Another Day, Another Drink [Day 8 EM]

Re: Another Day, Another Drink [Day 8 EM]

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 pm

If he gave any indication of a concern, Fei's brow would simply raise as if to question it. Otherwise, the young woman remained currently unaware.

Fei's wide grin when he asked gave it all away, just at the perfect moment. "Ah, Iuchi Yukarin, yes. In fact, a day prior to our last little one of these moments," she paused to take a drink mid-sentence. Fei enjoyed her teasing a little too much sometimes. "I was there when she had mentioned a certain Yasuki Tomonaga as being her favored suitor."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Tomonaga couldn't help but grin. "Well. Well well." He said. "That is good news. Assuming it's still the case, of course. But I think it should be. I've seen her since then, and it went well. You could even say quite well." The grin couldn't quite seem to fade from his face.

He sighed. "Well, I plan to see her later. And I've made my declaration, in song form. I guess... wish me luck, Liu Fei-san?" He lifted his cup, ready to drink with her.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Following a personal belief of hers she topped off her drink to it's usual height and then raised it to match his, "Good luck Tomonaga-san, but I do not think you will need it."

With that, she drained the cup. Only way to insure the best of luck. At least, that's what she always believed.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Another grin at that, before he followed her example. His eyes grew a little wide, though, as he drank down the kumis.

"Actually-" The word came out a hoarse croak. Tomonaga cleared his throat. "Uh. Sorry. Actually..." He gave her a curious look. "Liu Fei-san... ummm... we can speak frankly with each other, yeah? I mean, we're at that point, right?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Fei gave the pause for everything to settle inside after drinking so much of a drink at that consistency so fast, "Of course Tomonaga-san," she said with an awkward grin. "We have shared our interests, stories that are embarrassing, and are currently sharing drink. Nothing is forbidden here," she said, truly seeming to believe that.

While she waited for him to elaborate she poured some more for them both.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:33 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:... Tomoe turned around to look ahead, the puppy still chasing her, and she didn't see the kneeling form of Yuuru until it was too late.

She tried to stop herself from the collision, but hit her foot on a log, causing her to stumble forward and crash right ontop of the Scorpion.

"Oow..."

The sudden weight from above nearly knocked him over but he planted an arm down on the ground and barely held them both up in the nick of time. Tomoe's wakizashi slipped from its obi and the butt of the hilt jabbed him in the ribs.

"Owowowow. Watch where you're running Bunny." He said as Saru began to bark cutely at the other dog.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:34 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Fei gave the pause for everything to settle inside after drinking so much of a drink at that consistency so fast, "Of course Tomonaga-san," she said with an awkward grin. "We have shared our interests, stories that are embarrassing, and are currently sharing drink. Nothing is forbidden here," she said, truly seeming to believe that.

While she waited for him to elaborate she poured some more for them both.

He gave her a slow nod. "Thank you, Liu Fei-san. You're a good friend." Still, he hesitated a few more moments.

Finally, he spoke. "It's just... when you told me that you were interested in a Bayushi, well, there really aren't that many choices, there. And, well, I heard the rumors." He shrugged, mildly apologetic, but it was clear he held no negative judgement for that. "The only problem is, unless something changes in these last few days, neither of you get to pick early. I'm concerned that one of you is going to get snapped up before you can choose each other."

He took another drink of the kumis, grimacing. He hadn't wanted to bring down the mood, but, well, it had been on his mind.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:50 pm

"Which ones?" she scoffed, chuckling roughly to show it wasn't directed at him, actually needing that answer as to the wild random claims that seemed to be floating around most recently.

"I am not an impressive woman," she paused," yet. I had little illusions that I would have my choice of a husband. If I am to be completely forthcoming here Tomonaga-san." Fei held the cup and looked at the drink inside, swishing it around a bit.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 am

Tomonaga waved a hand vaguely. "Just ones naming you two as lovers. I wouldn't be too concerned. People like to talk, but they like to talk about the newest thing. I imagine we'll be hearing about some other pair, next." Come to think of it, he thought he'd detected some giggles directed at him as he was leaving his yurt that morning.

His brows drew down at her self-deprecating comment. "I don't think that I'd agree with that..." He sighed. "But I don't make the rankings. Well, he's got a a bit of ranking. Perhaps he can pull ahead, make it work? I don't know." He sighed again. "Maybe a bit of luck is all that it'll take."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:21 am

Fei raised a brow but didn't hold it long. Satisfied with his answer she didn't feel the need to vocally add anything more to the first. As he said, she decided to pay it as little mind as she could manage.

"I might be an interesting woman Tomonaga-san," she said, "but I am not all that impressive at the things that we seem to be desiring to show off to the Empire for our skills. I cannot even speak for what the organizers had decided as the Shinjo tests, if they were trying to show off the skills of our Family. I am a Bushi, strong willed and well trained, but that is all. I am still learning Tomonaga-san."

"If he does," she lets out a sign, "If he does then I will be his wife. If he does not, then I will be anothers. However this ends I will no longer be a Shinjo."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 am

Tomonaga is silent as Liu Fei spoke, his expression neutral. Finally, as she finished, he nodded. "I continue to admire your spirit, Fei-san. I hope that you get the match you want, but if you don't, I'm confident that you'll excel wherever you end up." He took a deep drink of his kumis.

Lowering it, he sighed. "You okay with leaving the Shinjo?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:03 am

"More than I am leaving my sister," she gave as a the vaguest she desired to manage. Not the woman who wanted to admit to being too uncomfortable in so many words. After that she took a drink and looked to him.

"What of you Tomonaga-san, any concerns coming up from this Miai? Only fair that you share since mine seem so obvious to the public," she added the last as a bit of a tease.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 am

Tomonaga's eyes were sympathetic. But only for a moment. That wasn't what Liu Fei wanted, after all.

"Hmmm. Well. Maybe I should tell you another embarrassing story about myself to make up for it." In fact, he had one in mind. Tomonaga frowned. "But... yeah. You remember yesterday, I sang for Yukarin. But that was after Ide Samai-san sang for me." His frown turned into a grimace. "I don't really like hurting people, especially good people that I care about, like her." He shook his head. "That event... I don't know. I wonder how many people are gonna be having difficult conversations today."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:40 am

"Hope for that number to be few, and the understanding to take the day," she said in the more positive light, but before Tomonaga could start to think he has seen something he may never will Fei finished her comment.

"But there are better chances that half of the songs sung yesterday peeved someone. Half of them were women singing about women after all," she noted, but casually glossed over her own sisters involvement in that. After all, Yue had an excuse. Poor girl was too decent for her own good.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:The sudden weight from above nearly knocked him over but he planted an arm down on the ground and barely held them both up in the nick of time. Tomoe's wakizashi slipped from its obi and the butt of the hilt jabbed him in the ribs.

"Owowowow. Watch where you're running Bunny." He said as Saru began to bark cutely at the other dog.

Chibi-Usa wagged her tail, anticipating playtime, in response to Saru's barking.

Tomoe on the other hand had rolled off Yuuru, her wakizashi plopping unceremoniously on the ground. "Ow..." she felt for sure she'd have a bruise from this later.

"Why were you hiding in the grass, Monkey?" she grabbed at the collars of her kimono to quickly adjust them back into their proper place.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields