[Day 8:EA:Open]Let's Duel ...Magically

Re: [Day 8:EA:Open]Let's Duel ...Magically

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Seeing the Shugenja gather in a duelling field made him realise what was about to happen. He moved closer with a puppy at his side.

"Are we stirring the little kami today?" He bows to the parties "I do so hope to see a duel amongst priests." He looks at the Shugenja with a smile.
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:"I am well, thank you for asking and for the compliment, Seppun-sama." she offered with another bow. "Today's challenge is a very interesting one. How has Seppun-sama's role as trainer gone today?"

"I cannot say I have done well as a teacher. I have attempted to educate those I have spoken with, but with all that has happened during my time here..." Hideo sighed gently "I don't believe I have truly done a good enough job."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 am

Kakita Nanami wrote:She gave the Iuchi another bow, "This one is pleased to meet you. I am Kakita Nanami." She gave a polite smile as she turned back to the Moshi.

"Of course, Moshi-san. Such a display would be of great benefit to the Unicorn, I am sure. I would hate for one of their priests to be called into such a duel without understanding what it is."

"I explained to Iuchi sama one thatnis developing in Isawa lands. So not many are aware of their mechanics. So we shall do.the traditional way." She looked at the Iuchi. "In hope you understand. It will be some what a flashy display." She notes Aramoro and Hideo but Hideo seemed to be talking to another crane so she called Aramoro. "Seppun Aramoro sam... would you be so kind to direct the duel as a magistrate would?"
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:13 am

Saksaha makes her way to the dueling field with a dark ball of doggy fluff bumbling along in her wake. She'd heard something about a demonstration of shugenja magic and is curious--but seeing such a large crowd already gathered, she finds a spot quietly on the outer edge of the group.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:14 am

Things appeared to be preparing to get ready to start, and the she-pup under her care was too tired to take much more direction at the moment. She scooped up the little fluff ball and carried her closer, hanging back enough that she could not be perceived to be in the way.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:46 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:"I am well, thank you for asking and for the compliment, Seppun-sama." she offered with another bow. "Today's challenge is a very interesting one. How has Seppun-sama's role as trainer gone today?"

"I cannot say I have done well as a teacher. I have attempted to educate those I have spoken with, but with all that has happened during my time here..." Hideo sighed gently "I don't believe I have truly done a good enough job."

"I don't know about that, Seppun-sama. It's always hard to measure one's efforts against what could have happened but didn't. The clash of cultures between the Unicorn and the rest of the Empire could have led to much more serious conflict. Instead, we have one duel? Surely things could have gone worse than that." she suggests.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:06 am

"We are always our own worst critics, ne?" Hideo nodded "but you are indeed correct, although I would like to believe we could have avoided that also. Alas, perhaps I won't quite be the sensei my father was."

He watched the puppy running around, "for man or animal" he chuckled.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I explained to Iuchi sama one thatnis developing in Isawa lands. So not many are aware of their mechanics. So we shall do.the traditional way." She looked at the Iuchi. "In hope you understand. It will be some what a flashy display." She notes Aramoro and Hideo but Hideo seemed to be talking to another crane so she called Aramoro. "Seppun Aramoro sam... would you be so kind to direct the duel as a magistrate would?"

Aramoro gives a nod in appreciation for the honour. "I would do so gladly." Before approaching the circles he summons the Fire kami around himself to help him remember what he has read on the subject before, but this only brings a pale shade to his face for a few moments. After, he steps to the middle of the circle waiting for the parties to stand across each other at length.

Whilst the duellists prepare he address the crowd. "Let it be known that this is a taryu-jiai, a duel involving the summoning of kami and asking them to assail ones opponenet. Let it be known, this is a merely a demonstration, the victor will not have proven any point of dispute, but only his or her skill at taryu-jiai. Let it be known that the participants accept the possibility of grievous injury or even death, that being the volatile nature of taryu-jiai."

He steps out of the circle and motions the crowd back a few feet. "The kami, when roused they tend to attack any person, not always the attended target. And please keep your pups restrained, the flashes and noise might startle them."

Quicken Mind17 Fail
Lore: Taryu-jiai 15
Orating the Event 13
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:03 am

Moving back a few more feet, she checks that the little she-pup is safely cradled in her arms. Without a spare hand to hold her fan, she cannot hide the deep concern that shadows her face.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 am

Dong-Ha followed the proceedings with great curiosity, yet made no comments as if not to disturb the duelists. The questions would come later.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Fukawa picked up Takahiro as it was apparent that people were going to start invoking the kami dramatically. Takahiro whimpered as the shugenja started their show of power and tried to burrow into Fukawa's kimono. She held him firmly, however. Having her kimono opened in public for the dog to hide in was not happening.

She nodded at the Seppun's words in agreement, but held off on comment as the kami were being invoked.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 pm

"This will certainly be an interesting show" Hideo commented quietly as he watched the announcements "if you have not seen a magic duel before Doji-san, I would suggest watching closely."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Asakiko looked at Akira and sighed. "Iuchi sama would you take care of Akira san?" She motioned to the pup.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:30 pm

She nodded to the Iuchi as well, "Could you also keep an eye on Kogoro-san, Iuchi-san? He has been... troublesome for me, so far, but I would hate to cause any injury to him. She looked to the little black pup that had been toddling after her; she wasn't sure she liked the creature yet.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:Asakiko looked at Akira and sighed. "Iuchi sama would you take care of Akira san?" She motioned to the pup.

"Of course Moshi-san." Dong-Ha nodded, reaching for the puppy. Figuring Doggo might be jealous if this attention, he also picked his dog up, ending up with a dog under each of his arms.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields