Why? (D8, LE, expecting)

Re: Why? (D8, LE, expecting)

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Taira laughed, darkly.

"Hai, we do. If I thought them willing to accept the offer, I'd have taken action myself, as it is, I warned Ide Dabo-sama. I haven't the authority to do more..."

A soft sigh.

"I checked Moto-san for any marks of darkness when I did my checkup. She appears unmarred, though I will keep an eye out, still."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:24 pm

"What offer? What are you talking about?" Yue took a breath. "What is Ide-sama going to do?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:57 pm

"I can only assume say no."

Taira rubbed the bridge of his nose with his good hand. "He certainly didn't seem the type to say yes. I don't know what offer, exactly... only that it was unwise to consider it."

Looking at Yue, he aded, "I have done all I know to do. Given warning and instruction... now it will come to the Unicorn to prove themselves."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm

"Is there nothing we can do? We cannot allow this to stand! Taira-dono, it is forbidden! Even I know that!" Yue shook her head. "I do not think he would be so foolish."

She let out a harsh sigh and looked to the pond. "What can we do now?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:30 pm

"Be vigilant. If Moto-san or any of the others bring up a desire to pursue the matter further... give notice to the Kuni, Asako, or Jade office. Be ready to stop them yourself if necessary."

Shrugging, Taira added, "As I said, I've done what I can, but my authority is slim to none here. I can only advise, and observe and stand ready. Perhaps the desire of the dark one to tempt them has kept him from more direct action, and accordingly, it may be that if his offer is not accepted, the Unicorn may avoid any further trouble from this."

That was optimistic, but it was all he had.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 pm

"If that is the case, then I will want you by my side, Taira-dono." Yue let out a sigh. "If you still trust me. You are more knowledgeable than I am on the Empire and its proceedings. Together we might be able to keep my Clan out of peril." She reached for one of his hands. "You said that I could depend on you. I hope I can have your aid in this."
Last edited by Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 pm

"Of course. I have given the Unicorn my utmost effort in this matter."

He took the offered hand, adding, "No matter what happened when the miai ends, you can rely on me to provide any aid I can in this matter. I am determined that the Unicorn should not share the fate of the Snake."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 pm

"The Snake?" Yue shook her head. The details did not matter to her. "Together. I do not want to send letters back and forth. I want you to be my husband." She took a breath. "However, I want your blessing on the matter. I do not want to choose you unless you are certain."

The Shinjo squeezed the hand given to her. "We have a couple more days. You do not need to decide tonight."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Taira's hand was shaking slightly, his expression pale.

His body did not forget the water he say by, even if his mind did. Meeting her gaze, he offered, quietly, "The Snake were a minor clan once."

Leaning in, ever so slightly, he muttered, "They are no more..."

There was not a great deal of space left between them as he watched her face.

"Is that truly what you want? I'm a jealous man. I cannot stand to imagine my wife turning to another."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Liu Yue looked into his eyes. "I made you jealous last night," she concluded. She then looked away, her mind turning to Mizuki. Nothing with the Yogo had gone as expected. And so, there was a part of the Shinjo that wanted to cave into Desire. She wanted to marry HIrase and have long escapades away from him with her dear, beautiful Scorpion.

But she had resolved to be a good wife. Desire is unbecoming of a samurai. She repeated that mantra in her head until she looked back to him. "I told you I would not folly. I have not changed my mind."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 pm

"Would you like to?"

He sighed.

"According to my cousins, coming to arrangements is... not uncommon for individuals who feel as you do. You could have that."

Clasping her hand, he fixed her with a gaze that was more steady than his hand.

"Why me? Why hold on to me in the face of what you feel? You could satisfy your duty in other ways, if you really wished to. What makes this path the one you choose?" Is it a desire that will carry you for a life-time?

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:42 am

"I trust you. That is the reason." Yue turned her eyes away, the intensity unsettling her. "Taira-dono, I find you to be an entertaining person to converse with. I think you are capable in various duties and you are compassionate." She let out a sigh. "I think you would be a good husband to help manage the household.

"However, it is unfair for me to press any unhappiness onto you. You could marry another woman of my Clan. She is likely to be capable of reciprocating your feelings." She left out the thought that Taira might not be attracted to this mystery woman. "However, would you want me to reject you and marry the Crab? Would you have me marry the Asako who told me he accepted my attraction to other women?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:01 am

Taira looked tormented, not that she could see, as she looked away.

Leaning back, resting his back against the earth of the crater rim, he sighed, wearily. "Perhaps you would be happier if you did."

He struggled for words.

"I don't... I don't know. I don't know what is best anymore. I thought that the miai would be straightforward, but instead it is a maze and I am not sure where I wish to go."

Clenching his bandaged fist against his leg, he concluded. "I don't have an easy answer for you. Perhaps you should see what they think... perhaps ask your sister. My knowledge doesn't extend to happiness and love, only wounds of the body."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:19 am

"I spoke to my sister before. She told me to find a partner rather than a lover for my marriage." She gave a faint smile. "She thinks I will be a good partner for my husband. And I believe that you would be a good husband."

She let out a sigh. "Perhaps we will not have to worry about this, Taira-dono. I may be chosen early on."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 am

"Perhaps, but relying on that is unfair to you."

He clasped his shaking right hand with his bandaged left, trying to sort through what he was feeling.

"I do not have a good answer... not yet. I will have one for you before the final day, but as it stands... I do not know myself any longer."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall