(Day 6, LM) Living on the Edge (Expecting)

Re: (Day 6, LM) Living on the Edge (Expecting)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:36 pm

"Oooh." Butaj doesn't know how to feel about it that Kitaku was giving Misa rides. Probably there is no need to feel anything about it at all, except a bit of jealousy that Huludai's impressiveness has already been outbid by Gekko. Misa's closeness and tender whispering make everything better, and a more genuine, eager smile soon returns. "We can't really ignore what Princess Kitaku wants, can we?" It is his time to tease a little. His hand finds hers.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

"Especially not on matters of Unicorn pride Butaj-san." She squeezed his hand back a moment before slipping her hand free to reach for Huludai's saddle and finding the horn. She tugged herself up into the saddle a bit awkwardly, sitting side saddle on it.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

Butaj doesn't understand this riding position but it looks... appealing. Very maidenly. Maybe it could work. He pulls a bit of saddlecloth from under the saddle and unfurls it, then hops on Huludai behind her. He reaches around her for the reins, giving her a frame she would not fall out of. "Is this how Misa rode with Princess Kitaku, without straddling?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Misa gave a small nod. "I held onto the horn tight and she was a bit careful. I suppose I could try putting a leg over, but I trust Butaj-san to keep me safe." She looked back to favor him with a smile.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 pm

"Butaj will manage. The Otaku have better horses, but not always better riders." He grins, embracing her waist with one arm and pulling her firmly against him with her side, then steers Huludai into trot, reins held with just one hand, as he feels out how she will hold in the saddle at greater speeds.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Misa seemed to keep her balance well enough, the wind running through her hair making her smile. Both hands grip Huludai's saddle horn tight as they trot along.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 am

Her hair fall across Butaj's chest and face as they accelerate. He takes into account that she sees with her touch so he rides at the border of wind currents, manoeuvring for her to feel how the air shifts. Soon, they are galloping, and as the summer heat draws sunsweat from their faces it is immediately taken away by the run. Butaj holds her firmly, protectively, leaning in to smell her hair which seem to be beckoning him.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:56 am

Misa gave a soft laugh at that, but didn't move at all in Butaj's arms, just trusting his guidance for the ride. "Butaj was so worried, but Huludai has been magnificent."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am

"He usually is, but Butaj claims the right to worry about Misa when she's in his care." He chuckles lightly as they speed up. Butaj focuses more on the ride, especially that her hair are all over him now.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Misa giggled quietly again. "You may, though I am pretty good about taking care of myself too. I hope you don't worry I'm helpless."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 am

"Misa is a mystery for Butaj. She doesn't see and yet she sees. Butaj worries either way, just in case. Because he cares for Misa, has some tender feelings." He grips her and the reins sronger as they speed up. He can talk only because her ear is near.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Misa just smiled at that. "You have the best of reasons for worrying, I am touched. I suppose that is a part of my 'seeing', that I tend to see few things as worth worrying about. No matter what happened to me, I would go on... in this life or another, depending what happened. Accepting the good and the bad both can make worry disappear you know." She sounded softly wistful at that as they rode.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 am

"So Butaj is wrong in getting attached to Misa?" He muses bemused as the wind in their faces becomes a silencer.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:57 am

"Wrong?" She laughed. "No no, it's never wrong to form attachments with others. I'm quite glad you have! Mmm, just that all things end eventually. It's learning to accept that fact that allows worry to not burden one so."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:09 am

"If Butaj and Misa marry it won't end anytime soon." He chuckles and leans in to kiss the back of her head with her hair being everywhere and obscuring the kiss to the uninterested prairie dogs and weasels. "That would make Butaj's attachment quite welcome?"
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall