Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:53 pm

That Otaku Imane did not sing a song for Kaizen was no surprise on two levels. They had only spoken once, though she enjoyed his music. Second his own singing attempt was not quite passable by Moto standards and likely embarrassing by Shiotome standards. Still among those Unicorn maidens at the miai she had been the most fun to talk to so far. That she had selected the Badger, well apparently they had some thing going and Kaizen would not interfere. Besides if he is here this all may be for nothing...
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:Ah, so she approaches... He bows in return, meeting the depth exactly. "A pleasure to meet you, Doji-san. I found your song quite wonderful. A shame we have not had the opportunity to properly meet before now, neh?" Winning smile was engaged, pose was perfect. All was prepared.

"Truly a shame... I had hoped we would encounter one another sooner rather than later, but..." She gave her best smile. "I suppose this is also an effective way to draw an eye. I am grateful to hear that my song was pleasing to you."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He looked at her and a small smile surfaced. "You did."

"She will be a perfect wife but..." he sighed "our union wouldn't be as ours. You... compliment me. You heard my song. I felt each and every of those words. You are the wind that fans my fire."

"I simply did not have that with her."

*SPLOOSH*

Well now this big lug had to go and be the sweetest freaking human being on the planet. Was she blushing, probably… damn it… no that was rage… cheeky rage welling up in her heart and other places… and now she was staring and there was silence and she was supposed to say something meaningful and romantic.

This would be so easy not to be her swooning Ide cousin if he was not so damn… Nintoku.

Say something woman… she mutters, “You… cuter than goat.”

Nailed it.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 pm

He had half expected the Moto to punch him or to lunge towards him but he had not been prepared for what had happened; she had been deprived of words.

The Matsu also blushed and for the following moments he awkwardly fumbled words to keep the conversation going opting to remain silent after he realized none were to be found.

"You know," he sheepishly added. "I haven't forgotten your fan. I just... its hard to make it. I think the outside of my yoruto looks like a graveyard of would-be fans."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 pm

“There is so much adorable I am willing to take,” she says with a shake of her head.

“I…” she stops and then says, “I am… do you need help with those? We can make them together?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Kitakuhime notices familiar voices singing, and she listens to both Misa and Imane with much attention. A tiny smile starts to return to her.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 pm

He pondered "Well I did promise you a fan but I guess I will also have to receive your fan..."

"Sure, it will be a good activity. Though you have to promise not to destroy the fans," he admonished. "Trust me it will be harder than it sounds."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Butaj hopes that good men like you will still have a chance to show their prowess to those they need to impress. Maybe tomorrow? Butaj will be disappointed if it's not bariqu." He leans in. "Butaj has some experience in arranging meetings between Unicorn maidens and their hopefuls. Do you need Butaj's help in this?"

Yuuru bid Amaya farewell when she slipped away and then turned back to Butaj, "No fine Moto-san, I'm fine thank you. I've got three women in mind and have developed rapport with each of them. I think any of them wouldn't be disappointed by ending up with me, but I need to talk to them a bit more to make sure they are excited about the prospect if possible."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"The author recently married into your clan, yes, wedding the war hero Asako Kashiwagi," Tomoe nodded. "But such might have made it more difficult to get a hold of her works, as there might be a bigger demand for them. If Asako-san has found a liking to the story, I couldn't bring myself to part it from you! It really is no trouble at all, Asako-san, for the written word is to be shared." Tomoe offered a second time. It wasn't exactly a traditional gift-giving, but the Asako girl seemed like she needed this sort of help and friendship with another woman, and Tomoe was only happy to offer what she could.

Yuki smiled. "We do not even know if I like the books yet. We will wait to talk of giving them until I at least have finished them, then?" Yuki had lowered her hand, suitably distracted for the moment from other matters that her blush had once more faded to a more pleasant pink. She did truly seem to enjoy the Usagi's company.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:55 pm

"Ah." Tomoe chuckled and bopped herself on the head. "... You're absolutely right. And this is why I have a tortoise to remind me I'm getting ahead of myself. Just a shame Ganko-chan cares not for the arts."

"Still, I would be happy to let you keep them if they are to your enjoyement. As a sign of a beginning friendship perhaps?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo notes the chuckling and is unsure of how to respond, particularly with her own gaffes on her mind. "I suspect that for some, it is a time of great chance. Gempukku is accomplished, we are adults. But there is still a great deal to learn. " She nods at his words on duty. "You speak wisely Kitsu-san."

"But I believe you were curious about the effects of the songs, Matsu-san." Tomonaga said. "Well, as for that..." He grimaced, lowering his voice a little. "Since the subjects of the songs are public knowledge, I suppose it's also public knowledge that several of the Unicorn sung for women of their own clan." He gives a shrug.

"Anyway, it seems there is to be a duel over it. Or so I heard. Couldn't have missed it, what with all the yelling." He shrugged again. This day was shaping up very strangely indeed.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He pondered "Well I did promise you a fan but I guess I will also have to receive your fan..."

"Sure, it will be a good activity. Though you have to promise not to destroy the fans," he admonished. "Trust me it will be harder than it sounds."

“I think you speak from experience, I think I will manage, I am quite talented at many things. I am going to paint a pretty goat on yours,” she says with a manic glee.

“The prettiest most handsome goat.”

“Tomorrow!” she says with excitement.
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Kogo's eyes widen slightly. "Ahh....That could be...complex." She pauses, unsure of what to say. "Who is dueling?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's eyes widen slightly. "Ahh....That could be...complex." She pauses, unsure of what to say. "Who is dueling?"

"Otaku Kitakuhime-sama and, uh, Miya Mei-san?" Tomonaga said. He'd noted Kitakuhime as being a prominent Unicorn woman, but he hadn't heard of Mei before she'd yelled her name.

He shrugged again. "Hope they can work it out. Dueling seems inauspicious at this event, somehow." He gave a wry smile. "Although, I bet that's another thing that happens a lot at miais, actually."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's eyes widen slightly. "Ahh....That could be...complex." She pauses, unsure of what to say. "Who is dueling?"

"Otaku Kitakuhime-sama and, uh, Miya Mei-san?" Tomonaga said. He'd noted Kitakuhime as being a prominent Unicorn woman, but he hadn't heard of Mei before she'd yelled her name.

He shrugged again. "Hope they can work it out. Dueling seems inauspicious at this event, somehow." He gave a wry smile. "Although, I bet that's another thing that happens a lot at miais, actually."

Kogo controls her reaction better this time. "Otaku-sama...I cannot imagine her doing such a thing without cause. I do not know this Miya-sama unfortunately. " Her face looks slightly graver. "I agree, this does seem inauspicious."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields