence you desire."

He smiled and squeezed her hand, "I'm the unconventional choice... the gamble of sorts. The one that may take a bit more time and energy to be fully successful."

He paused, "Me? I like the adventure... I like taking the risk. Taking the gamble and seeing where it leaves me. I think with your good fortune and my willingness to push our limits we could be something much greater than a conventional pick..."

He turned to look deeply into her eyes squeezing her hand tightly, "And you already know that I promise everything that I am to my future wife... There are no reservations between me and your happiness were you to choose me."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 5:02 am

Yukarin looked up before shaking her head, "You have nothing to apologize for certainly; Your words of insight mirror some of my own thoughts and provided more clarity. And a good merchant knows how to talk about strengths and weaknesses in an honest and sincere way while still selling the sales pitch. You are doing no different. ...as long as you don't mind the analogy of course."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 am

He chuckled, "I don't mind in the least my dear... As long as you don't mind my honesty."

He smiled and squeezed her hand again, "Does he really need you as much as I do? Would you rather be his rich housewife than my partner?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 5:11 am

"I will admit, the thought of being a rich housewife is very tempting, Yuuru-san; Living in the warm south with views of the water from a large estate... But I can also say no, he does not need me as much as you do, I think."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 am

He nodded, "I think your people need me as well to be honest... I was speaking with another member of your family recently. She told me that the types of maps I draw are completely foreign to your people in their times in travel. The Lion took much of the economic base that they extracted from these provinces as they left. My skills at cartography would help your people quickly begin to function more effectively in the market... produce more food, collect more taxes to fuel your armies and markets."

He continued, "Besides, your people need to consider taking up wheat and rice cultivation as soon as you can. As your numbers grow it is much easier to feed your people with these products than other types of food... and on top of that... Taxes are paid to the capital in rice. Sure you can purchase it from others like the Lion or Crane... but it will come at a hefty premium, and you cannot rely on in in times of strife."

He smiled, "I know you're pensive about how exactly your people will fit into the empire... and frankly I am too. I think the better play for your people is to have people marry in with valuable skills that can help integrate your people into this empire effectively... Marrying out to be a rich man's housewife is probably personally quite tempting, I know you well enough to fully understand that appeal. But marrying someone helpful like myself IN would be a boon not only for you, but for your family for the years ahead."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 5:26 am

Still with a thoughtful look, "...and here I had been assuming I would be marrying out. It... was my preference. And I suppose it slightly still is. But I see your point as well; I cannot simply think that and ignore what would be best for my Clan, my own wishes set aside."
Iuchi Yukarin

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion