Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:12 am

Mei returns the bow.

"I approached you to help you prevent further rumors. I issued the challenge for your denial of my offer, which was a grave insult to myself and my name."

"What exactly are you asking me to recant? It was I who challenged you, Otaku-sama, not the other way around."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 am

"It really doesn't make a difference, does it? You're ofdended because your ego is too ridiculous big and you want to show off flashing that blade. I am offended you had absolutely no respect for my Clan with your careless words and childsish behavior. Let's go on with this. Apologize or show me your stance, you piece of shit!"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:32 am

"My ego is big? You are the one who refused help from someone who knew better! You asked just moments ago if I was offended by you correcting me. And what did I say, Otaku-sama? No. Of course I wasn't. When someone knows better and is just trying to help it is sensless to be offended"

Mei shakes her head again.

"You may be right that I wish to show off my skills. I will give you that. But there are reasons for this as well. Heaven will show today that I have the best intention for you and your clan."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35 am

Soshi Taira wrote:Spotting the Ide, he bowed, "Ide-san. I thought I should be here, just in case."

"Again, you prove your consideration and generosity. The Unicorn are surely in your debt. Thank you, Taira-sama." She bowed as well. As the pair enters the field, concern fills her eyes and she draws her fan to guard her face.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:38 am

Taira swore under his breath. "Kuso... bloody fools"

"I guess my services may be needed after all."

With a soft sigh, he crossed his arms, waiting to see what fate would befall the two women.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:39 am

"You were about to scold someone because they sang a song you didn't like just to dig up a reason for a duel. I take no offense in being taught, of course: you didn't want to teach. You know that."

The Otaku shakes her head. "I'm waiting for you. Apology or duel?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 am

"You are wrong, and you still throw accusations at me. I was not going to scold. I was going to explain!"

Mei motions to all gathered.

"The samurai of the Empire have already slandered amd rumored about your clan relentlessly! So much so EVERY ONE of the Unicorn present have lost standing in this miai!"

"The Shinjo, you, and the Moto...who cares who you sang for?! We all were already shamed from having to be so blatent. I wanted to talk a few steps away from the crowd to help the three of you all explain yourselves in a way the courtiers of the Empire wouldnt continue to ridicule your clan."

She scoffs

"Hear the rumors today, Otaku-sama? Had you listened and let me help, those could have been prevented."

"I appologize to you? No. You can bow before me and admit your arrogance and foolheartiness in turning down an ally. Else my challenge stands."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 am

Kitakuhime stays silent from now on. Too much argument over something that could be simply solved. She just wanted to word some truths before everyone else would have to pretend they aren't true just because Mei was trained in an art Kitakuhime had no need to have since their arrival.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 am

Khulun pushes forward and waits for this to be settled or the word to cut the cur down as she rests her hand on Massacre casually.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 am

Mei nods.

"It seems the reason for our disagreement stands."

Mei clears her throat and addresses all present:

"Then in the timeless tradition of the ancestors of the Empire, and by the law the Son of Heaven has set forth, let us settle our dispute. Should heaven side with Miya Mei, it is proof that Otaku Kitakuhime was arogant and foolhearty, turning down an ally, thus owning an appology"

"Should heaven side with Otaku Kitakuhime, it is proof Miya Mei is a baseless slanderer and show off, wanting only to make a show and give the Unicorn an unwarranted bad name, thus owing an appology"

She bows low to Kitakuhime.

"It is time."

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, placing her right hand, palm up, on the hilt of her katana.

----Rolls----
[D8 LA] Acting, hamming it up for the crowd: 4d10o10k3 23

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 am

She shivers slightly at Mei's announcement, this is really happening, she thinks in shock.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 am

Yatta, yatta, yatta. Otaku-shyrio was indeed wise. Better not to say anything at all and deal with what really matters. All these sycophants want is attention.

Kitakuhime almost turns her eyes over her head with the 'artistic' display.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:10 am

Udo looks back to Yuuru, and says in the silence so others can hear, without quite being loud.

"I heard many rumors today, is that what they're fighting over? It seems strange. We were all asked to show understanding at this reunion of the Clans, and for it to end up in a duel because of the mere whispering of others?"
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 am

Mei opens her eyes and levels them at Kitakuhime, observing how she could possibly strike.

"I...I can't tell a thing"

She whispers to herself

----Rolls----
[D8 LA] Initiative, + Kakita 1: 5d10o10k4+4 30
[D8 LA] Iaijutsu (Assessment) + Inheritance. TN15: 6d10o10k4 14

Stance: Center
TN 25

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:25 am

Kitakuhime closes her eyes, and maintains her silence.

--
Initiative vs Mei: 4d10o10k3 17
Iaijutsu (Assessment)/Awareness TN 15: 4d10o10k3 25 +1k1 on Focus (VP)

Stance: Center
TN: 20

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields