I would do anything for love...(D8, EM, Expecting, Closed)

I would do anything for love...(D8, EM, Expecting, Closed)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:52 am

Kogo finished cleaning the tent for the Doji's arrival. This is likely the worst idea I have ever had... She wore her kimono, not wanting to offend the Crane by her sturdy clothes, though she knew she would likely be outshined. She also wore her makeup, though those who had seen it before might note a slight increased thickness to the red line across her nose. Remember...a samurai is courteous. A samurai has no need to be cruel. A samurai is polite, even to his enemies.

She ushered Noburu out of the tent and finished her final preparations. Kami, I could use a little help today.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Re: I would do anything for love...(D8, EM, Expecting, Close

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:06 am

This is likely the worst idea I have ever had. thought Fukawa as she approached the yurt of Akil's backup girl. Her father would have told her that she should have pleaded a full schedule, and courteously declined the invitations until the miai passed. But given Akil's dedication to Honesty, she just couldn't bring herself to hide behind Courtesy for this one.

Even rich Crane's wardrobes had limits, apparently, while she had worn a different kimono every day this week, today she repeated an earlier one. Hopefully the Lion wouldn't notice and take it as an insult. It was a slightly darker Crane blue, with the white in star field patches. Her makeup and golden netsuke were on, as was the perfume, though this miai had taken a significant toll on her perfume stock.

Remember...a samurai is courteous. A samurai has no need to be cruel. A samurai is polite, even to his enemies.

Her small strides finally made their way to the Lion's yurt.
Doji grant me grace.

She scratched at the yurt, and awaited the Lion response.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:09 am

Kogo heard the scratch and gathered herself mentally. She put a welcoming smile on her face and went to the flap of the tent.
"Doji-sama, how good to see you this morning. Have you had rice today?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:18 am

She was met with a very polite, very neutral Crane On. Fukawa certainly did not want to risk a smile, let the Matsu think it was a gloating smile.

Fukawa bowed very politely.

"Matsu-san, my apologies for not having had the opportunity to formally introduce myself to you until now." she replied. "I am Doji Fukawa and it is an honor to meet you. Thank you for asking, I have had rice, and I hope that Inari has similarly blessed you."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 am

She nods, grimacing internally. Fine, fine just roll up and pretend you know her. That's great Kogo...

She bows to the Crane. "I apologize as well Doji-san. This one is Matsu Kogo. It is good that we are able to be formally introduced now. I have also enjoyed rice but I am glad to have good company on this fine morning."

Dear Kami, I sound strange even to myself.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:34 am

Fukawa blinked, and looked up briefly.

"Indeed, Matsu-san. It is a lovely day today. Much more pleasant than that rain we got four days ago. It seemed almost heavy enough to swim through mid-air that evening like a flying fish." she says.

She returns her gaze to the yurt, which she was still on the outside of.

"While our hosts' choice of lodgings is certainly different from what one is accustomed to, they certainly are effective at safeguarding one's possessions from the hostile elements." she says.

Or unwanted guests? she mentally wondered, waiting for the Lion to invite her inside.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 am

Kogo nods. "Indeed, they have their comforts. I am grateful for the change in the weather as well. It is pleasant to be able to be outside. However, not so pleasant that one should stay when there are better accomodations. Please, come in."

Just breathe Kogo.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:48 am

"Thank you, Matsu-san, I shall." she says before stepping in the yurt.

She briefly scanned the interior, curious to see how it differed from how she had set up her own.

"Would Matsu-san be agreeable to leaving the door open? It seems a shame to blot out the nice weather entirely." she suggested.

And the last thing we need after yesterday is a rumor that now we've....how did they say it? Joined the herd with no stallion? she thought, waiting on the Matsu's reply, and perhaps a brief description of the interior from the Matsu's player.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 am

Kogo's Yurt was set up in a simple fashion. A bed over in the farthest corner, made up of the blankets provided. Her daisho nearby, but in a place of honor atop a small chest, which likely holds her belongings. There is a small sitting area for guests obviously, with space for two individuals to sit across from each other and a variety of blankets and pillows. A small table (borrowed for this occasion) sits between the two seating areas, dividing them in a useful manner.

"Of course. It is a lovely day." She allows the Doji to choose her seating place first. There is a box of fresh sweets on the table and a few wild flowers lie on the table, adding a splash of color.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

Fukawa's eyes swept the tent finding flaws in the setup.

No proper daisho stand? Don't Lion normally treat their daisho like more than sharp bits of metal meant for killing? No using the flowers for ikebana? She really could have made a statement with those. Fukawa considered, not because she wanted to mock the Lion, but because her own hostess senses were drawn to finding and correcting these things when she hosted.

She took one of the offered seats.

"You've done a nice job adding your own personal touch to your quarters, Matsu-san." she said. "Not easy considering the...somewhat austere nature of the village itself."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Kogo isn't sure whether she's been complimented or not but decides to let it flow on. "Yes, I was unable to carry much in the way of decoration when I came, so it is barer than I would like. I am sure it is nothing like what you are used to Doji-san."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:25 pm

A small shake of the head.

"Not entirely true, Matsu-san, I've been living in similar conditions in a yurt not so far from here for the past week as well." she offered, trying to build on common ground. "Not to mention having to come from farther with more steps."

She looks curiously at the Lion.

"Might I ask where Matsu-san is from? Lion lands are vast, and I'm sure not every Lion lives in it's family's castle." she asked, endeavoring to keep the conversation on things the Matsu might be positive about.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Kogo nods. "Lion lands are closer than many others to this miai. And it is a good question. I hail from Shiro Matsu, though my family had occasionally traveled as a child, while my parents served their lords. Prior to this, I spent some time in the Akodo court, learning more of my cousin's ways before attending the miai." Sanding off the rough edges as mother called it...

"What of you Doji-san? Where did you walk from with your many steps?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

"Ah, I am fresh from my parents' estate near Kyuden Doji." she admits. "The journey to this miai is the furthest I've ever been from home. Though the Unicorn certainly win the prize for longest journey to the miai if you count their entire ride. It did take them a handful of centuries to get here after all."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Kogo smiles, noting the Crane's humor. You have grace Doji-san. One cannot deny that. "Yes, I suspect that they have many stories to tell of their journeys. I have heard a few, but not as many as I would like. Shinjo Hanashi-sama is quite a storyteller."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Next

Return to Northern Yurts