Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:59 am

Yuzuki had watched the duel with her trademarked inability to be impressed by anything. At least, that's what it probably looked like. At its conclusion, she bent down and started playing with the puppy by her side.

"You have no need for duels, Katsuo," she told it. "You are khan of khans. Before whom all will tremble and whom none will dare challenge to a duel."

Katsuo barked.

"Roll over!"

Katsuo barked.

"N-no. Roll... over."

Katsuo panted.

"Never mind."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 am

She chuckles at the Mantis and Lion as she approaches on her steed with a smirk. She says, "I am glad this mess is done."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm

As the events stampeded on, Taira moved over to the Otaku, expression bland but business-like aura undeniable.

It was time for the doctor to do what doctors do.

Approaching Kitakuhime, he bowed, and said, simply, "If you would, Otaku-sama, I should tend that cut."
Last edited by Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:Aramoro had observed the duel sternly and unmoved. He was stoic in anticipation to see what is destined to happen. After the strike, he gave a clear nod in approval. This is how it should be.

He walks over to Mei and her Ide friend. He takes a deep bow "Miya-san, and so the Heavens have confirmed what we believe to be the right way." a slight smirk appears on his face "and may I add, your skill as an artist did not disappoint."

"And greetings to you Unicorn-san, this one is Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial Families. A shame we only meet so late into the Miai."

Mei bows.

"I am glad you could witness, Seppun-san. I do wish I had cut a little less deep, I think I can still improve that ability."

Mei rolls her wrist around to loosen it.

"It is difficult to ensure the momentum of the draw is not carried through to the strike."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm

She looked up at Khulun, leaving Katsuo to his own devices again.

"Hmm, yes. Duels are rarely pleasant."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:She chuckles at the Mantis and Lion as she approaches on her steed with a smirk. She says, "I am glad this mess is done."

Kogo nods, her face calm and stern. "Best done quickly. Kakita trained duelists are notorious for their abilities."

And for their love of throwing other's honor in the dirt for their own gain.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:
Seppun Aramoro wrote:"And greetings to you Unicorn-san, this one is Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial Families. A shame we only meet so late into the Miai."

She bows gracefully, "well meet, Seppun-sama, your presence honours my Clan and my family."

He gives a deep bow in accepting her praise.

Mei bows.

"I am glad you could witness, Seppun-san. I do wish I had cut a little less deep, I think I can still improve that ability."

Mei rolls her wrist around to loosen it.

"It is difficult to ensure the momentum of the draw is not carried through to the strike."

He briefly looks at her wrist. "That is an ability I can barely fathom, restraining one's strike surely hinders speed?" He waves off the thought realising the technique would be lost on him.

"It is good that this happened, it is a lesson best taught by visual and consequential demonstration, better yet it was an actual honour duel. Now the Unicorn, and perhaps even some of the older clans, seen and learned that stray words and risque behaviour have serious consequences. Hence why I would argue that drawing blood is favourable, to remind all that a life means little compared to honour."

He again looks at her wrist: "I hope you did not injure yourself with the strike?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Yuzuki wrote:She looked up at Khulun, leaving Katsuo to his own devices again.

"It wasn't so bad, clean and quick," she says with a shrug.
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods, her face calm and stern. "Best done quickly. Kakita trained duelists are notorious for their abilities."

"I see that now," she says keeping her eyes on the Miya.

"She is still an odd bird."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:She looked up at Khulun, leaving Katsuo to his own devices again.

"It wasn't so bad, clean and quick," she says with a shrug.
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods, her face calm and stern. "Best done quickly. Kakita trained duelists are notorious for their abilities."

"I see that now," she says keeping her eyes on the Miya.

"She is still an odd bird."

Kogo nods. "That is...one way to put it."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:As the events stampeded on, Taira moved over to the Otaku, expression bland but business-like aura undeniable.

It was time for the doctor to do what doctors do.

Approaching Kitakuhime, he bowed, and said, simply, "If you would, Otaku-sama, I should tend that cut."

Outside the sacred area the dueling circle is located, she stops her departure before mounting Gekko. "Gomen. Soshi-san wouldn't be able."

She nods, and mounts up.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Taira raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a doctor, Otaku-sama. All I ask is that you let me ensure it not grow any worse."

With a faint sigh, he added, "I care not for the duel... that cut has the potential for serious complications. It was a poor choice of location for her to strike, as it could get worse if left untreated."

"Please, Otaku-sama."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Damn. Now I need to dismount!

She looks at him furiously, and dismounts. Her hands still hold the reins tight, as Gekko looks curiously to the doctor. She offer Taira her neck for observation.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:58 pm

"I will be quick. Thank you."

Drawing his supplies, he stepped closer, reaching up and gently wiping the wound with a salve, both coagulant and cleaning, before giving her a quick bandage about her neck, marveling at how thin it was.

Women were amazing.

"I cannot promise it won't scar, but you will be safe from infection. If you get worse, let me know and I'll come right away... and know that a duel is just a moment, which passes in haste. Life moves past them faster than most realize..."

____

OOC: Healed : 11 wounds.

Soshi Taira

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:33 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"From what Butaj understands of those stories, it's because of that separation that we lost Lady Shinjo."

"I sorrow to hear that. The return of a Kami would have heralded more celebration than any could now think of. I do hope that you, all the Unicorn, come together with those that remained, to be all that much stronger."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 am

"Thank you. We have not separated ever since, and have learned to live on our own strengths, but we still heed the laws she laid for us." Butaj says earnestly and bows his head, but then brightens at the thought of what he is about to say. "Butaj hopes so to, that the Unicorn and the Clans of the East can find common tongue. And Butaj? Butaj wishes and hopes to come together with Asako Yuki and become one of the Asako. We love each other dearly as we admitted yesterday and Butaj is convinced this will be a strong bond, just like Seppun Hitako suggests. Butaj understands Iuchi Dong-Ha is your preferred Unicorn to take home. Is it because of the jinn?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields