Why? (D8, LE, expecting)

Re: Why? (D8, LE, expecting)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 pm

"Hai. I know I should not rush you." Yue took a step backwards and kept her eyes lowered. "Gomennasai. I know I have not made this easy for you, Taira-dono. I hope that in the coming days you find peace."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:29 pm

"You may wish to see if the others still seek your hand... at least so you know."

Taira clasped his hands, wishing he had a better answer. "Hai... it is not easy."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:09 pm

"I know the Asako's opinion. I do not know about Kaiu Hiroji." Gon ran up between both of their legs and began to bark. "My puppy seems to approve of you," she said with a weak smile.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 pm

"Well, perhaps you should find out? It may be useful for you to know..."

Taira scratched the puppy behind the ears, expression immutable. "I'm glad... I..."

His words trailed away. Gone.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Yue let out a sigh. "I do not wish to base my selection of you based on their opinion. I want it to be between the two of us." She tilted her head, though she wore a small smile from seeing the two of them. "What? Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:34 pm

"I like to think I can at least make a puppy happy."

He chuckled.

"I know... I know I'm being pitiful."

With a soft sigh, he met her gaze. "Also... think about... us. Think about the future. About what you envision. Look at it, long and hard, and... be honest with yourself. If I am the man you should marry, and if you would be happy with me... and me alone... to share your bed. We will both have to think... but I wonder if I really am the... best... solution."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 12:03 am

Gon let out a small bark and continued to wag his tail.

"I will think on it more then, Taira-dono." She scratched the back of her head. The thought of sharing her bed with him, in the intimate sort, was foreign to her, perhaps even unsettling. And she knew it was no fault on his part. It was simply by design. "It is hard for me to look to the future," she admitted, "During the Ride, I was unable to envision the Empire here. I simply kept going through the Burning Sands."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 am

"Hai, but if you want a future... you need to think about it."

Absorbing himself with scratching Gon's ears, he added, "Maybe you'll surprise yourself, and there will be more room in your heart than you thought, maybe you won't. But you need to be sure of yourself before you commit to me... before you tell me to commit to you. After all... it is not a decision which can be changed."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 am

"Sou desu ka." Yue stepped a little bit more backwards. "I will think too." She lowered her head even more, dismayed by the outcome thus far. Why? Why me? Why could he not have fallen for any other woman? He could be happy with her, with someone else?

Is he right? Would I betray his trust? I don't want to do that. Could I resist Mizuki? I haven't. I've been a slave to that compulsion, that Desire. I don't see an end in sight. I don't, I don't.

She shook her head and snapped back into reality. "Gomennasai. I should leave you to consider and I should do the same."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon May 01, 2017 10:49 am

Taira nodded, and said, very softly. "I don't just worry for myself, Yue-hime. I want you to be happy, not just because I care for you, but because I admire you. You deserve a good life."

Brushing off his kimono where dog hair had collected, to little effect, he added, "I suppose we both have some meditations to undertake..."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm

"Hai." Yue gave him a polite bow and took a few more steps away. Gon, however, stayed by his side and wagged his tail with no end in sight. "May you carry the Fortunes, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon May 01, 2017 3:42 pm

"You also, Yue-hime."

Taira gave the dog a soft pat on the bum, hoping to send it back to its master. "You're a handsome one, Gon, but you shouldn't leave Yue-hime alone. She should have someone watching out for her."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:49 pm

"I can handle myself. You know that," she retorted gently. Still, her puppy ran off after her and snuggled up to her. How lucky puppies are to not understand samurai problems. She finally turned around, though she still looked back to him from time to time with a solemn smile.

/Exit

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

And Taira slumped back down by the waterside, gazing at his hands with a morose fascination.

Why did things have to end like this?

/scene

Soshi Taira

Previous

Return to Orochi's Fall