Say you, Sayyed (D8 LE, Yuuru's Yurt)

Re: Say you, Sayyed (D8 LE, Yuuru's Yurt)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 12:20 am

He nodded, "I like exploring. This skill started as a passion more than a duty. For generations people can walk past the same things and not see it for all that it can be... I like to find the hidden treasures in the land around me. Nature is a big treasure trove... whether it be the Shinomen Forest or the plains around this village."

He nodded again, "But if I were you all I would consider taking up wheat and rice cultivation as soon as you can... as your numbers grow it is much easier to feed your people than other types of food... and on top of that... Taxes are paid in rice. Sure you can purchase it from others like the Lion or Crane... but it will come at a hefty premium, and you cannot rely on in in times of strife."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 am

Saksaha shrugs. "This is not my decision. But it is no secret, I think, that our Clan's servants and heimin are not many compared to you others. For one family of samurai there is no more than one family of commoners--no more than this could we keep, and keep safe, on our travels. Unless we should set the horses and husbands of the shiotome to pulling and driving ploughs, there is little we may do about this quickly." She laughs a little at this strange image and shakes her head, returning her attention to the maps and their maker.

"Exploring is also our way and our love, but... we do not record what we learn in maps like these. What we want to learn is what is remarkable, or beautiful, or dangerous, the ways of the people in every place and what they believe and wish for. That is what Shinjo charged us to learn, and we tell all that we have learned in this way in our histories.

"Still, I can see there is much art this work of yours also."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 am

He nodded, "These help tell the stories of the land as much as an oral tale does... perhaps not as interesting in its form... but it describes things that people would not normally see. It's another form of exploratory knowledge gathering... and if the day came I could use it for the Unicorn, I'd be more than happy to."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 am

"I am sure it would be very useful," she agrees. Of course, if I became your wife, you'd stay a Scorpion, and go on drawing these maps for your own people...

"This land belonged to us before, but no one now living knows it well, and our stories scarcely remember it. And it must have changed much, anyway, just as we have. It is strange to think of owning land, of having a homeland that is not far away in a tale," she admits. "For so many years we were always guests and strangers in the lands of others. I suppose it is hard for you to imagine what this is like, as it is hard for me to imagine always staying in the same place."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 am

"In part. But I've been a journeyman in the Shinomen long enough to know a life without comforts and a stable place to call home." He replied with a nod.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 am

"We had something stable. And comfortable enough for us, mostly. Only it was not fixed in one place," she says, tracing a finger along the fine line marking a road. "Not fastened to the land like a pin in your map."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 am

He nodded, "What is it that makes a place 'home' for you then?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 1:25 am

"People," Saksaha replies without needing to think. "Some familiar things, maybe, also. My grandmother's tent, our horses and herds. But mostly it is the people."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am

He nodded, "That's really what ends up mattering the most neh?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 am

"For my people it has, at least. Maybe this will change now. But I do not think quickly." She glances up from from the maps at Yuuru. "What about for you?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 am

He nodded, "People... a place to think."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 4:08 am

"What do you mean, a place to think? I can think anywhere."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 am

He smiled, "I find I think better when I'm on my own... surrounded by nature. I enjoy coming back to people and interacting with them, but there are times where I enjoy just being alone... where it's quiet. I feel I find new insights."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 7:09 pm

"Hmm." She nods thoughtfully. "Your work now sounds suited to this. But what will you do if later you come to serve in some great city like the one you spoke of, Ryoko... Owari?" It takes her a bit of effort to recall the name.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 pm

He smiled, "Then I'd fine a place where I can find my center. I've spent a bit of time in Ryoko Owari, I know a few good places. They have great gardens, for one. Every type of plant you could imagine... and many you never dreamed existed."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts