Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 am

Butaj tucks his fiddle at the saddle and dismounts to return the courtesy in the way his impaired etiquette can allow for. "Butaj is glad to see Seppun Hitako. What's happened here is over, Miya Mei cut Princess Kitaku and by what Butaj understands she has proven something this way, though Butaj is not sure what exactly." He sighs. "Butaj wishes it was bariqu. Butaj thinks there's no need to shed blood between friends each time there is a need to talk something through."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 am

"Bariqu? I'm afraid I don't know that word."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 am

"It's a Moto way Lady Shinjo saw as good and asked the Ki-Rin to follow. Contention, ambition, people not understanding they talk about the same thing just differently - it always happens, and there must be a way to resolve it. But Lady Shinjo would not have us spill blood over any squabble. Bariqu is bloodless, the better wrestler is the one who is at right, and there is no ill after this, but restored friendship. Butaj now sees here in the East blades are pulled on enemies and friends alike. How can Miya Mei be not one of ours when she sang her heart out to Kemuri and Kemuri did the same for her? Butaj won't argue that it's been done wrong. But if this is right, Butaj wants less spoiling of what then needs to be made right." He sighs, sniffing exasperation in as he watches Kitakuhime leave.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:36 am

Hitako thinks about it for a moment. "I think... the idea is the same. But, when traveling, you have to have everyone still there the next morning, and still related. So, bariqu, that an argument occurs, then the bariqu, then it is over, until the next time an argument occurs. Where as, here, there are many, and we are not all as related. Additionally, if it requires blood, and most duels are to first blood, then you have to think carefully about your words before you say them. If they are in anger, you may have to defend them well, or bleed. So, less about family, more about many people living together that often disagree with each other, but having to either be prepared to bleed, or speak carefully."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 am

Butaj nods. "Butaj thinks this speak carefully too often means don't speak what your heart tells you. Butaj has met some duplicitous people already, not willing to tell Butaj how things are, the truth. Butaj thought they were spiting Butaj. But it looks like they were just afraid of someone spilling their blood for it."

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 am

"Oh, yes. There are some that are very duplicitous, and others that take advantage of this system. But, I'm thinking there could be those that would take advantage of the bariqu system, as well. Since the cost is less, there is less need to hold one's tongue when one should. And there will always be times to hold one's tongue. There are always those that will take advantage of all systems."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:48 am

Butaj nods with a smile. "Butaj thinks so too. Princess Kitaku offered bariqu to Miya Mei but she refused. Maybe if she had understood what Seppun Hitako understands things would have been different today. And when people wrestle more and cut less when they quarrel, there is less room for the duplicitous to have their way. Because Butaj thinks some just like seeing others being cut in rows so they don't have to cut them themselves. And so they breed contention so that there would be more blood spilled. There's been a lot of bad rumors about the Unicorn and Butaj now wonders whose business was it to make us look bad."

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:52 am

"Hmm. And if Butaj-san discovered who was passing the rumors, would he prefer to threaten them with a bariqu, where they would wrestle, then the next day spread more rumors, or threaten them with a sword, where if they spread more rumors, they might end up with their guts decorating their sandals?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 am

Butaj shakes his head. "Butaj would do neither of these things. He would bring the knowledge to those wiser than him in the Clan to decide, but he would never trust that someone's word again, and would not extend friendship. All the Unicorn would be wary of that someone, and decision would be made how to deal with it. This is how we have always dealt with our enemies, together. This is how we have prevailed."

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 am

Aramoro had observed the duel sternly and unmoved. He was stoic in anticipation to see what is destined to happen. After the strike, he gave a clear nod in approval. This is how it should be.

He walks over to Mei and her Ide friend. He takes a deep bow "Miya-san, and so the Heavens have confirmed what we believe to be the right way." a slight smirk appears on his face "and may I add, your skill as an artist did not disappoint."

"And greetings to you Unicorn-san, this one is Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial Families. A shame we only meet so late into the Miai."
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj shakes his head. "Butaj would do neither of these things. He would bring the knowledge to those wiser than him in the Clan to decide, but he would never trust that someone's word again, and would not extend friendship. All the Unicorn would be wary of that someone, and decision would be made how to deal with it. This is how we have always dealt with our enemies, together. This is how we have prevailed."

"But... did not another tell me your families spent much time apart, splitting to find new ways to return to Rokugan?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 am

"That had been a long time ago, and then we reunited and promised never to split again because the cost was too high. Or so Butaj thinks it was, this is what is told." He looks down and turns visibly gloomy.

Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:27 am

"Why so sad over a tale of long ago? They are useful, tales, but rarely should make one so sad."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:35 am

Seppun Aramoro wrote:"And greetings to you Unicorn-san, this one is Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial Families. A shame we only meet so late into the Miai."

She bows gracefully, "well meet, Seppun-sama, your presence honours my Clan and my family."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 am

"From what Butaj understands of those stories, it's because of that separation that we lost Lady Shinjo."

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields