(D5 LE, Yuzuki's Tent) Are We Friends Now?

Re: (D5 LE, Yuzuki's Tent) Are We Friends Now?

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Yue looked a bit disappointed by the lack of massiveness of the ships. "It must be hard work to build and maintain a ship." She peered at the Mantis. "Yuzuki-san, I have said that a Unicorn will expect her husband to know how to ride a horse. Do you expect your husband to learn how to sail?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:20 pm

She shrugged. "I'm not really much of a sailor myself. Not all Mantis are, though most of us know at least the basics. If he's to live on the islands, it's not a bad skill to have."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 pm

"I see." The Shinjo's smile grew. "What does a Mantis value in a partner? I may be able to spread the word to my kin."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

"The Mantis value those who are self-reliant, who speak their mind, and who have courage. Men of action. If you were to replace a Unicorn's horse with a ship, you would probably have a slightly odd Mantis."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:36 pm

"Sou desu ka." Yue tilted her head. "Gomennasai. I do not mean this as an offense. However, I am sure that each Clan wants a samurai who is courageous and self-reliant." She furrowed her brow. "I am not sure if every Clan wants samurai who speak their minds. I have heard that that is frowned upon in some cases."

She gave a weak smile. "Do you expect your future husband to learn how to wield a kama?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:14 am

"Not all clans value courage and self-reliance the way the Mantis do, Shinjo-san. They are in our blood. We are descended from Kaimetsu-Uo who struck out on his own to tame our islands, firstborn of Osano-Wo, the Fortune of Fire and Thunder whose parents were Hida-no-Kami and the Dragon of Thunder."

She paused before continuing.

"And no. I do not expect a husband to learn the ways of the kama. I expect he will continue training in the style of his sensei."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Yue nodded along, even though she was sure she was not picking up all of it. "Sou desu ka." She scratched the back of her head. "I can attest to your bravery, Yuzuki-san. You stood up again when you were already gravely wounded."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:20 pm

"I would expect nothing less of a husband," she said in return.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:57 pm

She smirked. "It is a shame that you cannot marry any of the men who fought alongside us. However, the men of my Clan are capable warriors too!" The Shinjo got up to stand. "You need to have more rest, Yuzuki-san. I will not bother you any further." She then shrugged. "You may let me know if you would like me to stay longer."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Previous

Return to Western Yurts