Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:04 pm

"Well, it surely tells me I'm at a fault, and should meet with them to congratulate their art. I must, after all, humbly recognize my defeat, so I may learn form it." Reason comes back to her senses, slowly.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Kogo pauses, sensing she is missing something, but unsure as to what it is. "I believe there is one Kakita present at this miai, but she is a shugenja. I think the other Crane present are primarily Doji. They may be able to discuss some of this with you."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Since the duel completed and everyone seemed fine, Udo took his puppy to go run and play.

(PM if you want to chat)
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 am

"it is as Seppun Hitako says." Butaj agrees to his own internal sigh. He would like it to be over already, for more reasons than one.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo pauses, sensing she is missing something, but unsure as to what it is. "I believe there is one Kakita present at this miai, but she is a shugenja. I think the other Crane present are primarily Doji. They may be able to discuss some of this with you."

"I should hear more about the Matsu, too." She nods.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 am

As the hour grows late, Amaya moves away from the field, finding an open space to spend just a little more time with her she-pup before the commencement of the event.

/effectively exit
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 6:09 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"it is as Seppun Hitako says." Butaj agrees to his own internal sigh. He would like it to be over already, for more reasons than one.

"Have you made an advantageous match then? Someone that will choose you, or that you will choose?"
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 am

"Tonbo Misa or Asako Yuki have good position to choose, and will choose Butaj if able. Butaj is not well-placed in standings to make his own calls but he would be very happy with either of those choices, though he believes his match with Yuki would also be blessed by Lady Benten. As far as Butaj can tell either of those matches would be both advantageous and heartfelt on both ends." He sighs. "Butaj would find it hard to appreciate a spouse who didn't make the effort during this gathering to know Butaj before making a choice of that kind. Butaj is a person, not livestock. Both of those women have reached out to Butaj to look into his heart and mind. Butaj hopes that faith won't be discarded and his new home will be with the Phoenix or with the Dragon." He sighs. "Butaj is a bastard, and his own family doesn't want him. There is little advantage to marrying Butaj for anyone who does not appreciate who he is as a person. As livestock, he's but a burly hog without pedigree whose snout is good for oinking music."
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 am

"A harsh way to look at one's self, but not unheard of." She sighs. "Have any others attempted to get to know you?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 am

"Yogo Mizuki, but she has decided to leave Butaj be after an honest exchange. Butaj talked with Doji Fukawa but she was not endeared. Butaj met other women too but those meetings didn't mean anything, or so Butaj thinks. Butaj puts faith in either Yuki or Misa to take him home."

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 am

"And if another were to choose you? Would you be considering them for future love, or would it be too late?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 7:18 am

"Like who?" Butaj looks at Hitako incredulously. He shakes his head. "Butaj follows his heart. If his heart is broken, he is broken. Who needs a broken Butaj."

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 7:30 am

She smiles slightly. "Can hearts not mend? I do hear and understand you, though. I am just asking - there are many options still to go before any plans can be finalized."

She looks over the others. "Since I am currently at loose ends, do you happen to have any suggestions who I should pick, when my time comes?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 am

Butaj grips Yuki's fan. "Butaj honestly doesn't know the answer to that. He loves Yuki so much that a future without her is hard to imagine, even if it is with Misa. Butaj knows that because of how this miai is set up anything can still happen. But to know it and to accept it in his heart are two different things." He presses his lips together, trying to be thoughtful despite being off his center. "If Iuchi Dong-Ha is no longer of interest to Seppun Hitako, Butaj thinks... he thinks..." It takes him a moment to focus. "...that Seppun Hitako could be least wrong with a Shinjo. At the very least their bloodline or name would not embarrass you, and they are often thoughtful men who have come to know the Sands." He rubs his face with his free hand. "Butaj knows that Tonbo Misa has no special feelings for Shinjo Hanashi even though he sang for her, so maybe Seppun Hitako could talk to him?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon May 01, 2017 8:04 am

Hitako listens carefully. "I will remember that. I think I have heard that name before. I shall look into him, then. Thank you, Moto Butaj-san."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields