Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Miya Mei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 pm

"Of course I wasn't Otaku-sama. You know your clan and its history better than I. I wouldn't dare take offense when someone is more knowledgeable on a subject and mearly trying to help."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Perhaps the fortunes will favor your request,” she says with a nod.

“Have you found favor with one of our handsome suitors?”

"Ano...." Kogo stalls, knowing the Moto enough by now to know they value direct communication, but also knowing her situation. "I have...found favor, but the standings are not in my favor at this time. The Fortunes seem to be slightly obstinate to work on my behalf at this time. But there is still time and possibility."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"Of course I wasn't Otaku-sama. You know your clan and its history better than I. I wouldn't dare take offense when someone is more knowledgeable on a subject and mearly trying to help."

"Neither do I. I'm glad this is solved." She bows. "Lets wait until the magistrate arrives. Unfortunately, I will have to deny Miya-san's offer to have tea for now. Perhaps, after the duel?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Miya Mei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Mei gives a nod and returns the bow

"As you wish, Otaku-sama."

Mei pats the Otaku Steed she had been given the honor to ride on the shoulder.

"What a magnificent horse."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:"Ano...." Kogo stalls, knowing the Moto enough by now to know they value direct communication, but also knowing her situation. "I have...found favor, but the standings are not in my favor at this time. The Fortunes seem to be slightly obstinate to work on my behalf at this time. But there is still time and possibility."

“Hai, that seems to be a common place for may here,” she replies with a nod.

Khulun adds, “You have a good posture in the saddle, my sensei was harsh on me for such things. Always swearing and hitting with stick when I rode poorly. Good woman, bad stick.”

“Who teach you to ride so good?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:"Ano...." Kogo stalls, knowing the Moto enough by now to know they value direct communication, but also knowing her situation. "I have...found favor, but the standings are not in my favor at this time. The Fortunes seem to be slightly obstinate to work on my behalf at this time. But there is still time and possibility."

“Hai, that seems to be a common place for may here,” she replies with a nod.

Khulun adds, “You have a good posture in the saddle, my sensei was harsh on me for such things. Always swearing and hitting with stick when I rode poorly. Good woman, bad stick.”

“Who teach you to ride so good?”

Kogo relaxes slightly. "That sounds like a few senseis I have known. I had kinder ones here, namely Shinjo Monkhbaatar-san, Shinjo Akil-san and Shinjo Kemuri-san. Shinjo Monkhbaatar was very helpful in teaching me posture however and focused on it for our first lesson. I suspect he was right when he said it was foundational."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:She looks down at Katsuo and says to Yuzuki, “Who is your little warrior?”

"Katsuo, the conquerer," she said. And as if to lend weight to his name and impressive title, the puppy made his best attempt at a growl. It wasn't very intimidating.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Hearing of the bit of contention Yuuru decided to make a trip to see the contest. It was his first chance to see a Unicorn warrior in action. Even if it was the jittery princess it should be informative. He mingled in with the group of onlookers and watched with careful eyes.

Saru nipped at his heels as he picked up a stone and threw it for the dog to find and chase.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:57 pm

As Butaj continues to play, Torgi and Butajguluun get into an impromptu session of dog-ri-qu.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo relaxes slightly. "That sounds like a few senseis I have known. I had kinder ones here, namely Shinjo Monkhbaatar-san, Shinjo Akil-san and Shinjo Kemuri-san. Shinjo Monkhbaatar was very helpful in teaching me posture however and focused on it for our first lesson. I suspect he was right when he said it was foundational."

“Good rider, strong fighter,” she says about Monkhbaatar.

“You have many come to teach you, not surprised very pretty Matsu, and such fire in blood makes men quite amorous, it is known. It is base thing, good posture. Is that what found.. funda… foondationali mean?”
Yuzuki wrote:"Katsuo, the conquerer," she said. And as if to lend weight to his name and impressive title, the puppy made his best attempt at a growl. It wasn't very intimidating.

“Khan Katsuo, eh? Well met little soldier,” she tosses down some jerky for him to eat.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo relaxes slightly. "That sounds like a few senseis I have known. I had kinder ones here, namely Shinjo Monkhbaatar-san, Shinjo Akil-san and Shinjo Kemuri-san. Shinjo Monkhbaatar was very helpful in teaching me posture however and focused on it for our first lesson. I suspect he was right when he said it was foundational."

“Good rider, strong fighter,” she says about Monkhbaatar.

“You have many come to teach you, not surprised very pretty Matsu, and such fire in blood makes men quite amorous, it is known. It is base thing, good posture. Is that what found.. funda… foondationali mean?”
Yuzuki wrote:"Katsuo, the conquerer," she said. And as if to lend weight to his name and impressive title, the puppy made his best attempt at a growl. It wasn't very intimidating.

“Khan Katsuo, eh? Well met little soldier,” she tosses down some jerky for him to eat.

Kogo's ears blush a tinch, but she has continued styling her hair to hide them. "You do me honor Moto-san. And yes, it is like a base. A place where all things are built from." Kogo sees the Mantis and her dog and bows. "Good afternoon Yazuki-san."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Khan Katsuo, eh? Well met little soldier,” she tosses down some jerky for him to eat.

In time, chroniclers will tell of this moment. Of how it was in this very instant that Katsuo's defeat was forged. Though none at the time yet knew it, this one act of submission saw his sensei's authority undermined; her final lessons for the day to go unheeded as the spoils of tribute filled the conquerer's belly.

"Khan means conquerer?" Yuzuki asked, not knowing the depths of her failure.

She then turns to the Matsu.

"Yuzuki," she correct. "Well met, Matsu-san."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's ears blush a tinch, but she has continued styling her hair to hide them. "You do me honor Moto-san. And yes, it is like a base. A place where all things are built from." Kogo sees the Mantis and her dog and bows. "Good afternoon Yazuki-san."

“New word, thank you. I am curious are duels common in the Lion?” she asks.

She says to Yuzuki, "It is that and more, leader… conqueror, great soul… maybe like daimyo or general… all in one.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's ears blush a tinch, but she has continued styling her hair to hide them. "You do me honor Moto-san. And yes, it is like a base. A place where all things are built from." Kogo sees the Mantis and her dog and bows. "Good afternoon Yazuki-san."

“New word, thank you. I am curious are duels common in the Lion?” she asks.

She says to Yuzuki, "It is that and more, leader… conqueror, great soul… maybe like daimyo or general… all in one.”

Kogo thinks a moment. "They can be. Lions are keen to defend their honor, especially the Matsu. I have seen a few in my time." Kogo listens to the words the Moto addresses to the Mantis. "That is an intriguing word as well. Something new to add to my vocabulary."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm

"Duels are not unheard of anywhere, really. Perhaps among the Phoenix?"
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields